Wowp finally shows it colors : Buy and Play

Pay & Play with the Best

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2831 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
So we Now know :ohmy: ..... "  Why they have chosen this Path of Game Play Direction " It comes down to Money. :sceptic:  Buy and Play.    Make  grinding so painful, :angry: that you can BUY your way out of it ......just pony up some Cash & the pain goes away.  Then you'll be able to.... " Hold your own against any of our Seasoned players " .:teethhappy:You can Now BUY your way up to their skilled levels with CASH.   Simply put.... " Just follow the Money " :coin:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 22 June 2018 - 12:56 PM.

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1638 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Or lack of $$$$ if players would just use common sense and close their wallets....I did ..... so many other games to play instead of this $$$ sink.

W_W

SlappedbyRommel #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1190 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Buck stops here I am thinking of uninstalling I am sure they keep records of that.

Krautjaeger #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 656 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

hahaha, I saw the offer and though yeah peeps are going to go spastic over that one. Seriously though guys, have you been living under a rock for the past few years? Never ever checked what's happening with the rest of the WG titles? Thought that would never catch up with WoWp? Of course it would, and it did. It's a business, the only reason the servers of any of WG's games are up is to make money. Casual gamers, sit-down-and-play at once if you're new, is the new trend and it's not even emerging anymore, it is set.

Absolutely nothing anyone can do about it unless you buy majority shares in Wargaming and start waving the rule-stick around, and good luck chipping in on that. :great:

cobra_marksman #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2831 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Quote :  Thought that would never catch up with WoWp? Of course it would, and it did. It's a business, the only reason the servers of any of WG's games are up is to make money. We have no problem with any business trying to make big profits to support their product. :great: But selling Out your seasoned players, and then using them as Bait in a battle with false win result.  ..... is definitely not consider a good business move or practice.   :facepalm: aka : Don't piss down my back, and then tell me it's raining.:sceptic:

Krautjaeger #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 656 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
I think they just did, pretend it's warm and comfy :) And remember one thing though, not a single person here matters more to the executives of Wargaming. A player is a player. Some times there is an illusion of seniority, in all games, but it is just that... an illusion. Game is always set to just bring in players, make a profit, if it don't then it will eventually be put to rest.

Wombatmetal #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 754 battles

Before we make a mountain of this, only the RB17 comes specialized, the rest just come with equipment. And I postulate that coming specialized is less egregious than when it came with 8 point crews.

This isn't a big deal

Krautjaeger #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 656 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostWombatmetal, on 22 June 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Before we make a mountain of this, only the RB17 comes specialized, the rest just come with equipment. And I postulate that coming specialized is less egregious than when it came with 8 point crews.

This isn't a big deal

^^ that

Bluegoose02 #9 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 2157 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
 You pay big bucks for that plane so why would they have you grind it?

MagusGerhardt #10 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBluegoose02, on 22 June 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

You pay big bucks for that plane so why would they have you grind it?

To charge you big bucks for the ability to avoid said grind.  

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Prenzlau #11 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4114 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

We all exist in a reality, (our world) that as you follow the path up the power chain, it becomes ever so exclusive and ever so apathetic. Most every power structure whether it be business or political is set up this way. This struggle, you could call it "power versus the people" , has been taking place on this planet for a very long time. There has been no remedy for greed, corruption (on many levels), apathy, and many other vices. The philosophical dilemma though is psychological prerogative. One groups "great victory" is another groups "atrocity", a "rebellion" is just an "insurrection". Labels and self justified actions. 

Why am I saying all this. Because your on a side, we are always on a side, and even when you don't realize it, your still on "a side" because someone else is putting your there, even if your not aware of it or unwilling. So there is a large portion of players in warplanes that generally feel the same way. They feel like Wargaming is not responsive to their feedback or requests, they feel like the game has been poorly planned, and poorly structured. They feel that they have wasted their time and money and gotten no respect or consideration in return. They feel a sense of betrayal. They feel like the people who own, develop and promote Wargaming are idiots. These people are in various levels of emotional pain and disappointment. The mood of these forums reflects this. 

