Bugs not being addressed at all? Is this game company done?

Bugs glitch bad game broken game lazy programers Fire the Trash CEO

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ArcKnight381 #1 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1748 battles

So how many of us have had theses issues for the last few patches?

• On resown, still in spectator mode. I can hear my own guns shoot but the screen is showing someone different then myself.

• I close a chat window and the game crash's.

• A new game never starts and the plane is "in battle" for hours after force closing the game(no choice) and logging back in.

• (more recent) I upgrade equipment but the stat change is not reflected until I close and reload the game.

• The circle indicating where my mouse pointer is is stuck in the side of the window and dose not follow my mouse movements.

Ill add more as I remember them, there are more.

Why don't they fix these things? Why are such basic things broken in a live game? My computer hardware is current, and software is up to date.  I have 124 hours played and because of these Sad no excuse bugs I have refused to give this company a single cent of my money, never have, and never will.

Edited by ArcKnight381, 04 July 2018 - 04:34 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:53 AM

Captain

• 24168 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Actually I think that closing the chat window to exit the game is a nifty 'feature' since hitting esc and then exit game usually puts me in limbo until I log out of my computer.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I'm not having a problem with chat right now.

Hit "enter". It works if you respawn spectating someone else. Dunno what to do if you fail to reconnect after respawn (hitting Battle Button does nothing)

In Battle bug is "being worked on".

Haven't encountered the other two issues

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

ArcKnight381 #4 Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:21 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1748 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 July 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

I'm not having a problem with chat right now.

Hit "enter". It works if you respawn spectating someone else. Dunno what to do if you fail to reconnect after respawn (hitting Battle Button does nothing)

In Battle bug is "being worked on".

Haven't encountered the other two issues

How long is "being worked on" an ok excuse? forever? I bet they have zero developers working on bugs. I'm sure they have a white board with a list of bugs and if one of the two programmers they have get an idea something might get fixed. Otherwise there are zero resources dedicated to resolving game bugs. There is a guy at the top making 95% of the company's income for doing absolutely nothing and the rest are expendable slaves.

Edited by ArcKnight381, 04 July 2018 - 05:22 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

As far as I'm aware the In Battle bug hit the same time as 2.0.5. I certainly didn't experience it beforehand and its happened to me only once so far. I'm less upset with that than the frequent connectivity issues. Those drove me from the CBT and they're screwing with me and my wingman's ability to fight.

But yes, the constant bugs are an ongoing frustration, especially when they get in the way of playing effectively if at all.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 04 July 2018 - 05:31 AM.

sandtiger #6 Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20869 battles

View PostArcKnight381, on 03 July 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

So how many of us have had theses issues for the last few patches?

• On resown, still in spectator mode. I can hear my own guns shoot but the screen is showing someone different then myself.

• I close a chat window and the game crash's.

• A new game never starts and the plane is "in battle" for hours after force closing the game(no choice) and logging back in.

• (more recent) I upgrade equipment but the stat change is not reflected until I close and reload the game.

• The circle indicating where my mouse pointer is is stuck in the side of the window and dose not follow my mouse movements.

Ill add more as I remember them, there are more.

Why don't they fix these things? Why are such basic things broken in a live game? My computer hardware is current, and software is up to date.  I have 124 hours played and because of these Sad no excuse bugs I have refused to give this company a single cent of my money, never have, and never will.

i have had the one where i come back and it is some else plane on my screen i had it where it stayed that way  on till the other person died 

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4924 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postsandtinger, on 04 July 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

i have had the one where i come back and it is some else plane on my screen i had it where it stayed that way  on till the other person died 

Hit Enter. That will get you back to your plane

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• 24168 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Well the patch this morning promises (giggle, snort, snuffle) to fix all the bugs introduced with the last patch.  Joy!  Wait....................noooooooooooooooo
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Cardinal604 #9 Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6592 battles

As per Captain_Underpants "Actually I think that closing the chat window to exit the game is a nifty 'feature' since hitting esc and then exit game usually puts me in limbo until I log out of my computer. "

I have this same issue...

The_Wild_Weasel #10 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1929 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Why don't they fix these things? Why are such basic things broken in a live game?  

^ Comrade , check the premium store (in my best Soviet accent), buy more stuff...... muhahah 

W_W

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

Captain

• 24168 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I actually think this 4th of July patch fixed some stuff.  And my hangar loads faster.  I have flown over a dozen battles this AM with nary a sign of a bug and have exited and re entered the game three times.  WTH!  WG just when I thought I knew ye!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 845 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 July 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I actually think this 4th of July patch fixed some stuff.  And my hangar loads faster.  I have flown over a dozen battles this AM with nary a sign of a bug and have exited and re entered the game three times.  WTH!  WG just when I thought I knew ye!

Bugs fixed, but 2.0.5 as implemented still....well, fill in the blank.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Martymart1976 #13 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5570 battles
  • [FK] FK
The bugs won't bother you if you don't play the game, just saying..

Catch21 #14 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4432 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 July 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

I actually think this 4th of July patch fixed some stuff. 

The Ruble-$ exchange rate? Any notes anywhere?

Prenzlau #15 Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11414 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostArcKnight381, on 03 July 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

How long is "being worked on" an ok excuse? forever? I bet they have zero developers working on bugs. I'm sure they have a white board with a list of bugs and if one of the two programmers they have get an idea something might get fixed. Otherwise there are zero resources dedicated to resolving game bugs. There is a guy at the top making 95% of the company's income for doing absolutely nothing and the rest are expendable slaves.

The title of this post should have been "I'm just going to talk out of my *ss and get others to do the same".

If there are technical issues and bugs to report, then why don't you just report them or post in the "Bugs/Errors Thread". Instead we get a lot of critical assumptions and bluster filled hand waving. Like I have said many times, I could take a few dozen posts in this forum and just cut out the names of who creates them, put the names all in a hat, and closing my eyes, pull each name out and attach it to the posts at random and those reading them won't know the difference because they are all the same. Ok so you listed some issues, great, but then you start going off the road with crazy assumptions and things you have no idea about. 

I'd rather talk about all the verbal abuse you dish out during battles, regardless of whether your winning or losing, it all starts about half way through. If your winning, you taunt and degrade the players on the other team. If you are losing, your verbally abusive and then you blend your excuses as to why you are not winning with verbal cut downs of other players. 

If we are to have an honest discussion about things that make the game unpleasant, we have to include in game player behavior as well.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 05 July 2018 - 06:27 PM.

SonicPariah #16 Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 July 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Glad to see it helped out!

trikke #17 Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

Captain

• 3633 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 July 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

Hit Enter. That will get you back to your plane

i couldn't believe that would actually work... but it certainly does!    ty, man!

(how could hitting Enter fix a bug...  what does Enter normally do when you're in a battle?)

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

mnbv_fockewulfe #18 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Captain

• 616 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 05 July 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

i couldn't believe that would actually work... but it certainly does!    ty, man!

(how could hitting Enter fix a bug...  what does Enter normally do when you're in a battle?)

WGing programming stronk.:popcorn:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users