Camera View

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SlappedbyRommel #1 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Have sent ticket in to figure out to get out of free camera mode. While in combat turning the mouse doesn't turn the plane but it gives a free view hard to be in combat.

The default is set to RMB but now it is permanent can not get rid of this view.

Uninstalled twice reloaded game

Reversed windows update

Checked all functions of keys on keyboard

Tried a new mouse

Anyone know if there are hidden files that need to be deleted?

What controls the camera view in the code?

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 23 June 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Have sent ticket in to figure out to get out of free camera mode. While in combat turning the mouse doesn't turn the plane but it gives a free view hard to be in combat.

The default is set to RMB but now it is permanent can not get rid of this view.

Uninstalled twice reloaded game

Reversed windows update

Checked all functions of keys on keyboard

Tried a new mouse

Anyone know if there are hidden files that need to be deleted?

What controls the camera view in the code?

This sounds really odd. Try changing control input to joystick (even if you don't have one) and then try changing back.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SlappedbyRommel #3 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Did swicth to joystick camera view went away but mouse is more reactive for the game.

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
:great:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

DrSinister #5 Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Sounds like maybe your keybinds for mouse might have gotten corrupted and normally when you do a full uninstall that info is left behind.

Go to this location: 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes\input_mapping
(if you do not see the AppData you need "Show hidden folders" in the File Explorer Options.
Once there locate the files mouse_directional.xml, mouse_directional_mouse1.xml, mouse_directional_mouse3.xml and mouse_directional_mouse5.xml

Add bak before .xml to rename them (do not delete because we are just making sure if these are corrupted or not.

Launch the game it should repopulate that location with the default keybind files.

Also remember this will wipe your keybinds.  So if you have made any changes you will need to reapply those changes in game when they get reset.

SlappedbyRommel #6 Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostDrSinister, on 24 June 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Sounds like maybe your keybinds for mouse might have gotten corrupted and normally when you do a full uninstall that info is left behind.

Go to this location: 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes\input_mapping
(if you do not see the AppData you need "Show hidden folders" in the File Explorer Options.
Once there locate the files mouse_directional.xml, mouse_directional_mouse1.xml, mouse_directional_mouse3.xml and mouse_directional_mouse5.xml

Add bak before .xml to rename them (do not delete because we are just making sure if these are corrupted or not.

Launch the game it should repopulate that location with the default keybind files.

Also remember this will wipe your keybinds.  So if you have made any changes you will need to reapply those changes in game when they get reset.

Thanks for the info I tried what you suggested but still no change but I then uninstalled once again and found that the hidden files did not get removed. I then manually removed the files you pointed me to and am in the process of reloading this game why I don't know.....lol will let you know how this works out.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if I owned WoWP I'd have given the good Dr. a 5k/mo stipend of gold since 2012...

jus' sayin... dude is a WG Crown Jewel

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

DrSinister #8 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:16 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 24 June 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thanks for the info I tried what you suggested but still no change but I then uninstalled once again and found that the hidden files did not get removed. I then manually removed the files you pointed me to and am in the process of reloading this game why I don't know.....lol will let you know how this works out.

Best of luck then.  I am sorry that did not help out.  I am curious on what is causing it then, because as you said you go to JS control scheme and the issue goes away.

SlappedbyRommel #9 Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Yes the JS is very stable but using the mouse I can spin the view 360 degrees no matter how I try to bind any of the keys to the free view. Trying to adapt it in my play but am getting there makes for a quick view in all directions but still can be irritating.

SonicPariah #10 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 25 June 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yes the JS is very stable but using the mouse I can spin the view 360 degrees no matter how I try to bind any of the keys to the free view. Trying to adapt it in my play but am getting there makes for a quick view in all directions but still can be irritating.

As the good Dr. suggested, I would try to strip ALL controls out manually then re-assign them. Let me know if that helps at all.

SlappedbyRommel #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1841 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSonicPariah, on 25 June 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

As the good Dr. suggested, I would try to strip ALL controls out manually then re-assign them. Let me know if that helps at all.

I did the unbinding and reset all but no changes.

Just an update and it is not good - I have another gaming system that I pulled out of storage - all new gear mouse, keyboard, joystick. The system updated the game since an old build was on it this system never had a problem with using the mouse. I did not allow any Windows 10 updates to be done either so it had the older version on the system.

Now everything was updated and ready to go but guess what same issue the free camera mode was in full play without pressing the right mouse button.

So damn frustrating since the mouse has better control I find.

I have run out of ideas something in the software must be broken????

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users