Why??!!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Xr901 #81 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6152 battles
:popcorn:and ingame chat is so civil 99% of the time... at least it's staying out here and not migrating in game with this patch.

mnbv_fockewulfe #82 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostXr901, on 18 June 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

:popcorn:and ingame chat is so civil 99% of the time... at least it's staying out here and not migrating in game with this patch.

Because people are migrating out of the game and onto the forum because the game is unplayable. :popcorn:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

legoboy0401 #83 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 June 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Because people are migrating out of the game and onto the forum because the game is unplayable. :popcorn:

You can say that again. This patch basically broke the game for the majority of players, both intentionally with this crappy new progression system and unintentionally with a wall of rampaging bugs as thick as old Attila the Hun's hordes.  

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 June 2018 - 10:46 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Furysghost #84 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles
So still no sense in coming back to play huh...too bad WG strikes again...sigh.:unsure:

SlappedbyRommel #85 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2067 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 June 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Yeah, that was definitely too bold and probably kind of a bit of a strawman argument. It is awfully suspicious, though, that he always seemed to talk down to me here, as if he and Zig were the only ones who had a "enlightened" view of seeing WG. It seemed quite like they were saying " suck it up kid, they are your parents, so don't criticize or disagree with them."

I kind of went off on a rabbit trail with that post, sorry.

Sorry need to jump in here I agree with you since for me its not about adapting its abut having funds go to crap that you spend on premo planes or use gold to convert free xp etc. Just sick of spending anything on this game and now needed to regrind crap just a bait and switch to me.

CorvusCorvax #86 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:34 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 June 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Why on earth do you like Patch 2.05?

You are daft.  And none too bright.  I can't type it any slower for you, and I don't have crayons to draw it for you.  Maybe you should just uninstall, and be done with it?

CorvusCorvax #87 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:39 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 June 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

too bold and probably kind of a bit of a strawman argument. 

"a bit"

No, the whole stinking thing.  You can't actually have an adult discussion, so you shouldn't probably be trying.  Next time, when the grown-ups are talking, how about you just shut up and listen?  You might learn something valuable.

CorvusCorvax #88 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:43 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 18 June 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Sorry need to jump in here I agree with you since for me its not about adapting its abut having funds go to crap that you spend on premo planes or use gold to convert free xp etc. Just sick of spending anything on this game and now needed to regrind crap just a bait and switch to me.

There are multiple issues here.  The first is this particular patch.  It's not great, for multiple reasons.  But that's not the focus - the focus is that this kid is unwilling to adapt to the game as-written.  Trying to influence WG to write the game to your particular playing style has worked out well, for which group?  None of them.  So instead of trying to get WG to re-write the game to suit your vision, try and play within the parameters set down.

Or don't play.  Or play other kinds of aircraft.  Banging your spoon on the high chair is probably the least effective way to get what you want out of any game.

Prenzlau #89 Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 13589 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I find it most interesting through the dialectical method, that because a person has an opinion that is perceived as for or against something, then the opposite assumption must be true. In other words, for example, if I'm against Trump then I must have been a supporter for Hillary. So if I see the positive things in this patch, and I see the positive things in this game, and I enjoy playing this game, then..... the opposite assumption MUST be true. I must be an apologist for War Games. I must not be able to see any of the negative issues. I must not be able to understand those who have a grievance. So if I am for the game, I am against those who are not for the game. Simple, but fatally flawed. 

Next, the assumption that the "majority" of players have a broken, unplayable or flawed game. There is no way to tell, thousands of players play this game, but to assume the majority of them have the same problems is not something I would support. So if a person discusses their own problems, then that is one thing. Acting like some silent majority obviously "has your back", probably not true. 

Next, the patch and the changes came out three days ago. OK there are issues, some of which are severe, others are minor. BUT is anyone giving WG time to fix anything and react to feedback? The same old line, "But they did not do it before, or they did a crappy job before, etc". The assumption that WG does not care might be fundamentally flawed in that they cannot possibly address each person's individual issues, so they have to make "macro" changes to cover as many players as possible. The game has to evolve and go in some direction. I like the idea that planes are now custom and can be tinkered with and that since there are negative factors, players have to "learn" and "adapt" to flying their planes. Something which there is a lot of resistance to. I could write an essay on why that is. 

