Jump to content


Hello pilots, CM is on board. Do you copy?


  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

blindfoId #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

Hello all,

My name is blindfold and from now on I'm going to be your new Global Community Manager. 

I'm from Minsk and English is not my mother-tongue so I hope you will be patient and understanding with my probable mistakes.  I'm apologizing in advance (:

I'm really looking forward to working and communicating with you guys! Hope for making life of our community brighter and friendlier delivering you first-hand information and taking care of your issues.

Surely I've come bearing gifts. We noticed that lots of pilots do not understand how exactly the new type efficiency system works, so we prepared a tiny guide to help you out! 

Click here for more information.

 

Have a great day and fly safe!



Reitousair #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7429 battles
  • 530
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

Another CM huh? Well then, welcome!

 

Not many people who frequent the forums here unfortunately, us NA players are a rather small community with the forums having even fewer regulars.


I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


blindfoId #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

Thank you (:

I hope to make the communication much easier and react on issues as fast as I can. 

Well, I noticed the forum to be still and quite, however I'm going to be here loooots of time (:



FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 41 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012
Minsk and not Kiev? :amazed: Anyways Welcome, see you in the skies. :honoring:

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

 


blindfoId #5 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

Yeah, from Minsk (: But anyway we here have more opportunities to keep in touch with game designers, you know, and to react faster. Same timezone and etc.

Thank you!



Gullygnome #6 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1820 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
Hello to Minsk from rainy Maine! :)

blindfoId #7 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018
Minsk is pretty rainy too this week. (:

Edward_Thache #8 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1185 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    04-06-2017

View PostReitousair, on 23 July 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

Another CM huh? Well then, welcome!

 

Not many people who frequent the forums here unfortunately, us NA players are a rather small community with the forums having even fewer regulars.

 

Yep, and the Discord channel is friendlier but hard to follow unless it's your work, eat and sleep with it.  Do you listen on both or is one better than the other?  If one is better than the other then why have both.  Do you know how confusing it must be for a new player when the CM's are all on Discord but the new player is on the forums with questions?  Do you know how frustrating it is for vet players not to get answers for reasonable questions?  These questions may be addressed on Discord but they are not replicated on the forums.  I see issues on this forum fo for days with no response from any WG personnel.  You can't effectively follow any topic on Discord, sorry.  It appears that you are only responding to a select group.  There hasn't been a response post from WG staff since July 17th. 

Edited by Edward_Thache, 23 July 2018 - 01:13 PM.


mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 256 battles
  • 3,123
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Your name is an accurate description of the way the devs look at the community.:trollface:

Welcome to America!:great:


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


blindfoId #10 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 7 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostEdward_Thache, on 23 July 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

Yep, and the Discord channel is friendlier but hard to follow unless it's your work, eat and sleep with it.  Do you listen on both or is one better than the other?  If one is better than the other then why have both.  Do you know how confusing it must be for a new player when the CM's are all on Discord but the new player is on the forums with questions?  Do you know how frustrating it is for vet players not to get answers for reasonable questions?  These questions may be addressed on Discord but they are not replicated on the forums.  I see issues on this forum fo for days with no response from any WG personnel.  You can't effectively follow any topic on Discord, sorry.  It appears that you are only responding to a select group.  There hasn't been a response post from WG staff since July 17th. 

 

Good day to you, sir (: Not sure if you need my answer as you addressed Reitousair, but I guess it won't hurt.

The official platform for informing and communicating is forum as the title (Official Forum of the Americas)  goes and Discord channel is supporting and additional resource. We consider forum to be much more convenient for gathering the feedback and contacting players. And, well, that's why I'm here - to communicate with you guys, answer your questions, help you out with issues and provide contact with game designers as far as I can. 

Moreover, you can find me in Discord too, but forum is my priority.

 

Feel free to contact me concerning problems you have. Could you please provide specific examples of problems you need to be solved? I will do my best to help you!

 

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 23 July 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

Your name is an accurate description of the way the devs look at the community.:trollface:

Welcome to America!:great:

 

​That was clever (: However that is just the title of the song, no additional contexts.

Thank you!


