Yet another Bug

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Buncey #1 Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 2104 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Serious Wargaming, put some [edited]effort into this game, sack who ever is Managing Quality Control, and sack who ever is Managing Testing.

For 2 days now I get a Black Screen when trying to enter battle, every second battle. ie I complete one battle, go back to garage, click battle for another battle and get a Black Screen. I have to Alt Tab out of battle, close the game manually and restart. However, until what ever battle queue that plane was put into is finished all I have is a black screen. 

So I have to log out, and wait 10 min before logging in again.

Then do one battle and it's fine, click battle for another battle, and get Black Screen again.

I've done 6 battles in 2 days, I'm not going to restart the game after every battle.

Since the last patch, the quality of this game has got worse than it's already record low level.

Either give existing departments the staff they need to fix these consistent, unending bugs OR if they have the Staff, sack the Department Heads as clearly they aren't doing their jobs if they have the staff.

Yours in Pissed Off Anger

Edited by Buncey, 29 June 2018 - 12:19 PM.

poisonousblood #2 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostBuncey, on 29 June 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Serious Wargaming, put some [edited]effort into this game, sack who ever is Managing Quality Control, and sack who ever is Managing Testing.

For 2 days now I get a Black Screen when trying to enter battle, every second battle. ie I complete one battle, go back to garage, click battle for another battle and get a Black Screen. I have to Alt Tab out of battle, close the game manually and restart. However, until what ever battle queue that plane was put into is finished all I have is a black screen. 

So I have to log out, and wait 10 min before logging in again.

Then do one battle and it's fine, click battle for another battle, and get Black Screen again.

I've done 6 battles in 2 days, I'm not going to restart the game after every battle.

Since the last patch, the quality of this game has got worse than it's already record low level.

Either give existing departments the staff they need to fix these consistent, unending bugs OR if they have the Staff, sack the Department Heads as clearly they aren't doing their jobs if they have the staff.

Yours in Pissed Off Anger

they know how much we love this game, they took us for granted, sadly.. :unsure:

SlappedbyRommel #3 Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1190 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Sorry I just can't help it ------- Did you clear the cache?

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 739 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

What are the temps on your GPU? Have you cleaned inside you case/GPU card recently? What you are describing could be caused by your graphics card overheating, especially if you have to wait 10 minutes to restart the game.

I recently had the same issue, although I didn't have to wait 10 minutes to log back into the game. Turned out the problem was a build up of dust inside my GPU, even though I regularly blow out my case I had missed blowing air inside the openings on the side of my graphics card allowing dust to build up and cause heat problems. (power off before blowing canned air inside you PC case, you can get condensation forming from the compressed air and fry your PC)

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Dr_Wigglespank #5 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 706 battles

I don't think it's an issue with hardware, as many of us are having the same problem. I've seen a couple of streamers encounter it, as well.

I get the black screen after sitting in a long queue and finally getting a match. The match starts to load, then the screen goes black. I can alt-tab to desktop, or alt-f4 the game and there are no problems with anything else.

If I try to restart the game, it loads directly into the same black screen. If I wait long enough, the Warplanes loading screen pops up, but it just loads & loads and the hangar never appears. I have to restart again to get into the hangar.

For me, this has only happened in low tier games. I recently started an account on EU (have to play 10 games to use the forum) and the problem popped up several times while playing tier 1. On NA, it's happened while trying to play my tier 2 planes. Perhaps it's a single map that's causing the problems.

SonicPariah #6 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 363 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
Definitely one of the issues that we are looking into currently. We will do our best to keep everyone apprised of the situation!

Dr_Wigglespank #7 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• 706 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 29 June 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

Definitely one of the issues that we are looking into currently. We will do our best to keep everyone apprised of the situation!

Sounds good.

After reading another thread on this subject, I ran Check & Repair and it did download a few files (don't know how to find which files, though). I'll run a few low tier games on my EU account and see if it happens again.

Buncey #8 Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 2104 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View Posthawkeyededic, on 29 June 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

What are the temps on your GPU? Have you cleaned inside you case/GPU card recently? What you are describing could be caused by your graphics card overheating, especially if you have to wait 10 minutes to restart the game. 

That is something I thought of Hawkeydedic, but they are fine. I can Play WoT and WoWS for example, also I can log into my Blizzard Games without any problem - World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, StarCraft II. Or any of my many games on Steam, been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance usually when this game gives me Black Screen. I also have a couple of programs I can run to check temps for main processor, graphics card & RAM, and all of those are quite cool.

View PostDr_Wigglespank, on 29 June 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

I don't think it's an issue with hardware, as many of us are having the same problem. I've seen a couple of streamers encounter it, as well.

I get the black screen after sitting in a long queue and finally getting a match. The match starts to load, then the screen goes black. I can alt-tab to desktop, or alt-f4 the game and there are no problems with anything else.

If I try to restart the game, it loads directly into the same black screen. If I wait long enough, the Warplanes loading screen pops up, but it just loads & loads and the hangar never appears. I have to restart again to get into the hangar.

For me, this has only happened in low tier games. I recently started an account on EU (have to play 10 games to use the forum) and the problem popped up several times while playing tier 1. On NA, it's happened while trying to play my tier 2 planes. Perhaps it's a single map that's causing the problems.

It's interesting you say lower tiers, it's happened to me most commonly in Tier 2 where I've been grinding pilot XP in the German Heinkel HE 51.

This might be something worth passing on SonicPariah

I've just done a 'Check and Repair' and everything is fine there. I think Dr_Wigglespank might be onto something with the low tier stuff.

Buncey #9 Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 2104 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostSonicPariah, on 29 June 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

So did some testing last night.

If I alternate between Tier 2 and a higher tier, I have no problems. I was swapping between Tier 2 and Tier 5+ Planes and had a decent session last night. Yet the moment I did two Tier 2 battles in a row I got Black Screen again.

Pass that on too the people doing the 'Looking' if you could please SonicPariah.

on_jonr #10 Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

Airman Basic

• 3610 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostBuncey, on 01 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

So did some testing last night.

If I alternate between Tier 2 and a higher tier, I have no problems. I was swapping between Tier 2 and Tier 5+ Planes and had a decent session last night. Yet the moment I did two Tier 2 battles in a row I got Black Screen again.

Pass that on too the people doing the 'Looking' if you could please SonicPariah.

Buncey, From what I have seen you are too good to be playing two tier 2 battles in a row. This is the games way of punishing you  :honoring:

Buncey #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 2104 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View Poston_jonr, on 02 July 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Buncey, From what I have seen you are too good to be playing two tier 2 battles in a row. This is the games way of punishing you  :honoring:

haha, I guess I should say thanks :P

That said, I had started the Focke Wulf line of Fighers. I didn't want to waste a heap of free XP just skip a few tiers, I don't normally play tiers that low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users