Video - Above and Beyond (2015) - Documentary on the start of the Israeli Air Force

Video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

Captain

• 23 battles

Something that WoWP pilot Noreaga posted on the forums about. I finally got to see this piece of history. I was surprise to find out that the actor Pee Wee Herman's dad was one of the founding pilots. I would recommend this film to view. A very interesting story.

Block Quote

Chronicling a little-known slice of history, this absorbing documentary looks at a diverse group of veteran World War II pilots who defied the U.S. Neutrality Act and volunteered to fly for Israel at a critical moment in its battle for independence.

It reminds me of the Flying Tigers.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 07 July 2018 - 09:38 AM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2883 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
OH NO!!...I had this same error when posting a few days ago.. (multiple posts with weird titles)....What the hell is happening to the forum!!!???:ohmy:

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Captain

• 23 battles

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 07 July 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

OH NO!!...I had this same error when posting a few days ago.. (multiple posts with weird titles)....What the hell is happening to the forum!!!???:ohmy:

And it's still not cleaned up. :facepalm:

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

SonicPariah #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 363 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 07 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

There was an issue with certain ISPs not being able to reach our servers properly but that has now been cleared up.

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 07 July 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

And it's still not cleaned up. :facepalm:

Saw the multiple posts and got most of them cleaned up. Is there something else happening?

Noreaga #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Good on you flak ! I seriously suggest this politics aside, some crazy interesting people. 

the pee wee Herman thing just clicked, kept on saying "who is that creepy guy, i feel like i should know him". 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Also tagged with Video

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users