target the command center, repairing air base or missile base first?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1838 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

what if they're exactly the same distance away from your spawn, at the beginning of the battle when you're flying a LF or MR?

what if your favorite choice is noticeably farther away, would you change your choice to the nearest target, of those 3?

(mines, strongholds and garrisons are not included in this puzzle)

now, run this same target choice exercise for heavies, bombers and GA pilots

please show your work, for the new folks...   ty!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

poisonousblood #2 Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Command centre > airbase > missile base for this particular scenario.

trikke #3 Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1838 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

at first, i always leaned toward airbases, because of the repair ability... until i was shown that CC flights do more capping work for you than missiles 

but since AAA seems to take off bigger chunks now, maybe repairing is more important after this latest patch?

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1878 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 04 July 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

at first, i always leaned toward airbases, because of the repair ability... until i was shown that CC flights do more capping work for you than missiles 

but since AAA seems to take off bigger chunks now, maybe repairing is more important after this latest patch?

Repairing is really only useful in the long haul past the Squall Line or if the Airbase is in a strategic location, IMO. Otherwise the time taken to get a repair is almost as bad as a respawn AND GAA bots seem to like blowing up the repair depot quite often as well; four out of the last five times I tried to get a repair only to realize the last bunch of bots had blown the place up. Its most useful for the reduced spawn timer in regular conquest mode.

CCs are priority regardless of plane you're flying because they're so powerful and so easy to flip: kill the three ADAs and then strafe out the single cluster of light targets to cap a CC. Just pray neither you nor your bots die in the effort.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9779 battles
  • [FK] FK
With my bomber I actually prefer the Military Base although the CC is a close second.  I then like to hit whatever base the rockets are striking.  They never miss and never leave a partial segment.

Pogo68 #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1541 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Command center, missile base, airbase in that order.

I don't need the airbase other than as a spawn point.

The type of aircraft does not matter for me as I just adjust how I fly depending on the aircraft.

Unless the airbase is centrally located then

Command center, airbase then missile base

Reason, the command center as has been explained by a previous poster can flip a base in just 2 - 3 waves of bombers.

The airbase I'll use reduce the travel time to the targets in case I get shot down.

The only time I go for the airbase 1st is when I don't need to win but rather the points for air to air kills and it does not matter if I win or lose, cause that place is an airplane magnet.

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 July 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

CCs are priority regardless of plane you're flying because they're so powerful and so easy to flip: kill the three ADAs and then strafe out the single cluster of light targets to cap a CC. Just pray neither you nor your bots die in the effort.

And here I was focusing on killing the AAA :(

Edited by Pogo68, 05 July 2018 - 02:06 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

ArrowZ_ #7 Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 931 battles

If this puzzle assumes only one person to make the choice then regardless of plane type it's always going to be (in my opinion):

Command Center > Missile Base > Airbase

All of these sectors have ADFs. Missile base having the least amount. Holding both CC & Missile base for the duration of the match will end in a swift victory. So really only holding one is beneficial enough and that's most likely going to be the CC for most people. But that would be my priority.

And if Command Center was my favourite choice and it was further away from my spawn point or closer to the enemy. All the more reason to push for it. In the cases where the enemy caps it first and applies the 30sec lock I would reacquire the missile base and eliminate all red presence in that sector before trying to retake CC again. Airbase is only helpful after squal hits (also assuming this puzzle is under conquest). In other cases airbases are quite... unhelpful. Really depends on where its placed on the map. If airbase is placed in the center then that would put it at a higher priority. But again considering how quick Airbases flip especially if attacked by a combination of bombers/gas and a mix of fighters it would only take a few seconds and there goes all your hard work.

But ideal situations like these don't always happen especially if you're up against tough opponents or against experienced flights or have the bad draw of team bots that just love to fly in circles and be useless. Easier to shift the tide of the battle with less players obviously.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 05 July 2018 - 02:37 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

comtedumas #8 Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:02 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4213 battles
  • [FK] FK
Not sure, but I think airbases should be last.  Unless you are close by, only the jets and a very few propellor planes can really take advantage of the airbases repair abilities.  If you just capture a airbase, by all means, repair before you move, but if you capture a nearby bases, unless you are in something fast it doesn’t pay to leave altitude, dive to 750ft, get repaired and then climb back up to altitude to re-engage the enemy.  It leaves you out of boost and takes two minutes off game time to repair unless you are right on top of the base.  

trikke #9 Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1838 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i see your point, and agree that it's a time sink to divert to repair myself 

but i get shot up a lot, so repairing sounds comforting to me

i'll add that to the long list of things that i do, things that don't necessarily help my team very much

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users