Hello pilots, CM is on board. Do you copy?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Reitousair #61 Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6508 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hmm, seeing this latest page I know several people have been making the connection including me. 2.0.5 is the 2.0 version of 1.5. Changes that nobody really asked for and seemed massively disconnected from what people generally wanted which in turn helped cut down the playerbase by a very large amount. I left after 1.5 hit myself because some of the changes just destroyed everything I enjoyed about WoWp and I was also playing that other plane game at the time so I went from 50/50 with my playtime to 0/100.

It seems I might just end up being like some of the 1.X veterans, lingering around the game and/or it's community with what could perhaps be described as a feeling of betrayal. All packaged nicely with cynicism at the massive disconnect between developers and players along with a passion for the game to want to stick around and see where it goes in the future (or possibly just to laugh at how it continues to fall flat on its face over and over again)

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

blindfoId #62 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

I am here to collect the feedback and share the information I have, not to hear insulting comments ant tolerate getting personal. I will listen carefully to deliberated comments and questions, provide support with the issues addressed and do my best to make your feedback heard and reacted on. I appreciate the help I was provided with - links to the topics that need attention, constructive discussions and nicely built comments, and I hope this pleasant and useful for both sides cooperation to continue.

1. My NA and EU accounts do not have cheat codes you are talking about. So I play as a user not a developer, experiencing fps-issues on my not-really-great-laptop and etc. Nonetheless I cannot play on NA servers because of the ping over 300. A little bit better on EU though.

2. I am not Priolia.

3. I am aware of time zones in Americas, thank you. It would be great if you read my answers carefully as I do read yours. For example,

View PostblindfoId, on 24 July 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Hi! The answer is pretty simple: different time zones within a single server. Even server reset time is different for different parts of America, so for someone that time my also seem unfair. Any scheduled time may seem unfair for different people depending on their life-style and working hours, you know. However you do have a point, I will discuss it anyway, thank you (:

4. If you do have complaints about the way I personally communicate, you are welcome to  express your informed opinion to help me to reconsider my answers and the way of interaction. Send me a message please.

Thanks again for those being constructive. I would ask you to stop the discussion of my personality or posting content not-related to the overall topic. Thank you and have a nice day.

ArrowZ_ #63 Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:22 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Then I would recommend to close this thread before we all get too carried away with these so called "insults" and "personal" grudges which by the way is aimed more at WG and the higher ups and not you blindfold. The introductions been done and suggestions to use our forums here in NA has been given. I just hope you have a decent plan for that. Getting the developers attention into patching some "good" content in the next few months is another problem to be addressed later. We'll see what feedbacks will actually make a difference or if they will matter at all these coming weeks.

On the flip side this is the most I've seen in communication with WG staff and CMs. Appreciate the effort.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

mnbv_fockewulfe #64 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Oops, forgot to give you the official NA forum welcome!

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #65 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 July 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Oops, forgot to give you the official NA forum welcome!

thank you for the welcome,

not brother bear...

she's your hot sister bear

Enjoy

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Cenotaph #66 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostblindfoId, on 27 July 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

3. I am aware of time zones in Americas, thank you. It would be great if you read my answers carefully as I do read yours. For example,

You still do not get it, it seems...

Events that are supposed to only be on the weekend... run until the middle of Monday.

That means that anybody that has school, or a job, is being punished by up to 12 hours of participation time.

The event is supposed to only be on the weekend.... 12 hours later is NOT the weekend.

There are not 12 hours worth of time zones in North America... why do you keep bringing it up like it is a valid excuse?

The whole server resets at the same time... 12 hours later is not a good time to end an event.

To fix the problem... change PM to AM in your code... problem fixed

Please start listening... not just -saying- you're listening.

This is very simple... you guys made a mistake and put PM instead of AM, be constructive and admit it... fix it... and we can move on.

This is why it's hard to talk to you... you won't even listen to something this simple...

Edited by Cenotaph, 28 July 2018 - 02:41 AM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Bobby_Tables #67 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3722 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

This is very simple... you guys made a mistake and put PM instead of AM, be constructive and admit it... fix it... and we can move on.

You are massively neglecting our Aussie and other ASIAPAC players for your own selfish needs.  They do not have their own server and I hope they never get one because they are too much fun for us night owls.  Great sports, fun to play with/against and their day does not end on Pacific Time but much later.  Cento, your posts are becoming more and more shrill.  Tone it down some and think before you post.  Is this really such a big issue?  Nope, not really.  If the NA server was just dedicated to NA from New York to Hawaii, then fine.  But you got to take into account those who are far away and playing on a server that best fits their ping and language.  

