Gnome time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gullygnome #1 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:18 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 949 battles

Just wanted to drop in here like a Beaufighter on full throttle and say a quick hello to everyone. :)

I've been flying WoW planes again these last couples of weeks, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Super nice crowd in the clouds so far -- even the ones I can't shoot down! ;)

Anyone here play Jane's World War 2 Fighters online back in the dark ages of '98/99 by the way?

Gnome out. o7

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1638 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Welcome, 

yeah Id have fun too, if it was not for the fact we have to grind out slots for planes we already had fully outfitted...oh and dont get me started on how we are getting the shaft on Premium planes. 

"nice crowd" ...lol considering we have no idea how many "REAL" humans actually play the games, and remember the bots here make idle chatter..... maybe this is what you are seeing.

Enjoy!

W_W

Edited by The_Wild_Weasel, 03 July 2018 - 04:22 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1869 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGullygnome, on 03 July 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Just wanted to drop in here like a Beaufighter on full throttle and say a quick hello to everyone. :)

I've been flying WoW planes again these last couples of weeks, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Super nice crowd in the clouds so far -- even the ones I can't shoot down! ;)

Anyone here play Jane's World War 2 Fighters online back in the dark ages of '98/99 by the way?

Gnome out. o7

Hi Gnome! Haven't had the pleasure of seeing you in battle but welcome to the forums as they are. I never played Janes - my WW2 flight simming was limited mostly to Dynamix's Aces over Europe with a sprinkling of IL-2. :honoring:

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Gullygnome #4 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 949 battles

I'll admit I laughed at a Cylon joke before, but the AI pilots don't bother me too much. I like finding the real players in the fur ball and shooting them down.

Kind of like an ace of aces fight over the trenches. :)

Would I prefer all human flights? For sure, and I can reliably find tons of humans to fight in the lower tiers in the evening. 

I get that people are upset about the changes, but those changes brought me back and have fun with the game again.

Hey, SpiritFox! IL-2 was killer in the early 2000s! It was intimidatingly good and deep. People were nuts for flight sims then. :(

I remember the F16 Falcon manual being a solid card board binder... good, old times. And I'm only 41. Haha. :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users