Why??!!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Prenzlau #61 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14119 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCyberdog52, on 18 June 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

You got that right.  I don't think you will ever find anyone in the game who studies it more than Prenzlau.  He will try everything and knows what works by the success that it comes from it.  He is a great student and teacher who knows the elements of success and can execute them.  Every sortie presents its own set of unique interactions and he reacts to them better than most players.  WG can change the environment but players like him adapt.  I complain about the Bots and how they can determine the outcome of a match but Prenzlau is more capable than many of us at carrying a game despite the bots.  Isn't it in martial arts that you use your opponent's actions to defeat him? 

I have seen the Z&PDC in action and all I can say is WG don't introduce Heavy Bombers!

Oh and one more thing;

"I played mostly high-level( for realism and to play to the strengths of German Bombers)"

I thought that Germany converted most of its medium bombers to dive bombers because it was a more accurate method of bombing with low numbers.  I think the HE111 is the only med that didn't dive bomb.  If you want realism, you are looking for IL-2 Sturmovik or Cliffs of Dover.  WG emphatically states that WoWP is an arcade game.

Oh ya! How right you are Cyberdog! Adapt! Overcome! and Destroy! I like it it!

ppppssstttt... Cyberdog.... over here.... "now how much money did you want again"....

Prenzlau #62 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14119 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 June 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Sorry, collateral damage. He was agreeing with the real trolls here, Zig and Prenzlau, and I felt I had to cut him down to show it was not okay to gang up on me.

He is smart though, now that I think about it. 

Btw, it's not like I could play anyways even if I didn't uninstall. My computer barely ran it before, and with the massive new buffs to lag(in other words, they made lag stronger/worse), and all the horrific new bugs that have also been introduced with 2.05 + the old ones, it's just too much for both my computer and my patience to handle.

"the real trolls here, Zig and Prenzlau"

Hey now, that is just naughty talk and not true. It seems funny to me, that in every aspect of our lives we have very little or no control at all over how much we pay for things we need and use. Sure we have choices, lots and lots of choices, BUT I cannot control the price of fuel, or food, or water, and one million other things, AND I don't sit on blogs or forums, or run editorials on these things and their prices. Ya, if someone wants, and lots of people who either have nothing to do or some sort of personal inadequacy do complain and write letters or e-mail, fine. It your right to do so. It's your right to be in these forums complaining, God bless you and everyone else who feels the need. But lets keep things into perspective. Warplanes is but a product that is profit based. They are going to change it and mess with it. WHY? Well the best example I can give is that at my corporate job we have a "process improvement department" and the idea behind it is to make things better and save money and time in the process. BUT to keep their jobs they have to keep coming up with ideas to show they are actually doing something, even when no improvements are actually needed. So they F*ck with things and in the process it becomes counter productive and in most cases makes things worse. Sound familiar? This goes on everywhere, from toothpaste to television, from food products to automobiles, you name it, its is always "new", "improved" and "better", EVEN IF IT IS NOT. Does not matter. The whole damn world is that way, and yet here we are, and once again, the game I play has to be tailored to me, because I play it a lot and I've been around a long time.... Nope, sorry. But it is not a war gaming thing, its the way of the world, like it or not. Funny how we adjust to these things all the time, I buy the "new and improved" something and sometimes I am disappointed, so... I don't buy it anymore. But I don't get all emotionally upset about it, I just go buy something else instead. 

With all the complaining, B*itching that they (WG) should do this and not this, and bla, bla, bla... why are you even wasting your time when with hundreds of other very similar situations in your everyday lives you just adapt, cope and deal with it???

I'm sorry but I won't have my integrity impugned anymore.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 18 June 2018 - 07:57 PM.

CorvusCorvax #63 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 June 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Prenzlau

Having one's integrity impugned is a badge of honor in any online forum.  It means that you have made a point that people cannot logically counter.  So they will attack *you*, instead of your idea.

mnbv_fockewulfe #64 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 June 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Having one's integrity impugned is a badge of honor in any online forum.  It means that you have made a point that people cannot logically counter.  So they will attack *you*, instead of your idea.