Some people might think I don't personally feel the empathy or agree with a lot of the posts in the forums, as emotionally crude as some of them are written. I agree, morally and philosophically with a lot of the views that have been expressed. I believe the great morale flaw in the world is the apathetic nature of the power structure of this world. That said, I can understand many viewpoints and arguments and when the emotion is subtracted from the equation, it is amazing how logic will do you no favors. 

Reality 1 - It is Wargaming's game. They have complete sovereignty over it. They can do what they want, when they want. They are not obligated to accept feedback or care about their customers. Their motivations are oriented around profits. (As almost all businesses are, not unusual)

Reality 2 - The players pay to play warplanes. The players pay with their time and their money. New players keep signing up. Many players over the years have quit. A large portion, possibly the majority of players feel some disenfranchisement. Players still want to believe in an ideal version of the game. 

Reality 3 - Wargaming is going to continue of the same path. Nothing is likely going to change to satisfy small groups of players who quit and protest sporadically. Only a massive, well organized and disciplined player community who stage boycotts and playing black outs might have a small chance at getting some attention or dialogue, but realistically, this is a video game (not a manufacturing plant). It is very unlikely even if such a colossal effort by the players was organized with everything they needed to do (including great leadership), would achieve the results desired by the player base. Even if 50% or more of the current player population all quit at once, they would just modify and re-invent the game as they see fit, but not necessarily to the previous desires of the players. 

Reality 4 - Players have to come to a psychological and emotional understanding that like all things in history, nothing ever stays the same. Everything has it's place in time, even events and memories of your own lives. I wish I could be 21 again, but alas that period of time is but a memory. It is all in the attitude. To play the current version of warplanes, you have to have a certain attitude of acceptance. Why keep "banging your head against a wall"? Why suffer? It's play or not play? It's spend time and money or not? But a player has to make a decision for themselves and then have the proper attitude. Trying to individually protest is folly and there are better avenues in life to vent your emotional frustration without clogging up the forums. I'm saying this, not as an advocate of Wargaming, not at all, but for your own peace of mind and mental/emotional health. Either that or maybe there should be a permanent thread called "the yelling room" where players can just vent to their own satisfaction. 

There comes a point where you simply have to start being a little more pragmatic about reality and changes that happen. I say this because the drama unfolding in this game and on these forums is only a microcosm of the real world that we all exist in and navigate everyday. I sympathize with what a great many player's posts, I do, and even though it might sound counter intuitive, I'm trying to help other people and players. We accept things we have little or no control over on a daily basis, all the time. Before you go on a rant or vent, take a step back, think about things a bit longer. If you were to behave like a loose cannon in the real world, think of all the situations that would be totally unacceptable? 

You might despise me, misunderstand me, or become annoyed by what I say or how I say it, but I am only trying to help.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 22 June 2018 - 05:24 PM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Perco_lator #13 Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 22 June 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

snip

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Prenzlau #14 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4114 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPerco_lator, on 22 June 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

When your attention span is less than 10 seconds, reading anything more than a paragraph can be a great challenge. 

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

The_Wild_Weasel #15 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1638 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Just bought the F18 package ...on DCS ...lost $$ for WG.

It rocks

W_W

Deltavee #16 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• 472 battles

View PostPrenzlau, on 22 June 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

We all exist in a reality, (our world) that as you follow the path up the power chain, it becomes ever so exclusive and ever so apathetic. Most every power structure whether it be business or political is set up this way. This struggle, you could call it "power versus the people" , has been taking place on this planet for a very long time. There has been no remedy for greed, corruption (on many levels), apathy, and many other vices. The philosophical dilemma though is psychological prerogative. One groups "great victory" is another groups "atrocity", a "rebellion" is just an "insurrection". Labels and self justified actions. 

