SonicPariah - Suggestions for the shop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Throffy #1 Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4653 battles

Hi Sonic,

Firstly, thank-you for organizing to get my game handle back o7.  Greatly appreciated mate.

Now to the topic at hand...

This game doesn't run on love, it needs player driven funds to grow and survive in the marketplace.

Unfortunately for a lot of people, budgets are tight, and the last items on the expense list for the month is money for gaming.  So here are my suggestions to help us budget impaired players, and to help increase revenue to support the game:

1)  I purchased a Seafang a few weeks ago, and then it came out in a bundle for about $18 more, and I was disappointed I didn't hold off buying it. Why not have an upgrade option to bundle pack if you already own the premium plane in vanilla form; where it only costs you the difference in price between the vanilla version you originally purchased, and the bundle version. Once you're logged into the shop with your account, have a second purchasing button appear that says "Upgrade" if the plane is already linked to that account.  This shouldn't be too hard to do, as they have something similar with the specials "1 per account" deals.  One massive benefit of doing this, is that players won't hold off on purchase a plane because they are waiting for a "Bundle Deal" to come out; they'll be able to purchase it now, safe in the knowledge that if a bundle does come out, they won't regret their initial purchase, they can just upgrade to it if they wish.

2) List the special deals and bundles (with pics) a month in advance on the calendar so we have some time to budget, save, and put away those precious dollars to buy them.  Not every month there's something I want to purchase to support the game, but I have been caught out, and disappointed, by not having the cash saved away in my budget to afford an item that only lasted that month.  This would also increase the hype and give us something to look forward to with baited breath, and I'm sure increase the sales :)  a win-win in anyone's books!

Well, that's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Thanks again for all your efforts behind the scenes, and for taking the time to read this Sonic, and my hope is these suggestions help increase the much needed revenue to support this game and make it grow.

Clear Skies o7

Throffy

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1929 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

^Sounds logical to me, I like the idea....will it happen ..... notta.... WG is out to bleed us dry, before this game goes down in flames.

W_W

NorthernPorter #3 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1791 battles
Both sound like good ideas that I'd welcome and appreciate. I feel like that would definitely help in budgeting for some of these planes. Would also be nice in easing some buyer's remorse if you can see the deal coming and or "upgrade" your current packages. Good thinking Throffy!

SlappedbyRommel #4 Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2067 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Good ideas but WG from what I see does not operate the way you think for you to purchase items or planning - no thought there.

Reitousair #5 Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10963 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

While your second idea probably won't work because they want to keep the surprise up when they sell you an RB-17 with an 8-point pilot and gunman gunner your first idea for sure should be a thing. I'm one of the types that almost always waits for a bundle/sale/etc. for an aircraft I want, even if readily available. Because I don't want to buy it only to see that I'd have to buy it all again if I want to get the extra bells and whistles. So having the ability to buy just the bells and whistles if I already have the plane(s) would be quite nice. Especially if they sold some sweet-looking JL-1A-37 or iL-10M camo.

...Well that would be me before 2.0.5 and all the stuff they've done but that's besides the point. Good ideas!

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

poppavein #6 Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3200 battles
Since 2.0.5, I’ve felt I’ve bought more than enough planes. Really have no desire to buy any more and the 2.0.5 disappointment is exasperated when I see previously bought planes now come with full Specialization. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• 1214 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I've noticed there is no way to withdrawal monies from my WG account

so, I deposit nothing

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SonicPariah #8 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostThroffy, on 20 July 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Hi Sonic,

Firstly, thank-you for organizing to get my game handle back o7.  Greatly appreciated mate.

Now to the topic at hand...

This game doesn't run on love, it needs player driven funds to grow and survive in the marketplace.

Unfortunately for a lot of people, budgets are tight, and the last items on the expense list for the month is money for gaming.  So here are my suggestions to help us budget impaired players, and to help increase revenue to support the game:

1)  I purchased a Seafang a few weeks ago, and then it came out in a bundle for about $18 more, and I was disappointed I didn't hold off buying it. Why not have an upgrade option to bundle pack if you already own the premium plane in vanilla form; where it only costs you the difference in price between the vanilla version you originally purchased, and the bundle version. Once you're logged into the shop with your account, have a second purchasing button appear that says "Upgrade" if the plane is already linked to that account.  This shouldn't be too hard to do, as they have something similar with the specials "1 per account" deals.  One massive benefit of doing this, is that players won't hold off on purchase a plane because they are waiting for a "Bundle Deal" to come out; they'll be able to purchase it now, safe in the knowledge that if a bundle does come out, they won't regret their initial purchase, they can just upgrade to it if they wish.

2) List the special deals and bundles (with pics) a month in advance on the calendar so we have some time to budget, save, and put away those precious dollars to buy them.  Not every month there's something I want to purchase to support the game, but I have been caught out, and disappointed, by not having the cash saved away in my budget to afford an item that only lasted that month.  This would also increase the hype and give us something to look forward to with baited breath, and I'm sure increase the sales :)  a win-win in anyone's books!

Well, that's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Thanks again for all your efforts behind the scenes, and for taking the time to read this Sonic, and my hope is these suggestions help increase the much needed revenue to support this game and make it grow.

Clear Skies o7

Throffy

1. Upgrade to current bundles is a great idea. Not sure how practical or easy to implement it would be, but definitely worth the thought. We used to do something similar in Console for Base/Upgraded/Fully Upgraded versions of the tanks and then throw in extra tanks for a bigger bundle.

2. A month is not practical in this instance. However, there might some chance of getting 1 - 2 Weeks in advance in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users