I would strongly recommend seeing your Dr. first thing on Monday regarding your anxiety.  I am not kidding.  It's really coming on strong and I think you might, as they say, bust a gasket, and that is not good.  Take care of yourself and that starts with your mind.  Seriously, I am trying to look out for you.  Sometimes the best thing you can do is admit when you have an issue and that leads to better health.  

Take Care,

Bobby_T

Cenotaph #68 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:50 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

:great:  Everyone knows a legit weekend goes from server reset... to 12 hours past server reset, Monday morning.

Cool story, Bobby... go find some straws to clutch, you'd have better luck.

Edited by Cenotaph, 28 July 2018 - 02:58 AM.

Bobby_Tables #69 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3722 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCenotaph, on 27 July 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

:great:  Everyone knows a legit weekend goes from server reset... to 12 hours past server reset, Monday morning.

Cool story, Bobby... go find some straws to clutch, you'd have better luck.

Seriously, I am not kidding, go to your profile, read your last 10 posts out loud to yourself and think about it.  Just saying.  If you need help, it's never too late to ask for it.  

Take Care of Yourself,

Bobby_T

Cenotaph #70 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:05 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

When you base your argument on a ridiculous premise, it's really hard to take anything that follows seriously, Bobby.

You tried, and failed... better luck next time. :medal:

What's more believeable, it's for the Aussies... or WG messed up and switched PM and AM? (It wouldn't be the first time)

By the way, it's Tuesday in Aus when the event ends... soooo? (Desert already mentioned that)

I mean really, man... if you want me to start attacking you, just start treating everyone like they are beneath you, not just me... every single post you make, lace it with hubris...

It worked for MARS, it worked for Prenz... it'll prolly work for you too, except I can see you coming a mile away.

Edited by Cenotaph, 28 July 2018 - 04:03 AM.

Reitousair #71 Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6508 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBobby_Tables, on 27 July 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

You are massively neglecting our Aussie and other ASIAPAC players for your own selfish needs.  They do not have their own server and I hope they never get one because they are too much fun for us night owls.  Great sports, fun to play with/against and their day does not end on Pacific Time but much later.  Cento, your posts are becoming more and more shrill.  Tone it down some and think before you post.  Is this really such a big issue?  Nope, not really.  If the NA server was just dedicated to NA from New York to Hawaii, then fine.  But you got to take into account those who are far away and playing on a server that best fits their ping and language.

Uhhm... for the Aussies/SEA players the event ends on a Tuesday... which means they end up with even less time to play than the NA region, so... I don't think that argument really makes sense. Another problem comes is that the server is the North American server, so even though it's also effectively the SEA server it would make sense for it to end at midnight PST, possibly midnight EST. As of right now it cuts into Monday/Tuesday for what's supposed to be a weekend event. NA's event time ends at noon PDT on Monday currently which means that anybody in the NA region can't play if they have work/school, maybe people in the EU region can still play while the Oceania/SEA are having to stay up extremely late if they want to continue playing.

I think Ceno is right on this one, changing the event time from 12 PM PDT to 12 AM PDT would make a lot more sense, especially for the NA region. Oceania/SEA will have it end on Monday but even then that would be expected since they're so far ahead of the NA timezones, not have it end on a Tuesday. EU players might get screwed but at the same time there's the EU server.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #72 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostReitousair, on 28 July 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Uhhm... for the Aussies/SEA players the event ends on a Tuesday... which means they end up with even less time to play than the NA region, so... I don't think that argument really makes sense. Another problem comes is that the server is the North American server, so even though it's also effectively the SEA server it would make sense for it to end at midnight PST, possibly midnight EST. As of right now it cuts into Monday/Tuesday for what's supposed to be a weekend event. NA's event time ends at noon PDT on Monday currently which means that anybody in the NA region can't play if they have work/school, maybe people in the EU region can still play while the Oceania/SEA are having to stay up extremely late if they want to continue playing.

I think Ceno is right on this one, changing the event time from 12 PM PDT to 12 AM PDT would make a lot more sense, especially for the NA region. Oceania/SEA will have it end on Monday but even then that would be expected since they're so far ahead of the NA timezones, not have it end on a Tuesday. EU players might get screwed but at the same time there's the EU server.

