fps is great until i press the fire button

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

upgraded to 480gb transcend SSD last weekend, and everything is so incredibly fast now      PassMark says 76, so i'm very pleased

i used SSD Fresh to optimize Win10 64 params, and no v-sync of course

i7 with Nvidia 660m, 16gb ddr3 ram, every driver fully updated...   i get 35-40 fps in normal clear air flight

until i click LMB... immediate drop to 10-12 fps

this didn't happen on the old slow HDD, dammit

'very low' or 'high' in-game graphic settings makes absolutely no diff  (that's really really strange right there)

i can no longer fly LF, GAs at all, and heavies are a struggle...  bombers are all i can really fly now   (turret gunnery = no fps loss at all... go figure)

i'm seriously considering reinstalling slow-as-eff HDD, just to be able to play and contribute to the team 

i haven't tried killing the WG game center yet, but i never had to kill it before now            any ideas?  

Edited by trikke, 14 July 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12591 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
For the past two or three weeks I have become more and more certain that they are using high ping and packet loss to 'balance' the battles.  Often, just as I am in a critical junction of my bombing run, here it comes.  Since the 14th of June (a day that will live in infamy} it takes me 9 days to get as many ground targets as I used to get in 7 days.  This is a particularly aggravating method of MM.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #3 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3718 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

maybe you need to install this...

: [NET Framework 4.0](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
: [Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29
: [Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
: [Visual C++ 2010](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
: [Visual C++ 2013](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
: [MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15697)

this is part of a response that support gave me last year when I asked them why the game had such low fps..... or maybe you don´t need all this because the final part of the instructions said:

..."after installing all packages,,, restart your PC and re-install World fo Tanks"....

so, who really knows what software is needed to play this game(?)..

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

• 12591 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
Well, I don't think they actually know or would tell us if they did.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Edward_Thache #5 Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1185 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 July 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

For the past two or three weeks I have become more and more certain that they are using high ping and packet loss to 'balance' the battles.  Often, just as I am in a critical junction of my bombing run, here it comes.  Since the 14th of June (a day that will live in infamy} it takes me 9 days to get as many ground targets as I used to get in 7 days.  This is a particularly aggravating method of MM.

I don't know if thats\'s even possible (selectively controlling packet loss).  There are too many variables from client to server (virtual servers at that.)  As a GAA pilot myself, I have noticed the drop in successful GT kills.  I know the ack ack is better but the cap bots seem to be the same.  But you know when the frustration level goes up, playing time goes down.  Money flow stopped a long time ago (three weeks).

Cenotaph #6 Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 14 July 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

maybe you need to install this...

: [NET Framework 4.0](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
: [Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29
: [Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
: [Visual C++ 2010](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
: [Visual C++ 2013](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
: [MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3](
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15697)

this is part of a response that support gave me last year when I asked them why the game had such low fps..... or maybe you don´t need all this because the final part of the instructions said:

..."after installing all packages,,, restart your PC and re-install World fo Tanks"....

so, who really knows what software is needed to play this game(?)..

:teethhappy:

Man, if there were awards for incompetence, WG would win every year...

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:18 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 14 July 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

upgraded to 480gb transcend SSD last weekend, and everything is so incredibly fast now      PassMark says 76, so i'm very pleased

i7 with Nvidia 660m, 16gb ddr3 ram, every driver fully updated...   i get 35-40 fps in normal clear air flight

'very low' or 'high' in-game graphic settings makes absolutely no diff  (that's really really strange right there)

i can no longer fly LF, GAs at all, and heavies are a struggle...  bombers are all i can really fly now   (turret gunnery = no fps loss at all... go figure)

i'm seriously considering reinstalling slow-as-eff HDD, just to be able to play and contribute to the team 

i haven't tried killing the WG game center yet, but i never had to kill it before now            any ideas?  

I don't know what key you have assigned to the fire action... but, push it harder.

lemme know if that works... k?

:sceptic:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Posttrikke, on 14 July 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

Kinda like a Patient:  "Dr., it hurts when I do this."  Doctor: "Then don't do that".

Have you considered not shooting and just flying around taking nice screen shots of the incredible graphics?  

Seriously though, get rid of SSD Fresh.  I took a look at it and it's totally unecessary and could be the root of your issues.  In the description it says something like "defragments blah blah blah files".  With an SSD, there is no need to defragment and that can even lead to issues.  Looks more like crapware to me.  

I did migrate 3 separate computers from HDDs to SSDs and used the SSD vendor's migration tools to move Windows 10 and did not have any issues luckily.  I have done a total reinstall of Windows 10 on one home computer not due to SSD issues but due to family members screwing things up.  That's another route to consider.  My first step would be to get rid of SSD Fresh.    

trikke #9 Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i re-cloned the SSD, and did not use SSD Fresh this time...   6-7 training room battles all had normal 30-40 fps and only a couple fps drop when firing

completely fine with me!

i'm BACK, baby!

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #10 Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3718 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

Alright man, i'm glad...

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 15 July 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

i re-cloned the SSD, and did not use SSD Fresh this time...   6-7 training room battles all had normal 30-40 fps and only a couple fps drop when firing

completely fine with me!

i'm BACK, baby!

might want to upvote Bobby Tables and thank him...

he did diagnose your problem...

now if mashing on the fire button had worked, well...

I'd would have expected the upvote and thank you...

hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #12 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

did just that, and upvoted you too, for just general contributions to the forum over the years, brother...  even though 'mashing' the fire button harder didn't seem to work

but the biggest thank you goes to my long-suffering flight partners... especially SpiritFoxMY

whose WR took a steep tumble whenever flighted with me over the last few weeks, because of my ridiculous pc issues 

but today...  i contributed, dammit!

trikke #13 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2260 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
all good for two full weeks now...   ah, who knows

SpiritFoxMY #14 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2744 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 01 August 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

all good for two full weeks now...   ah, who knows

Not entirely. I remember there was an issue a week or so ago where you had to reset your entire system and turn stuff off

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

comtedumas #15 Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:12 AM

• 5069 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Posttrikke, on 14 July 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

Wired or wireless mouse?  Try a different one either way.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users