Forum Games 2.oh.doh.need some input Capt Underpants continuation

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #21 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 11 July 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

I, perhaps unlike you, still have a good chance of getting my pilots licences or even joining the military for that matter. If neither of those happen, I'm planing on the long game of investing into a simulator.  

The "adapt and overcome" [edited]can only carry you so far.

A simplified game isn't worth adapting to. These aren't WWII warplanes we're flying, they're fantasy spaceships under the guise of WWII warbirds. The arcade elements of the game was there to allow the player the ability to better focus on the stylized experience of WWII aerial dogfighting. The farther the game moves from that purpose, the less people will want to play it.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #22 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 485 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 11 July 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

The "adapt and overcome" bullspunk can only carry you so far.

yes... but... pip pip, stiff upper lip ol' chap

be strong and accept the bad with the worse...

carry on

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #23 Posted Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1188 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 11 July 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

The "adapt and overcome" [edited]can only carry you so far.

A simplified game isn't worth adapting to. 

Well, we aren't having to set mixture control or flap settings or carb icing or trim or sight deflection settings, etc. etc., so what is the gripe?  We have unlimited ammo.  We have respawning stores.

For the love of Odin, this is an arcade game, and has been forever.  There are no real flight models.  There is nothing about getting a feel for the particular machine, except in the very broadest terms.  Even back under 1.x, the flight model was very basic, and you got to avoid the most hazardous part of flying - takeoff and landing.  Let's not pretend, at all, that WoWP is like flying in any way.  And here's the kicker - to those of us who are real pilots, in real life, WoWP isn't hardly like flying at all, and has NEVER been like flying.  Fly a real plane sometime and get back to me on how WoWP was ever like real flying.

WG changing the flight model to simplify it further doesn't do anything to change the very nature of the game itself.

mnbv_fockewulfe #24 Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 16 July 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Well, we aren't having to set mixture control or flap settings or carb icing or trim or sight deflection settings, etc. etc., so what is the gripe?  We have unlimited ammo.  We have respawning stores.

For the love of Odin, this is an arcade game, and has been forever.  There are no real flight models.  There is nothing about getting a feel for the particular machine, except in the very broadest terms.  Even back under 1.x, the flight model was very basic, and you got to avoid the most hazardous part of flying - takeoff and landing.  Let's not pretend, at all, that WoWP is like flying in any way.  And here's the kicker - to those of us who are real pilots, in real life, WoWP isn't hardly like flying at all, and has NEVER been like flying.  Fly a real plane sometime and get back to me on how WoWP was ever like real flying.

WG changing the flight model to simplify it further doesn't do anything to change the very nature of the game itself.

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 11 July 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

The arcade elements of the game was there to allow the player the ability to better focus on the stylized experience of WWII aerial dogfighting. The farther the game moves from that purpose, the less people will want to play it.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1188 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

And?  Your opinion is your opinion.  It's cool, and all, but nothing that matters at all to anyone but you.

I mean, I understand you'd like more flight dynamics, but where do you draw the line?  Mixture control?  Fuel supply?  Trim settings?  G-loading?  Ammo load-outs?  Gun jams?  Bullet ballistics?  Come on, there is a LOT of stuff in this game that isn't addressed even a little bit, and you're complaining that the game is more arcade than it was arcade a few months ago.

It's an arcade game, and here's the kicker:

It always has been an arcade game.  The fact that it is slightly more simplified from the previous iteration is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of arcade-ness.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #26 Posted Today, 03:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 485 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Ok, we'll use a color coding to emphasize the level of insanity...

weather maps use this method to make it easier for some minds to understand

kind of like green is raining

yellow to orange is more intense showers

orange to red is very strong storms

red to blue to dark purple become dangerous insanity levels...

so here we go:

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 16 July 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

And?  Your opinion is your opinion.  It's cool, and all, but nothing that matters at all to anyone but you.

I mean, I understand you'd like more flight dynamics, but where do you draw the line?  Mixture control?  Fuel supply?  Trim settings?  G-loading?  Ammo load-outs?  Gun jams?  Bullet ballistics?  Come on, there is a LOT of stuff in this game that isn't addressed even a little bit, and you're complaining that the game is more arcade than it was arcade a few months ago.

It's an arcade game, and here's the kicker:

It always has been an arcade game.  The fact that it is slightly more simplified from the previous iteration is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of arcade-ness.

so, you don't gain credibility by just making crap up and attributing it to someone else's beliefs

I believe you either don't understand his dislike for the game and are taking giant steps to indoctrinate him into your presently held opinion of the game... or

you are willingly feigning a misunderstanding of his well presented dislike of this new variation of the game (2.0.?) and enjoy the banter no matter how you may represent yourself to others

whatever it is... it's beyond silly to pursue this career choice

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users