Current state of High altitude AA

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

badperson #21 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Senior Airman

• 2751 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 14 July 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

more information, the AA guns are uniformly accurate from 4000 to 13000ft.

prove it or at least back it up with WG documentation.

comtedumas #22 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5146 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postbadperson, on 14 July 2018 - 01:40 AM, said:

prove it or at least back it up with WG documentation.

not a problem, if Sonic asked I will fly several missions to show him, altheough anyone who flies outgh to be able to see it.  

trikke #23 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2276 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 July 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

AA Guns are being investigated and we are working to re-work or at least re-balance them all.

No word on a date, but it is on the list.

as brand new fps issues are preventing me from flying anything but bombers since new SSD was installed this week 

i would love to see some AAA relief

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

vcharng #24 Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2551 battles

I think the actual problem here is that 2.0.5 reduced greatly the HP of bombers.

Now bombers only survivable for like 30 seconds in a higher-tier game under AA fire, making them ENTIRELY and UTTERLY useless, (or, at least when used on their supposed role of high-altitude bombing)

Non-premium bombers, AKA German bombers at the moment needs a complete buff on just about every aspect from firepower, speed, self-defense guns to survivability.

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1488 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postvcharng, on 21 July 2018 - 02:38 AM, said:

I think the actual problem here is that 2.0.5 reduced greatly the HP of bombers.

Now bombers only survivable for like 30 seconds in a higher-tier game under AA fire, making them ENTIRELY and UTTERLY useless, (or, at least when used on their supposed role of high-altitude bombing)

Non-premium bombers, AKA German bombers at the moment needs a complete buff on just about every aspect from firepower, speed, self-defense guns to survivability.

Flak will just kick your butt at high altitude, so the only way to work ground targets is with low-altitude, high-speed runs.  Get in and out of the cap area quickly, and you'll get shot at less, and have to put up with ADA less, and be able to mostly out-pace other defender aircraft.  Call it "heavy, fast GAA".

Prenzlau #26 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5766 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 23 July 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Flak will just kick your butt at high altitude, so the only way to work ground targets is with low-altitude, high-speed runs.  Get in and out of the cap area quickly, and you'll get shot at less, and have to put up with ADA less, and be able to mostly out-pace other defender aircraft.  Call it "heavy, fast GAA".

I agree, low level bombing reduces the AA damage. That said, however, there were times this weekend where the AA was brutal, even at tree top levels. Also defense planes at times were locked on and murderous. I flew tons of battles in the RB-17, solo and flighted, and it took all my skill at times to keep my plane flying. It was fun, but I did notice the AA and defense planes at times were challenging, especially if my health was depleted. 

You cannot fool around over the cap, especially if your the only plane, you have to get in, drop your bombs and get out, turn around for another pass.

Prenzlau

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

SonicPariah #27 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Yeah, the changes to AA are long overdue and definitely in the process of getting tested and implemented.

All the feedback is definitely helpful and provides a solid basis for what we need to change.

vcharng #28 Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2551 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 23 July 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Let's just say that I prefer playing bombers the "supposed" way... I don't think we need a second low-altitude ground hitter category beside GAAs.

Also I tried low-alt once with my 217 before and it wasn't really good... may need a LOT more practice.

CorvusCorvax #29 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1488 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postvcharng, on 26 July 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

Let's just say that I prefer playing bombers the "supposed" way... I don't think we need a second low-altitude ground hitter category beside GAAs.

Also I tried low-alt once with my 217 before and it wasn't really good... may need a LOT more practice.

I also like being at altitude and doing my best to bomb from as high as I can get.  But when you can't even make one pass without getting shot down by flak (and not even going in a straight line, either!), you have to change tactics.

Low-level bombing is pretty damn fun, I have to say.  Learning how and where to lay your eggs makes a very big difference in how fast you can cap.

SonicPariah #30 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 26 July 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

I also like being at altitude and doing my best to bomb from as high as I can get.  But when you can't even make one pass without getting shot down by flak (and not even going in a straight line, either!), you have to change tactics.

Low-level bombing is pretty damn fun, I have to say.  Learning how and where to lay your eggs makes a very big difference in how fast you can cap.

Yeah, it definitely takes more skill and strategy at low levels. The High Level Bombing strategies are pretty limited right now unless you have a good Heavy Fighter Wingman with you.

xxBigbacon #31 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 121 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 July 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

AA Guns are being investigated and we are working to re-work or at least re-balance them all.

No word on a date, but it is on the list.

I love the bomber game play and I am glad to hear this! I don't play this game a lot but when I do it is usually bombers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users