New Game Mode Suggestion

game mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

nwlxn12 #1 Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

I have a game mode that I would like to suggest.  It has some aspects of pre 2.0 along with some 2.0 aspects.  I call it:

Front Line

How it works.

1.        Maps are divided in half with ground targets spread throughout each half.

2.       Destroyed ground targets respawn just as they do in the current game.

3.       Half of the map is red, and half the map is blue with the front line separating the two.

4.       Spawn point for each team is at the back of their zone and indicated by an airfield that can repair planes just like it does now.

5.       Each enemy plane your team shoots down or ground target that gets destroyed moves the front line further into the enemy territory tuning more of the map blue.

6.       Ground targets that change color due to the front line passing over them, change loyalty, just like they do now.

7.       I don’t like respawns, but go ahead and keep them.  Players respawn at the airfield.

8.       No air defense bots unless you just want to put them at the airfield and only at the airfield, no bomber squadrons, and no missiles in this mode.

9.       You can keep the squall line but please, please name it something that is better.

10.   Game can be won three ways, just like the current game.

A.       Superiority win is if one team can push the front line all the way to the back of the enemy’s zone, turning their airfield blue.

B.      After the “something better than squall line hits” if one team kills all the enemy planes, that team wins.

C.      After the match times out, whichever team advanced the front line into the enemies side, that team wins.  If the front line ended exactly where it started, then that is a draw.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13586 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
This sounds like a much better idea for an Event than what they have been coming up with.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:41 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 3130 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
they have tossed something of this nature in the  idea closet before ( and it stayed there) even in some of the may design contest. but here is HOPING your detailed plan will get a GREAT response----you know like THEY DO IT!:great:

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 30 June 2018 - 01:41 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:36 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
I like it. Inspiration from wot's new front line mode? Would be interesting to see something similar for wowp for sure. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #5 Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
sounds good!...but I would not like to see this or another new game mode with 80% bots per team...

xXx_BulletMagnet_xXx #6 Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1294 battles
Uninstalling like I am,no more disappointments!

hamhockjones #7 Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9676 battles
They could change a little at a time. One thing is the rockets being lobbed from a sector and those rockets turn the sector by themselves. There should at least be a target that can be destroyed to stop rocket fire. Cant make the bots go there. Rockets flipping sectors without any enemy intervention is a bad thing. If a human pilot goes alone , he cant stop the shelling. So put a rocket target to eliminate instead of having to flip entire sector. I have lost many games simply from unmanned rocket attacks. just a suggestion that would be good for everyone, thanks  ham

jack_wdw #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1087 battles
IMO they better drop the whole rocket attack thing altogether.
Or at least in the first 6 tiers, it just doesn't fit in there.

I concur with your point that destroying one or more key elements of a sector (especially rocketbase), should at least reduce  its impact on the game.

Also tagged with game mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users