15 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
YOU'VE BEEN INVITED TO JOIN A SERVER

World of Warplanes - WGATX
38 Online61 Members

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

FlakValleyExpress #2 Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

Captain

• 31 battles
It looks like they closed the unofficial one that Priolia created and made a new one that is official WG.I guess she is too busy creating new content to manage the discord. :teethhappy:  or Regime change? :amazed:

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 29 June 2018 - 11:56 AM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 29 June 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

It looks like they closed the unofficial one that Priolia created and made a new one that is official WG.I guess she is too busy creating new content to manage the discord. :teethhappy:  or Regime change? :amazed:

Wow, looks like. 

It was her private effort. So since it isn't needed anymore, i guess it makes sense?:unsure:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SonicPariah #4 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
Welcome to the way things were intended to be!

Dr_Wigglespank #5 Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• 717 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 29 June 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

edit: Answered my own question

Edited by Dr_Wigglespank, 30 June 2018 - 07:34 AM.

Perrigrino #6 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3042 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSonicPariah, on 29 June 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

I think it was last November, but anyway, it was with the advent of the new and improved V 2.0 that Priolia and other WG Staff said they would be spending more time in the Forums. Seems what is said and what is intended are very different. I was under the impression that these very Forums were designed to be the venue for discussion not just for Players, but also for WG Staff- particularly Dev Team. The FEEDBACK button in the Launcher takes one here, not to DISCORD. Kinda ironic, that the Devs have set up their own separate line of communication and are very selective about "who" is invited.

SonicPariah #7 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostPerrigrino, on 03 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

I think it was last November, but anyway, it was with the advent of the new and improved V 2.0 that Priolia and other WG Staff said they would be spending more time in the Forums. Seems what is said and what is intended are very different. I was under the impression that these very Forums were designed to be the venue for discussion not just for Players, but also for WG Staff- particularly Dev Team. The FEEDBACK button in the Launcher takes one here, not to DISCORD. Kinda ironic, that the Devs have set up their own separate line of communication and are very selective about "who" is invited.

I split my time 60% here and 40% on Discord, so will be available and active in both areas.

All feedback is important and I am here to help in any way I can!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:55 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPerrigrino, on 03 July 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

yeah, I don't put too much into words around here anymore

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Priolia #9 Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

WoWP Projects Coordinator

• Developer
  • Manager
  • 33 battles

Greetings! To clear some ideas here about Dev team being present on forums.

Fosums are administrated by special department which is Community Management. The main goal of the department - as strange as it may sound - is to be busy with community management. 

Development team should be busy with developing the game. Community departmens are busy communicating with players and if they have questions - the address to development team.

Most of the people in Development team won't be ablt to do communication on forums. For many reasons such as time, lack of special community management communication skills  etc as communication is an art and not everyone can do this. Iэму learned that a lot when I started 5 years ago to write on forums. this can be quite discouraing, overwealming and stressfull) 

As for me - you know that I had some personnal initiatives on communicating, which not always go well  as I am no Community manager :) 

Discord is a great place for me personally to have all 3 realms of players all toghether and a quick way for communication and I personally can find couple of minutes to jump in and communicate, though to do it on forum it usually takes more time and effort for me, and does not allow me to get really quick feedback or opinions if I want them.

So Discord is great for chatting, and forum is great for collecting large amounts of feedback submitted in one topic - easy to manage and to go on with digests and stuff. 

So my idea here is forum is 100% CM territory and your CM has all access to dev team and can ask things and bring them back to you.

And Discord is fast and nice tool to jump in for me or anyone of the dev team who would be ready to   - for chatting and quick QnA.

The_Wild_Weasel #10 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1781 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Why no "test server" to introduce changes and get feed back?

W_W

SlappedbyRommel #11 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Nice but this should have been done before this patch I for one have lost total faith or trust in WG and will no longer spend a dime on this [edited]. Its amazing how much free time I have now. You are trying but others are not listening and now the game is paying the cost good luck in the future.

pigeon_kicker #12 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1414 battles
  • [SF] SF

Being here during beta was no joy, some of the changes hurt, and there has been a lot of population changes from when I started flying WoWp.

But I think that one thing stands out, Wargaming, developers like Priolia, and a large group of steadfast Clans and players saved WoWp from the heap.

I personally have seen some bad changes that had drastic changes to the population.  But the game is STILL being built.

Sometimes gamers don't like change, and sometimes neither do the developers/owners of a company, but it is a fact in history that if you don't continue to develop a game it will die.

I for one enjoy the changes, I have seen server issues far worse than the current ones, it will get better.

[edited]about it does not help, at all.  Help them out by sending your crash file to them, that is a way to help.

My two cents....

PK

EDIT - Thanks for the Discord Server BTW.  Good move.

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 04 July 2018 - 08:46 PM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

Deltavee #13 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 860 battles

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 04 July 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Why no "test server" to introduce changes and get feed back?

W_W

A very good idea that should have been implemented before the present Charlie Foxtrot.  It is not too late to do it.

Deltavee

GAA drivers do it in the dirt.

The_Wild_Weasel #14 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1781 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 04 July 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

but it is a fact in history that if you don't continue to develop a game it will die.

I for one enjoy the changes, I have seen server issues far worse than the current ones, it will get better.

[edited]about it does not help, at all.  Help them out by sending your crash file to them, that is a way to help.

^ lol , "hello" ....this game is like on life support bro,

Im not spending period, time or $$$ on a title that has no test server, or

asks for feed back after they push the changes and SURPRISE!!! ......premium shop has all the new toys for sale ....coincidence?

Basically they are "wringing" every last cent they can ....... drink more kool aid.  oh and why are more players not complaining about the premium shaft we are getting.....?

Any how ...deaf ears....Ill send them crash files.....Im certain that will fix everything....

W_W

Edited by The_Wild_Weasel, 04 July 2018 - 09:50 PM.

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:09 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Oh hey priolia! Nice of you to stop by again! Great job on the twitch video btw. Really explained well with what to expect with 2.0.5 :great:

I'm curious. What kind of questions can we "exactly" ask in discord? Gameplay related? Development? Bugs? More Bugs? Bugs Bugs galore? 2.0.5 questions? 2.0.5 balance fix questions? 2.0.5 optimization questions? (Why is the hangar loading slower than 2.0.4...)

Idk without some ground rules I feel like this is open to interpretation. Also wondering how our feedback is progressing here in NA and how much of it is actually being read and considered. Would be nice to know! But thank you again for stopping by! :great:

I guess we'll see you in the next 3 months.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SpiritFoxMY #16 Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Will it be bad form for me to play the game while logged onto discord so I can provide a steady stream of salt to the conversation? :trollface:

I'll swing by to see what's up I guess. Just chipping in that I really hope 2.0.5 succeeds.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users