I've always thought Ceno was thinking the same thing many of us were...

WG messed up AM and PM and it makes perfect sense...

Ceno even said he had NO PROBLEM with this obvious mistake

it's when they started constructing the convoluted wall of bovine excrement,

then tried to pawn it off as some kind of advantage that we were too blind to see...

well, that's when Ceno's head exploded and here we are

effin brains all stuck on my pixel ceiling

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Cenotaph #73 Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 28 July 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

I've always thought Ceno was thinking the same thing many of us were...

WG messed up AM and PM and it makes perfect sense...

Ceno even said he had NO PROBLEM with this obvious mistake

it's when they started constructing the convoluted wall of bovine excrement,

then tried to pawn it off as some kind of advantage that we were too blind to see...

well, that's when Ceno's head exploded and here we are

effin brains all stuck on my pixel ceiling

Nice to see people get it :great:

And like it said, it wouldn't be the first time they made this mistake...

Waaaay back in the day WoT server reset was at 4 AM... your daily x2's reset at 4 PM.

Why was that an issue?

Well let's say there's a x5 weekend coming, in order to not miss out on your x5 Saturday, you'd need to stop playing before 4PM on Friday, to preserve that x2 till the event started at 4 AM.

Likewise, giving people with no adult responsibilities an extra 12 hours to dominate the leader boards, is a mistake made by WG that needs to be addressed.

I just don't comprehend how they expect us to trust someone who can't even grasp the difference between AM and PM, to be our voice... when they can't even understand us.

Edited by Cenotaph, 28 July 2018 - 06:58 PM.

ArrowZ_ #74 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Man... I'm liking these forum games. Because its more fun than playing WOWP :P

Also I think blindfold lost the key to close threads...

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Bobby_Tables #75 Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3722 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostReitousair, on 27 July 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

Dammit, there you go making sense and ruining it for me and my attack on Ceno.  I was having fun, but noooooo, you all have to go and use logic.  

Ah well, will wait to jump on the next forum poster.  Where is Hamhock when I need him?

Oh yeah, apologies to Ceno, but really man, simma, simma down a bit.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 29 July 2018 - 12:06 AM.

Cenotaph #76 Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:27 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
No need to apologize, you know I didn't take it seriously... :honoring:

Deltavee #77 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 864 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 24 July 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

It would be very nice if the devs would talk to us regarding the suggestions made.  Like "hey, that's a good idea, and we'll look into implementing that", or "hey, that's an interesting idea, and we'll keep that in mind for the future" or "hey, that idea is completely dead, and we're not going to do anything about that, ever. but thanks for your input", etc.

That way, when folks ask for certain kinds of fixes over and over and over and over again, you can point them to the reply and say "hey we're working on it and expect it in [timeframe]" or "hye, we're looking into that for a future patch, no promises" or "hey, NFW we are ever going to do that, please stop asking", etc.

That way, people know what to expect, and can plan accordingly.  In addition, folks who want info about certain fixes or updates can be directed to the proper place to have their questions answered.  Being specific about the fixes wouldn't hurt.  "Yes, we see that the new AAA model is overpowered, and we want to do something to make it less so."  Instead of "we're looking at that."  

Finally, we'd love it of the development team would actually play the game without cheat codes, so they can experience what it is like for their paying customers.  Cheat codes are great, but they don't allow players to experience the full range of emotions that can happen when you're trying to grind a line or a plane.

Hell, just give us the damned cheat codes!

For free....

Deltavee

GAA drivers do it in the dirt.

GonerNL #78 Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 696 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 25 July 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

1. I do not deny the problem of poor communication between regions. That is why I am here, and I said it in my very first post here.

Bit late response, but I wondered ; in your first post you said you are the new 'global community manager', but I don't remember ever seeing you on the EU forum ??

Flying on EU and NA server

blindfoId #79 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 27 September 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Bit late response, but I wondered ; in your first post you said you are the new 'global community manager', but I don't remember ever seeing you on the EU forum ??

I check up Official Discord Server, Official Forum and happy to have an essential help of EU CM who is always ready to provide me with information needed or pass along the information to EU players. Do you think EU forum lacks my presence? (: Of course we share the information with SonicPariah as well but it is much easier for me to post myself as time zone difference delays the transfer of information.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users