Jump to content


Material Bottlenecks

parts salvage material

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9914 battles
  • 146
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
What is your salvage parts bottleneck?  Mine, for the bombers, is mechanical parts.  I figure that probably different plane classes have different shortages.  Another way to encourage flying different classes and not specializing like I do.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:51 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles
  • 8,127
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I'm swimming in airframe elements from playing lots of fighters...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 933 battles
  • 2,944
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Also on a shortage of mechanical parts and flying mostly fighters and MRFs. Was thinking of suggesting they add an option to trade materials for a cost... but then you know WG. They'll just turn that into some form of profit and use Gold currency as an in between for that little "service"...

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist


Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9914 battles
  • 146
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
My theory was wrong since I only fly bombers and am also blessed with bunches of air frame parts and a scarcity of mechanical parts. I thought for sure it would be different for different classes of planes.

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 933 battles
  • 2,944
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 24 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

My theory was wrong since I only fly bombers and am also blessed with bunches of air frame parts and a scarcity of mechanical parts. I thought for sure it would be different for different classes of planes.

 

I think it's more related to the choice of equipment and the materials required with the enhance/calibration.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist


CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1230 battles
  • 1,072
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 June 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

 

I think it's more related to the choice of equipment and the materials required with the enhance/calibration.

 

^^^This.  I have a bunch of mechanical parts.  But I have few airframe parts.  I have one bomber in my hangar.  ;)

NorthernPorter #7 Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1387 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 June 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

 

^^^This.  I have a bunch of mechanical parts.  But I have few airframe parts.  I have one bomber in my hangar.  ;)

 

So what equipment are you flying with mostly to  score more mech? because I've been playing in mostly fighters and bombers, but still seem to be hurting on Mech parts most of the time.

 

Fighters typically fitted with light weight wings and engine parts, and gun sights.

Bomber fitted with bomb sights, gun laying, and engine resilance parts


Edited by NorthernPorter, 25 June 2018 - 07:05 PM.


CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1230 battles
  • 1,072
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNorthernPorter, on 25 June 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

 

So what equipment are you flying with mostly to  score more mech? because I've been playing in mostly fighters and bombers, but still seem to be hurting on Mech parts most of the time.

 

Fighters typically fitted with light weight wings and engine parts, and gun sights.

Bomber fitted with bomb sights, gun laying, and engine resilance parts

 

LF and MR, with some HF thrown in for good measure.

ARCNA442 #9 Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1088 battles
  • 75
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016
For me it's flight instruments, they're needed for everything and I've only been getting them in very small numbers.

Reitousair #10 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5577 battles
  • 326
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
Material bottlenecks are down to your equipment setups. Mine are both mechanical parts and heat-resistant parts. The former because nearly everything I have requires tons to enhance, and the latter due to its relative rarity along with a medium-high demand for them on the equipment I use.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


SpiritFoxMY #11 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1924 battles
  • 1,436
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
I'm mostly stuck over heat-resistant parts and flight instruments, but its the instruments that bug me the most. The engine boost upgrade requires a metric [edited]-ton of them, they're fairly rare and only drop in small numbers

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


pyantoryng #12 Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:09 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles
  • 8,127
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 June 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm mostly stuck over heat-resistant parts and flight instruments, but its the instruments that bug me the most. The engine boost upgrade requires a metric [edited]-ton of them, they're fairly rare and only drop in small numbers

 

Flight instruments seem to be needed all around in later uogrades, as much as mechanical parts.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.





Also tagged with parts, salvage, material

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users