Patch 2.0.5 - A Modest Proposal

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

An_Average_Jho #21 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:54 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

Posting my support, though I can't say I've played enough of the new patch to add any overly constructive criticism. 

One of the things I did notice though is that the replays are complete crap now. The tracers go nowhere close to where the nose is pointed, planes take damage even if shells don't appear to go near them. The replays are basically unwatchable simply because the tracers are really screwed.

Here is an replay from June 2017 (patch 1.9.10): https://www.youtube....h?v=sHtkoZYSVLs

And here is a replay from patch 2.0.5: https://www.youtube....h?v=_ZCRQiSx74s

The replays from last year aren't perfect, but at least the tracers are firing through the cannons correctly and appear be fired towards the enemy.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by An_Average_Jho, 20 June 2018 - 03:54 AM.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

MagusGerhardt #22 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 504 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 19 June 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Posting my support, though I can't say I've played enough of the new patch to add any overly constructive criticism. 

One of the things I did notice though is that the replays are complete crap now. The tracers go nowhere close to where the nose is pointed, planes take damage even if shells don't appear to go near them. The replays are basically unwatchable simply because the tracers are really screwed.

Here is an replay from June 2017 (patch 1.9.10): https://www.youtube....h?v=sHtkoZYSVLs

And here is a replay from patch 2.0.5: https://www.youtube....h?v=_ZCRQiSx74s

The replays from last year aren't perfect, but at least the tracers are firing through the cannons correctly and appear be fired towards the enemy.

Edited for spelling.

Glad to see you still about and checking in here from time to time, Jho!  :honoring:

And yeah...I hadn't commented yet on the Replays coming back (despite it being something very useful to my video production) because of the inexplicable state they are in now compared to how they were when WG disabled them.

Heck, even the bootleg mod we had early on in the interim soon after 2.0 dropped performed better than this.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

An_Average_Jho #23 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:16 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 19 June 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Glad to see you still about and checking in here from time to time, Jho!  :honoring:

And yeah...I hadn't commented yet on the Replays coming back (despite it being something very useful to my video production) because of the inexplicable state they are in now compared to how they were when WG disabled them.

Heck, even the bootleg mod we had early on in the interim soon after 2.0 dropped performed better than this.

I just got really lucky in seeing your post. I don't think I checked the forums since I made my review of update 2.0.0 (which, for some reason, can't be found anymore unless you have a direct link to it). 

I think my main point still stands in that the devs are trying to make WoWp more accessible to new players at the detriment of anyone that has been playing for a while. The MMORPG element from the equipment feels just like a kick in the nuts to most players. Dogfights aren't about making your numbers bigger than your opponents, they are about skill, tatics and strategy. 

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

ArrowZ_ #24 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1043 battles

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 20 June 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Dogfights aren't about making your numbers bigger than your opponents, they are about skill, tatics and strategy. 

Agreed.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

gerr22 #25 Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2587 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Magnus i agree with all but one winning should count for something however small that is the object after all 

MagusGerhardt #26 Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 504 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postgerr22, on 20 June 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

Magnus i agree with all but one winning should count for something however small that is the object after all 

A point that I grant; I said that salvage reward should be larger for winning than losing.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users