Ima just leave this here.:popcorn:http://forum.worldof...n/page__st__120

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

legoboy0401 #65 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 June 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

"the real trolls here, Zig and Prenzlau"

Hey now, that is just naughty talk and not true. It seems funny to me, that in every aspect of our lives we have very little or no control at all over how much we pay for things we need and use. Sure we have choices, lots and lots of choices, BUT I cannot control the price of fuel, or food, or water, and one million other things, AND I don't sit on blogs or forums, or run editorials on these things and their prices. Ya, if someone wants, and lots of people who either have nothing to do or some sort of personal inadequacy do complain and write letters or e-mail, fine. It your right to do so. It's your right to be in these forums complaining, God bless you and everyone else who feels the need. But lets keep things into perspective. Warplanes is but a product that is profit based. They are going to change it and mess with it. WHY? Well the best example I can give is that at my corporate job we have a "process improvement department" and the idea behind it is to make things better and save money and time in the process. BUT to keep their jobs they have to keep coming up with ideas to show they are actually doing something, even when no improvements are actually needed. So they F*ck with things and in the process it becomes counter productive and in most cases makes things worse. Sound familiar? This goes on everywhere, from toothpaste to television, from food products to automobiles, you name it, its is always "new", "improved" and "better", EVEN IF IT IS NOT. Does not matter. The whole damn world is that way, and yet here we are, and once again, the game I play has to be tailored to me, because I play it a lot and I've been around a long time.... Nope, sorry. But it is not a war gaming thing, its the way of the world, like it or not. Funny how we adjust to these things all the time, I buy the "new and improved" something and sometimes I am disappointed, so... I don't buy it anymore. But I don't get all emotionally upset about it, I just go buy something else instead. 

With all the complaining, B*itching and they should do this and not this, and bla, bla, bla... why are you even wasting your time when with hundreds of other very similar situations in your everyday lives you just adapt, cope and deal with it???

Prenzlau

Well, everybody trolls sometimes, even me(probably the understatement of the decade). I ask you, then in response... Oh never mind, I get it now, you are the kind of person who would stay in their house while it burned down, because you are "adapting, coping, and dealing with it".   

To answer your question, NO, I won't "adapt, cope, and deal with it" as if it was a natural progression of the game and fair, like for example if an OP vehicle that I liked got nerfed. I'd "adapt, cope, and deal with it" in that situation of course, and there and then such behavior would be the reasonable thing to do.

But this is not a natural progression of the game, nor fair.  By the way, it ruined much more than just what I like, I'm just giving an example of the havoc these changes are creating. Vehicles are losing upgrades that they need and gaining ones useless to their playstyles, some vehicles don't get a reasonable amount of upgrades or consumables, some vehicles do admittedly get a bit too strong after the grind has been completed and some good rng rolls for equipment, it added in an element of gambling to the game, it added P2W with purchaseable completed upgrades in the store, it is a complete and utter slap in the face to anyone who has ever bought a premium plane before this patch by nerfing ones bought before the patch right along with the tech tree planes...

The list of grievances here just goes on and on. That tells you the magnitude of WG's mistake. Saying that patch 2.05 was a colossal blunder for WG would be the largest understatement of all time.

So, darn it, I will not take my grievances elsewhere! I will not "adapt, cope, deal with it" in this instance just because you tell me toHECK NO! There are wrongs here, wrongs to be righted!

I'm sorry you think WG can't do anything wrong. Well, THEY CAN, THEY JUST DID, AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE BLIND FOR NOT SEEING IT.  

- Legoboy0401

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 June 2018 - 08:27 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

CorvusCorvax #66 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 June 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Ima just leave this here.:popcorn:http://forum.worldof...n/page__st__120

Of course, nobody is having their integrity impugned in that thread.

Oh, except me.  Thanks for the assist, bro!

CorvusCorvax #67 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 June 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Well, everybody trolls sometimes, even me(probably the understatement of the decade). I ask you, then in response... Oh never mind, I get it now, you are the kind of person who would stay in their house while it burned down, because you are "adapting, coping, and dealing with it".   