Why am I saying all this. Because your on a side, we are always on a side, and even when you don't realize it, your still on "a side" because someone else is putting your there, even if your not aware of it or unwilling. So there is a large portion of players in warplanes that generally feel the same way. They feel like Wargaming is not responsive to their feedback or requests, they feel like the game has been poorly planned, and poorly structured. They feel that they have wasted their time and money and gotten no respect or consideration in return. They feel a sense of betrayal. They feel like the people who own, develop and promote Wargaming are idiots. These people are in various levels of emotional pain and disappointment. The mood of these forums reflects this. 

Some people might think I don't personally feel the empathy or agree with a lot of the posts in the forums, as emotionally crude as some of them are written. I agree, morally and philosophically with a lot of the views that have been expressed. I believe the great morale flaw in the world is the apathetic nature of the power structure of this world. That said, I can understand many viewpoints and arguments and when the emotion is subtracted from the equation, it is amazing how logic will do you no favors. 

Reality 1 - It is Wargaming's game. They have complete sovereignty over it. They can do what they want, when they want. They are not obligated to accept feedback or care about their customers. Their motivations are oriented around profits. (As almost all businesses are, not unusual)

Reality 2 - The players pay to play warplanes. The players pay with their time and their money. New players keep signing up. Many players over the years have quit. A large portion, possibly the majority of players feel some disenfranchisement. Players still want to believe in an ideal version of the game. 

Reality 3 - Wargaming is going to continue of the same path. Nothing is likely going to change to satisfy small groups of players who quit and protest sporadically. Only a massive, well organized and disciplined player community who stage boycotts and playing black outs might have a small chance at getting some attention or dialogue, but realistically, this is a video game (not a manufacturing plant). It is very unlikely even if such a colossal effort by the players was organized with everything they needed to do (including great leadership), would achieve the results desired by the player base. Even if 50% or more of the current player population all quit at once, they would just modify and re-invent the game as they see fit, but not necessarily to the previous desires of the players. 

Reality 4 - Players have to come to a psychological and emotional understanding that like all things in history, nothing ever stays the same. Everything has it's place in time, even events and memories of your own lives. I wish I could be 21 again, but alas that period of time is but a memory. It is all in the attitude. To play the current version of warplanes, you have to have a certain attitude of acceptance. Why keep "banging your head against a wall"? Why suffer? It's play or not play? It's spend time and money or not? But a player has to make a decision for themselves and then have the proper attitude. Trying to individually protest is folly and there are better avenues in life to vent your emotional frustration without clogging up the forums. I'm saying this, not as an advocate of Wargaming, not at all, but for your own peace of mind and mental/emotional health. Either that or maybe there should be a permanent thread called "the yelling room" where players can just vent to their own satisfaction. 

There comes a point where you simply have to start being a little more pragmatic about reality and changes that happen. I say this because the drama unfolding in this game and on these forums is only a microcosm of the real world that we all exist in and navigate everyday. I sympathize with what a great many player's posts, I do, and even though it might sound counter intuitive, I'm trying to help other people and players. We accept things we have little or no control over on a daily basis, all the time. Before you go on a rant or vent, take a step back, think about things a bit longer. If you were to behave like a loose cannon in the real world, think of all the situations that would be totally unacceptable? 

You might despise me, misunderstand me, or become annoyed by what I say or how I say it, but I am only trying to help.

Prenzlau

WG and the players/customers are in a symbiotic relationship and in that relationship there will be differences.  It's an evolutionary thing.  Such differences should, indeed must, be aired.  Life is designed is such a way that we grow from contrast and strife.  To simply accept the status quo is to stop growing.  We exist to learn, something that cannot be done if one simply rolls over in the face of opposition or wrongdoing.  If one stops moving (learning), one dies.  It is not in our nature to not test boundaries and as we age and mature, we learn to pick our fights.  There will always be those that are in the process of learning that through experience.  Perceived unfairness will always be confronted,  The alternative is death by ennui.

Deltavee

Deltavee

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users