Jump to content


Wargaming 'Core Values'

WG Values Are they valid

  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

f16falcona46 #21 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2249 battles
  • 29
  • [NTFLX] NTFLX
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 12 July 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

 

Discord...lol 

The forums where this stuff needs discussed, thats why we have forums in the first place, dont let them use Jedi tactics on you my little Padawans.... its a trap.

 

W_W

 

 

Why not both?

spider_x #22 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 26 battles
  • 51
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013

I keep seeing post and replies referring WOWP as a Russian game.

 

That would appear to be in error according to Wikipedia:

 

Victor Kislyi
CEO of Wargaming
Born: 1976 (age 42 years), Minsk, Belarus


Wargaming Group Limited is an international game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus.

 

World of Warplanes is a free-to-play flight combat massively multiplayer online (MMO) action game developed by Persha Studia in Ukraine and published by Wargaming in Belarus.

 



Reitousair #23 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5541 battles
  • 326
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View Postspider_x, on 12 July 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I keep seeing post and replies referring WOWP as a Russian game.

 

That would appear to be in error according to Wikipedia:

 

Victor Kislyi
CEO of Wargaming
Born: 1976 (age 42 years), Minsk, Belarus


Wargaming Group Limited is an international game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus.

 

World of Warplanes is a free-to-play flight combat massively multiplayer online (MMO) action game developed by Persha Studia in Ukraine and published by Wargaming in Belarus.

 

 

While not 100% accurate, people will still quite commonly refer to those areas as "Russia" due to their ties to the Soviet Union back in the day and the general region of the world. So, it's mostly just a generalization/running gag in the WG community to refer to everything as "Russian." ...Also because claims of "Russian Bias" from Soviet vehicles sometimes being oddly powerful compared to everything else.


I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


mnbv_fockewulfe #24 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 2,754
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postspider_x, on 12 July 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I keep seeing post and replies referring WOWP as a Russian game.

 

That would appear to be in error according to Wikipedia:

 

Victor Kislyi
CEO of Wargaming
Born: 1976 (age 42 years), Minsk, Belarus


Wargaming Group Limited is an international game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus.

 

World of Warplanes is a free-to-play flight combat massively multiplayer online (MMO) action game developed by Persha Studia in Ukraine and published by Wargaming in Belarus.

 

 

They're all slavs.:P

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


TheMadPizzler #25 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2311 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012


poppavein #26 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1822 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 



Noreaga #27 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 2,935
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

welcome all to our ever growing club !!! makes me sad to see people who liked the game no longer like it , but we told you so :D

 

anyway haven't giggled this much recently, this part of their dev. cycle is actually quite entertaining. Better than the actual game!


Nimis obnoxii curare


CorvusCorvax #28 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1230 battles
  • 1,072
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I only like this game because I can fly and shoot stuff down/blow stuff up.  It's really too bad SonicPariah can't tell us what the endgame is.  If we knew that, we could chose to stay, or leave, as it suited us to do.

 

But a warning to WG - I'm not spending any of my own money until some of these issue are addressed.



TheMadPizzler #29 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2311 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 July 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

I only like this game because I can fly and shoot stuff down/blow stuff up.  It's really too bad SonicPariah can't tell us what the endgame is.  If we knew that, we could chose to stay, or leave, as it suited us to do.

 

But a warning to WG - I'm not spending any of my own money until some of these issue are addressed.

 

It's really too bad SonicPariah can't tell us what's going on with Persia and Wargaming.  Crickets... ""Uh, everything is under control. Situation normal. Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine."   ---not blaming SonicPariah, but blaming the current WG corporate meta.  If anything, I feel bad for SonicPariah....  seeing how WG views players in the WoWP title, I can only assume that's how they view employees too.

Edited by TheMadPizzler, 13 July 2018 - 03:19 AM.


SlappedbyRommel #30 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1195 battles
  • 214
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

All I can say is more rubles sir along with more gruel sir. Many are vocal due to inaction by the powers of WG maybe WG is frozen and don't know how to get out of the pit. Is it so hard to say you screwed up and apologize to all and then take all the feedback advice and actually make a decent game. Your core values and your actions do not work together so you don't follow those values what so ever meaning all you are doing is giving lip service behind a Vail of words while milking the cash from the player base.

 

I am so happy I bought the Classic Nintendo with 30 games build in and no longer need to pad your wallets comrade......damn the retro games are fun.


Edited by SlappedbyRommel, 13 July 2018 - 03:13 PM.


SonicPariah #31 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 376 battles
  • 505
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 11 July 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

 

Edit:

On a serious note:  SonicPariah, any chance you could ask the higher ups if they can explain patch 2.0.5 through the lens of Wargaming Core Values?  I'm serious

 

 

 

The scope of 2.0.5 has been in discussion. We are working to get either a Dev Blog, Video Diary, or Stream in place to address the changes. In the meantime, we are working on Community videos about the changes as well.

 

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 July 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Is WoWP dev even a part of WG to begin with? :unsure:

 

It is indeed!

 

View PostReitousair, on 12 July 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

The sad part is when employees try to follow these values but end up getting snuffed out by all the people who barely care about or actively go against said values, which seem to involve the higher-ups. It's kinda like Google with "don't be evil," the individuals may try to follow the motto but the company might do things that don't quite match up to such bright ideals.

