Defense Fighters and the Capture Circle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

yangmang617 #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1578 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

I really hate it when the defense fighters fly out the capture circle - is there a way to prevent that, or have them count capture points for a particular cap no matter where they are?

To be sure it makes capture more challenging... however It just seems like a contrived challenge that gets put on a team literally out of nowhere because of RNG

pyantoryng #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles
Defense planes count for the cap point they are protecting whether they are in or out of the circle already.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Defense planes count for the cap point they are protecting whether they are in or out of the circle already.

They don't as far as I'm aware. I'm actually not sure who needs to be in the circle for the kill to count, the ADA, the player or both. I do know if both are outside then it will not count at all. Also, if the ADA happens to get shot down over another sector it WILL count for that other sector, not the one it was assigned to (which has caused a few problems in Alpine Gambit, where sometimes ADAs from the central sector are chased into a neighbouring Mining Facility).

The most common culprits are the Heavy ADAs, since their BnZ AI tells them to keep flying straight when being chased, though the Light ADAs can also be locked into their "roll-dodge" maneuver and keep flying straight. However, once the ADA is outside of their sector it will not actively engage in combat and will give priority to going back in. Well, as much priority as it can while it's being shot at :unsure:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

nwlxn12 #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 June 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Agree.  Soloing a sector and killing a defense craft outside the circle pushes the cap in your teams favor.

Reitousair #5 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5577 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Killing ADA will grant you 40 capture points to whatever point they were a part of, no matter what.

I had a time where I had to chase a Hornet ADA quite literally across the entire map because I was in a fighter and couldn't destroy ground targets, I destroyed it in a garrison on the western side of the map, and saw the eastern comms flip from the 40 capture points I just earned. I have also chased HF ADA outside of the cap, with me flying outside it as well, and still earning the 40 capture points from killing it. The CP reward is tied to whatever capture point they're from, and killing them will award your team CP to the capture point they belong to, no matter the circumstance.

...On the other hand if they kill you then whatever point you died over awards the enemy CP, not what point the ADA belongs to. It's good fun to have bots pursue an HF ADA across the map, only for it to ram into me at a missile base and flip it for the enemy even though it belonged to an entirely different point.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

yangmang617 #6 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1578 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
I guess I will have to take everyone's word for it, but my experience has so far been the exact opposite in many many instances.... post hoc

LMG #7 Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postyangmang617, on 26 June 2018 - 01:19 AM, said:

I guess I will have to take everyone's word for it, but my experience has so far been the exact opposite in many many instances.... post hoc

Same here, not sure if anything's changed with 2.0.5.5 and I'm not willing to check atm

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users