To answer your question, NO, I won't "adapt, cope, and deal with it" as if it was a natural progression of the game and fair, like for example if an OP vehicle that I liked got nerfed. I'd "adapt, cope, and deal with it" in that situation of course, and there and then such behavior would be the reasonable thing to do.

But this is not a natural progression of the game, nor fair.  By the way, it ruined much more than just what I like, I'm just giving an example of the havoc these changes are creating. Vehicles are losing upgrades that they need and gaining ones useless to their playstyles, some vehicles don't get a reasonable amount of upgrades or consumables, some vehicles do admittedly get a bit too strong after the grind has been completed and some good rng rolls for equipment, it added in an element of gambling to the game, it added P2W with purchaseable completed upgrades in the store, it is a complete and utter slap in the face to anyone who has ever bought a premium plane before this patch by nerfing ones bought before the patch right along with the tech tree planes...

The list of grievances here just goes on and on. That tells you the magnitude of WG's mistake. Saying that patch 2.05 was a colossal blunder for WG would be the largest understatement of all time.

So, darn it, I will not take my grievances elsewhere! I will not "adapt, cope, overcome" in this instance just because you tell me toHECK NO! There are wrongs here, wrongs to be righted!

I'm sorry you think WG can't do anything wrong. Well, THEY CAN, THEY JUST DID, AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE BLIND FOR NOT SEEING IT.  

- Legoboy0401

You have it wrong.  You play the game within the parameters the game allows.  Attempting to change the game to suit your own playstyle is selfish.

legoboy0401 #68 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 June 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

You have it wrong.  You play the game within the parameters the game allows.  Attempting to change the game to suit your own playstyle is selfish.

Why on earth do you like Patch 2.05?

edit: Besides, I already said I was just giving an example of how it effects me. It effects others, too, to be sure. Have you not looked around the forum?

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 June 2018 - 08:33 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Prenzlau #69 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14119 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Ultimately this is all I see here....

legoboy0401 #70 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

How did I not see that? You and Zig are of course long time partners in crime. You guys like 2.05,(unlike nearly everyone else) think WG did us a service by releasing it, and think it's fine on the whole, with a few minor acceptions. I think it's a giant pile of trash just waiting to go to the landfill, with barely any redeeming features(except replays). We disagree. That's fine.

Just don't butt your head in on a topic dissing 2.05 and pretend everyone on it but one guy(me in this case) actually loves it and are just trolling the OP, please. That's all I ask.

Regards, Legoboy0401

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 June 2018 - 08:45 PM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Perco_lator #71 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 15 June 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

In damage to G/T and G/T destroyed i am #2 and #3 on this server.

Congrats at being adept at windowlicking.

View PostZigfreid, on 15 June 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Remember you have to be smarter than the watermelon to eat it!

Thought you'd be smart enough to know they are passing out poop & calling it watermelon.

Eat away! Eat away!

mnbv_fockewulfe #72 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:03 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 June 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

If you mean WG is biting it's own leg then sure.

If somehow you mean everyone else who disagrees with the update is biting their own leg?

Can I haz what ur smoking pls?

Prenzlau #73 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14119 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

legoboy0401.... "How did I not see that? You and Zig are of course long time partners in crime."

Damn you crack me up man... I like you. Three days later... hehehehe.... classic... but funny. I really do hope you find satisfaction and your doing what you need to do, even if I don't agree with your opinions. 

"So, darn it, I will not take my grievances elsewhere! I will not "adapt, cope, deal with it" in this instance just because you tell me toHECK NO!"

Geezzz.. and I thought my Jedi mind trick would really work!?! I love it... you have grit man, and your sticking with your guns. I can respect that. Good for you, really and seriously. 

Prenzlau

legoboy0401 #74 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 June 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

If you mean WG is biting it's own leg then sure.

If somehow you mean everyone else who disagrees with the update is biting their own leg?

Can I haz what ur smoking pls?

they do mean the latter. From my earlier post: "you guys like 2.05,(unlike nearly everyone else) think WG did us a service by releasing it, and think it's fine on the whole, with a few minor acceptions.  I think it's a giant pile of trash just waiting to go to the landfill, with barely any redeeming features(except replays)."