Edited by blindfoId, 23 July 2018 - 02:18 PM.


tahee59 #11 Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 1,789
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012
Dang the last one did not last long.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1983 battles
  • 1,851
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Another CM, or a replacement for SonicPariah?

 

Well, good luck.  We'd love to hear about how WG is going about addressing the concerns of the customer base, but I personally understand that if they don't tell you anything, you can't tell us anything.  Or if they tell you, but threaten to fire you if you mention it, you won't be able to tell us.

 

Really, most of the issues with the anger coming from your player base is lack of customer service.  Especially for those folks who spent real money.  



The_Wild_Weasel #13 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1831 battles
  • 438
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well, welcome ...I guess...few players have been "saltier" than me with the recent patch 2.05....

Im disappointed with the direction of this game (2.05) to the point I refuse to drop another dime, and play the competitors game now, and Its actually quite fun,and devs are in Contact quite reg with the player base.

 

Its too bad for WG , my $$$ are going else where.

 

Good luck, I really hope WG will come to their senses like Blizzard did and accept they laid a rotten egg with 2.05. (oh and can anyone explain the premium plane fiasco? ...why are the ones being sold better than the one in my hanger.

 

Disgruntled player 

 

W_W 

 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 784 battles
  • 3,532
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

we here in the NA Forum Gameshave a real appetite for fun...


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Battlementca #15 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 4766 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    09-28-2017
здравствуйте blindfold. I hope that you can improve the communication between the developers and the players. Also please play on the North American servers once in awhile to connect with your target audience. Thanks!

ClosedCoffin #16 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4850 battles
  • 150
  • [MRCS] MRCS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

View PostblindfoId, on 23 July 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Minsk is pretty rainy too this week. (:

 

Ah but when the rain stops the beauty emerges..

Welcome and hope to see you in battle.



Prenzlau #17 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6729 battles
  • 687
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostblindfoId, on 23 July 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Hello all,

My name is blindfold and from now on I'm going to be your new Global Community Manager. 

I'm from Minsk and English is not my mother-tongue so I hope you will be patient and understanding with my probable mistakes.  I'm apologizing in advance (:

I'm really looking forward to working and communicating with you guys! Hope for making life of our community brighter and friendlier delivering you first-hand information and taking care of your issues.

Surely I've come bearing gifts. We noticed that lots of pilots do not understand how exactly the new type efficiency system works, so we prepared a tiny guide to help you out! 

Click here for more information.

 

Have a great day and fly safe!

 

Greetings Blindfold. Welcome to our community. When you say "taking care of our issues", can you tell us what issues you can assist us with? For example if a number of players post their input on a game related subject, do you have the ability to communicate directly with development and return those players an answer?

 

Thanks,

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


SonicPariah #18 Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • 879
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 23 July 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Another CM, or a replacement for SonicPariah?

 

Well, good luck.  We'd love to hear about how WG is going about addressing the concerns of the customer base, but I personally understand that if they don't tell you anything, you can't tell us anything.  Or if they tell you, but threaten to fire you if you mention it, you won't be able to tell us.

 

Really, most of the issues with the anger coming from your player base is lack of customer service.  Especially for those folks who spent real money.  

 

Another CM.

 

I am still very much here and still your point of contact for the NA Region!



desert786 #19 Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:18 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8102 battles
  • 14
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I have a question regarding the way the events work: why does the event run until midday Monday. Are the developers aware that people have jobs or school or do they expect people to put their live on hold to play a video game? Ending the event at server reset seem very sensible. Why give people who have free time during the workweek an advantage?

 

a member of my clan previously asked a similar question to this and the response while not official, was never the less from a WG official, that was given was: "personal time management is players' responsibility, not game developer, isn't it? Since WG made the event, should it not be aware of the standard work/school scheduled of its player base?

 

Thank you for your time.



ArrowZ_ #20 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:38 AM

    Captain

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
  • 3,273
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

Hmm... Interesting :popcorn:

 

Welcome to the barren lands of a forgotten region that nobody really cares about. Until now it seems! 

 

 

P.S. Not that it would matter now or even then at the time. But this is the sort of thing that should have been done during pre 1.x beta days. It might have helped during the 1.0-1.4 phase of the game in terms of communication.


Edited by ArrowZ_, 24 July 2018 - 01:57 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users