Equipment, The Good, the Bad, And the Ugly.....

Equipment Enhance Calibrate

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

megistus #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3115 battles
  • [524] 524

I'm Somewhat confused as to the proper method of upgrading equipment. For example, should I Enhance my Gas-operated Action on my guns, I loss 7% on the Accuracy. Then when I Calibrate my rate of fire drops off and the Accuracy improves.  There must be a method to refine the improvements with fewer losses.  Any info and links to explain all this would be greatly appreciated.

trikke #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2432 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i always use the enhance choice, and very very rarely use the calibrate option...   probably explains why Las Vegas holds little appeal for me

i offset the loss of gun accuracy with pilot skills marksman one and marksman two, although i still can't hit anything very well

i've heard that a pilot skills 'makeover' similar to this latest equipment shakeup may be coming our way

however, i can't complain...   i'm exactly like WG, because i too can't leave well enough alone

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3032 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Basically, the only way to improve your equipment without those annoying setbacks is to simply save up and enhance them, like trikke says. Enhancing gives you a base stat that's an improvement over the stats of the lower grade equipment so its a flat improvement.

The only other way you can play this is to calibrate your equipment fully at Stock and Improved grades. You'll still suffer losses but the calibration at these lower grades is a lot cheaper and if your calibrated stat is higher than the base enhanced stat, the equipment will keep the higher stat. So you could max out calibration at the Improved level and then completely ignore calibrating your Advanced equipment and even your Ultimate since your calibrated Improved gear is still better than the base stats of Advanced and Ultimate.

You might also want to consider if you really need to max out a piece of equipment. For example, my tier X B.V.P.215.02 carries an Ultimate Strengthened Hardpoints at its base value, which is about -4% to my maximum boost and cruise speeds but my Ultimate High Speed Gas Turbine and Ultimate Uprated Engines have been calibrated to deliver +5.5% to my maximum speed for Boost and Cruise meaning I actually keep a +1.5% improvement over my base speeds. On the other hand, my Hardpoints deliver a -24% to me reload time for all my rockets, bringing it down to 91s. Upgrading my Hardpoints fully would shave an additional 16s at most off my rocket reloads but also about 60kph off my top speeds. In this case, I'm choosing to take the slower reload for the higher speeds simply because the additional speed is more important to me than the faster rocket reloads.

Anyway, just my 2 cents

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 06 July 2018 - 01:28 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Just enhance to Advance/Ultimate. You save way more materials and silver costs. And by the time you get to ultimate tiers you're already knee deep in green-red % values anyway so might as well start investing in calibrations there instead of doing it at lower tiers where the benefits are minimal.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 13803 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
I have gone the Ultimate and max enhance route.  Don't know if that was my best choice.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

sandtiger #6 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12579 battles

do not use calibrate option. till you hit the orange set up then it well be the only option and only  apply it when on the plus+  side to the right  if it i on the - native  and it is your last group of parts  cancel it you well lose your parts but your well stay where the last positive position is  place that you apply-ed the changes ...''

there 3 stages of enhance . green purple and orange  when you hit the orange the only thing you can do at this  point is calibrate  but if you calibrate the hole time it seem like you just playing  slots and throwing all your sliver and part  away .. or at least this is how i go about it but like every one else i still try to get a hang of this stuff

Also tagged with Equipment, Enhance, Calibrate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users