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 June 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

mnbv_fockewulfe #75 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 18 June 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

legoboy0401.... "How did I not see that? You and Zig are of course long time partners in crime."

Damn you crack me up man... I like you. Three days later... hehehehe.... classic... but funny. I really do hope you find satisfaction and your doing what you need to do, even if I don't agree with your opinions. 

"So, darn it, I will not take my grievances elsewhere! I will not "adapt, cope, deal with it" in this instance just because you tell me toHECK NO!"

Geezzz.. and I thought my Jedi mind trick would really work!?! I love it... you have grit man, and your sticking with your guns. I can respect that. Good for you, really and seriously. 

Prenzlau

would you mind stating the reason why you like the new progression system?

legoboy0401 #76 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 June 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

would you mind stating the reason why you like the new progression system?

I have a theory as to why he likes it.

Because he likes everything WG has ever done.

According to him, WG are our parents and thus they are doing this all out of love and all in our best interest, because they alone know what's best for us, the players. We need to treat them with love and respect, and never criticize anything they do, because, after all, we are just little children, who do not know what we want(nor what's actually best for us) and what the game was meant to be. WG is helping us discover what we want and what the game was meant to be. This could, in fact, be a punishment for us. We may have transgressed(I.E, wronged) them in some way,(probably in throwing "tantrums" on the forums) and they are taking away our fun in WoWP as a result. We will learn our lesson in time, and once we do, the old system of progression will come back. 

This is Prenzlau's view of WG.

Ugh! That was disgusting to write and that viewpoint could not be more disgustingly wrong, either. WG are most certainly NOT our parents, and HECK IF THEY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR US! They don't love us, THEY ONLY LOVE OUR WALLETS! 

I don't know how he came up with that, but either he's a disgrunted kid in his mid-twenties who is angry that his family kicked him out of the house after he stayed there too long after college, he is a parent worshipper, he belongs to a cult that sees every relationship between two parties as that of a parent/child relationship, or he's trolling.

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 June 2018 - 09:39 PM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

mnbv_fockewulfe #77 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 June 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

I have a theory as to why he likes it.

Because he likes everything WG has ever done.

According to him, WG are our parents and thus they are doing this all out of love and all in our best interest, because they alone know what's best for us, the players. We need to treat them with love and respect, and never criticize anything they do, because, after all, we are just little children, who do not know what we want and what the game was meant to be. WG is helping us discover what we want and what the game was meant to be. This could, in fact, be a punishment for us. We may have transgressed(I.E, wronged) them in some way,(probably in throwing "tantrums" on the forums) and they are taking away our fun in WoWP as a result. We will learn our lesson in time, and once we do, the old system of progression will come back. 

This is Prenzlau's view of WG.

Ugh! That was disgusting to write and that viewpoint could not be more disgustingly wrong, either. WG are most certainly NOT our parents, and HECK IF THEY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR US! They don't love us, THEY ONLY LOVE OUR WALLETS! 

I don't know how he came up with that, but either he's a disgrunted kid in his mid-twenties who is angry that his family kicked him out of the house after he stayed there too long after college, he is a parent worshipper, he belongs to a cult that sees every relationship between two parties as that of a parent/child relationship, or he's trolling.

Hold your horses kid.

Let him make his own statement instead of giving him an excuse to focus on what he disagrees with what you said.

legoboy0401 #78 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 June 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hold your horses kid.

Let him make his own statement instead of giving him an excuse to focus on what he disagrees with what you said.

Yeah, that was definitely too bold and probably kind of a bit of a strawman argument. It is awfully suspicious, though, that he always seemed to talk down to me here, as if he and Zig were the only ones who had a "enlightened" view of seeing WG. It seemed quite like they were saying " suck it up kid, they are your parents, so don't criticize or disagree with them."

I kind of went off on a rabbit trail with that post, sorry.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Cyberdog52 #79 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 819 battles

:popcorn:

legoboy0401 #80 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCyberdog52, on 18 June 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

:popcorn:

Hello. How is it going? Just browsing to be entertained? Then welcome to the mostly off-topic circus(nearly everyone just ignored the OP and used it simply as a jumping off point for a debate club/chat room).

Have fun!

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users