 

Trying our best here to make sure that the game and ideas flow properly both directions. Bit of a fight though.

 

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 12 July 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

WoW. You guys are just like the RU WoWP pilots. You bring up the same questions and opinions. BTW, shouldn't this be discussed on Discord since WG wants the feedback dispersed and diluted in content?

 

Dispersed, yes. Diluted? How is the same information in both locations diluted and not just duplicated? If we can get players responding on both, let's go!

 

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 12 July 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

 

Discord...lol 

The forums where this stuff needs discussed, thats why we have forums in the first place, dont let them use Jedi tactics on you my little Padawans.... its a trap.

 

W_W

 

 

Personally, I would like to see all players using all methods and means to communicate and spread information. Players not communicating everywhere they can leads only to breakdowns in communication.



mnbv_fockewulfe #32 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 2,754
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Devs not responding leads to break downs in communication.

We've been here the whole time giving "feedback".:sceptic:

Not aimed at you SP, you're doing a good job.


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


comtedumas #33 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4222 battles
  • 750
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

 

The scope of 2.0.5 has been in discussion. We are working to get either a Dev Blog, Video Diary, or Stream in place to address the changes. In the meantime, we are working on Community videos about the changes as well.

 

 

It is indeed!

 

 

Trying our best here to make sure that the game and ideas flow properly both directions. Bit of a fight though.

 

 

Dispersed, yes. Diluted? How is the same information in both locations diluted and not just duplicated? If we can get players responding on both, let's go!

 

 

Personally, I would like to see all players using all methods and means to communicate and spread information. Players not communicating everywhere they can leads only to breakdowns in communication.

 

bit of a fight in which direction?  

ArrowZ_ #34 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:56 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 932 battles
  • 2,944
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View Postcomtedumas, on 14 July 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

bit of a fight in which direction?  

 

He might risk his job if he answers that. But I too am curious. Months ago even priolia admitted some internal political struggle was ongoing in the studio and the higher ups. Think it was in one of her streams. But I could be wrong. 


That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist


trikke #35 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1858 battles
  • 1,322
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCatch21, on 11 July 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

You'd maybe have to stack these up against Persha's core values since they're the developers of WoWP, but I can't imagine they'd deviate much.

 

99% of publicly viewable corporate 'core values' are essentially identical, and are written (and rewritten) by PR folks

 

the only core value that matters is "move stock valuations higher", but you rarely never rarely see that as a publicly stated value


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SonicPariah #36 Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 376 battles
  • 505
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 13 July 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Devs not responding leads to break downs in communication.

We've been here the whole time giving "feedback".:sceptic:

Not aimed at you SP, you're doing a good job.

 

I figured it was not aimed at me and thanks!

 

View Postcomtedumas, on 14 July 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

 

bit of a fight in which direction?  

 

Communication of issues to Devs is readily available and easily attained. Communications back to us in Community is also free flowing, however, there arises an issue with "I would like to disclose this to the public in a timely manner."



CorvusCorvax #37 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1230 battles
  • 1,072
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSonicPariah, on 16 July 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

 

 

 

 

Communication of issues to Devs is readily available and easily attained. Communications back to us in Community is also free flowing, however, there arises an issue with "I would like to disclose this to the public in a timely manner."

With "timely manner" having a very amorphous and personal meaning.



NorthernPorter #38 Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1386 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

View PostSonicPariah, on 16 July 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Communication of issues to Devs is readily available and easily attained. Communications back to us in Community is also free flowing, however, there arises an issue with "I would like to disclose this to the public in a timely manner."

I can relate to this, it's a similar issue I'm dealing with the architects on. They want to give us, the construction managers, the information regarding the latest revisions the owner has them working on, but not everything is finalized. They don't want to release too much information for us to go run with in fear that the owner's don't like it or something needs to be changed again. It's a fine balancing act between giving enough information to keep us on schedule, or the game community appeased, but not too much that you end up shooting yourself in the foot for and have to change work that was already completed.

 

Kind of think 2.0.5 was maybe held to tightly to the vest to the point that when it was released, it was a rather rude awakening and changing of gears. But spit happens though, you deal with it, adapt and try to do better.

 

Thanks SP for always getting back to us when you can and with what info you're cleared to release.



SonicPariah #39 Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 376 battles
  • 505
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 16 July 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

With "timely manner" having a very amorphous and personal meaning.

 

"Literally as soon as we get the Patch Notes" would be a timely manner for me. That is one of the many behind the scenes fights I am part of though.

 

View PostNorthernPorter, on 16 July 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

I can relate to this, it's a similar issue I'm dealing with the architects on. They want to give us, the construction managers, the information regarding the latest revisions the owner has them working on, but not everything is finalized. They don't want to release too much information for us to go run with in fear that the owner's don't like it or something needs to be changed again. It's a fine balancing act between giving enough information to keep us on schedule, or the game community appeased, but not too much that you end up shooting yourself in the foot for and have to change work that was already completed.

 

Kind of think 2.0.5 was maybe held to tightly to the vest to the point that when it was released, it was a rather rude awakening and changing of gears. But spit happens though, you deal with it, adapt and try to do better.

 

Thanks SP for always getting back to us when you can and with what info you're cleared to release.

 

Agreed on all counts and I am glad to be of service!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users