Next, one of the most irritating mind sets that I encounter too much is this idea that WG is doing things "to make money from those who play the game". REALLY? Do you honestly think that they want to you really play for free or spend very little? Nooooo. BUT I don't hold that against them. Pick any online game and it is the same way. The play for free part is to get to in the door and to get you involved. Then the compulsion to compete and be like your peers kicks in and before you know it, you have 60 planes and have spend your fair share of money. But once you have done that, I guess they no longer have the option and power to change THEIR GAME. Not yours. Just like when you rent, you don't own it, you just live there. What amazes me is the hundreds if not thousands of businesses you rely upon in your lives that have the same business plan, sell a product and make money. If the current product is something you no longer like or wish to have, do you rationally think having anyone agree with you makes any difference what so ever? If WG owes you something, I would love to hear that argument? I had a bad marriage for 11 years, do I expect my ex wife to give me those years back? An apologist I am not, a rationalist I certainly am. 

I play this game with a "wait and see" perspective and attitude. I image there are more players with the same outlook because players are still playing despite the many logged complaints. Enough positive and interesting things are happening to keep my interest. But I fully realize that this is not a perfect game, BUT it is my choice to stay and play. It is my choice to pay them money or not. I internalize it as my responsibility because it is my choice. There are way too many people who skip this fact and act like they had something taken from them, or some sort of victimization has occurred. This egocentric attitude is the problem. No one is forcing you to do anything. Just like a job you don't like, you can either quit or make the best of it, but stop torturing those around you. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 19 June 2018 - 12:53 AM.

ComradeZ #90 Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4045 battles

Basically all this is is a cash grab to pay for Eugene Kislyi and his 'friend' Vadim Burak's 10 million dollar love nest they had built in Saratoga CA.

There is plenty more info for the public, but I'm not going any further here.

LMG #91 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles
My Thunderbolt's stuck on a Ghost match. Clear cache didn't bring it back. If the game doesn't release my plane by tomorrow I'm most likely out
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

legoboy0401 #92 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 June 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

"a bit"

No, the whole stinking thing.  You can't actually have an adult discussion, so you shouldn't probably be trying.  Next time, when the grown-ups are talking, how about you just shut up and listen?  You might learn something valuable.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 June 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

"a bit"

You are an idiot, and won't listen to others' opinions. You pretend like the majority adore the patch, even though they don't and you are actually in the minority who likes it. For the record, you had really ought to stop making up "facts" and get real facts the only way you can: Research.

Also, I'm sorry, I really and truly am, but I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would love this patch. It's garbage, or at least myself and a lot of others on this forum think so.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

TheMadPizzler #93 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles

View PostLMG, on 19 June 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

My Thunderbolt's stuck on a Ghost match. Clear cache didn't bring it back. If the game doesn't release my plane by tomorrow I'm most likely out

You don't understand!  That's not a bug, it's a new feature!  Forget about all this complaining.....  it's time to announce WarGaming's new and exciting team-up with The Twilight Zone!

Your plane has just entered a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is in the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of pilot's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

working as intended

legoboy0401 #94 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 18 June 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

You don't understand!  That's not a bug, it's a new feature!  Forget about all this complaining.....  it's time to announce WarGaming's new and exciting team-up with The Twilight Zone!

Your plane has just entered a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is in the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of pilot's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

working as intended

That's  funny, because there was a episode of The Twilight Zone set in WWI and post-WWII that featured a disappearing(actually time-traveling) plane.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

trikke #95 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:47 AM

Captain

• 4490 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 June 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

(plenty more good points)

No one is forcing you to do anything. Just like a job you don't like, you can either quit or make the best of it, but stop torturing those around you. 

as always, a well considered opinion...   

different and new is always interesting to me, and it gives me a tiny, tiny edge until other folks adapt to all the changes

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

ComradeZ #96 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4045 battles

View PostLMG, on 19 June 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

I just checked again, 4 games..4 northern bridgeheads.  I'm with you LMG. If they wont release my plane, I'm out until '1.4 Re-Re-Birth' lol

LMG #97 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostLMG, on 18 June 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Checked again and it's back in my hangar. I hope this doesn't become a common bug or I'm going to have some serious problems with the game :sceptic:

TheMadPizzler #98 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2311 battles
Anybody know any WWI or WWII single player flight simulators that don't suck?

vcharng #99 Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4566 battles

View PostTheMadPizzler, on 19 June 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

Anybody know any WWI or WWII single player flight simulators that don't suck?

Would like to know as well...

You know, I actually wanted one even when I stepped into WOWP.

I so much hope that WOWP is a single player game...

LMG #100 Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postvcharng, on 19 June 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

Would like to know as well...

You know, I actually wanted one even when I stepped into WOWP.

I so much hope that WOWP is a single player game...

I'm with you. Last fun singleplayer arcade flight game I played was Blazing Angels 1 on the Wii

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users