Why??!!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #121 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 19 June 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

You are an idiot, and won't listen to others' opinions. You pretend like the majority adore the patch, even though they don't and you are actually in the minority who likes it. For the record, you had really ought to stop making up "facts" and get real facts the only way you can: Research.

Also, I'm sorry, I really and truly am, but I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would love this patch. It's garbage, or at least myself and a lot of others on this forum think so.

Well, when you are wrong, you are completely wrong.  When other's opinions are well-thought-out and have actual reasoning attached, then a discussion can be had.  Opinions, with reasoned support, are great, and have their place.  But what you've done here is nothing of the sort.  But I do love the delicious irony.

mnbv_fockewulfe #122 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 June 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Well, when you are wrong, you are completely wrong.  When other's opinions are well-thought-out and have actual reasoning attached, then a discussion can be had.  Opinions, with reasoned support, are great, and have their place.  But what you've done here is nothing of the sort.  But I do love the delicious irony.

Why haven't you posted in the feedback thread?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

CorvusCorvax #123 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 19 June 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

I play this game with a "wait and see" perspective and attitude. I image there are more players with the same outlook because players are still playing despite the many logged complaints. Enough positive and interesting things are happening to keep my interest. But I fully realize that this is not a perfect game, BUT it is my choice to stay and play. It is my choice to pay them money or not. I internalize it as my responsibility because it is my choice. There are way too many people who skip this fact and act like they had something taken from them, or some sort of victimization has occurred. This egocentric attitude is the problem. No one is forcing you to do anything. Just like a job you don't like, you can either quit or make the best of it, but stop torturing those around you. 

Prenzlau

The server lag issue was one that was killing the game for me, and I was learning to adapt to the new system.  I am also trying to figure out how to not spend any real money in the new WG gambling economy.  I think it's going to be harder than it was before.  Before, you could earn silver by the bucket-full and even spending it retraining pilots and reconfiguring aircraft, you could still earn it much faster than you could spend it.  But once the premium time is up, unless I somehow get some for free, I don't see why I would spend real money on the game.  Certainly not for loot boxes - another form of gambling, most certainly.  I'm not a fan of pull an electronic slot machine handle.

In any case, I still am not seeing how WG owes anything to anybody, even those of us who have spend real money on the game.  Every second I've spent playing, every penny spent on planes - all of that was done of my own free will.  And yes, if I go to a restaurant, and they change the menu, and I don't like the food?  I don't go back.  I don't picket their location trying to get the old menu back!  Heck, I doubt I would even expend the effort of telling them why I wasn't coming back.  I would either find another restaurant (I haven't played Counter Strike in a while), or I'd stay home and fix my own damn dinner.  (Play with my dog and kids).

Each of us is responsible for the choices we make, and how we respond to the what the world gives us.  The analogy that I think fits with bomber use is this:  Your route to work each day is filled with cars.  Every day, there seem to be more and more cars.   Pretty soon, every day is a traffic jam.  And the jam gets longer and longer.  Do you sit in the jam, every day, and curse about all the other cars, or do you look for an alternate route?  Or finding a job closer to home?  Griping about all those other people trying to get someplace is futile and foolish - that is something entirely out of your control.  You could beg the transportation department to build more road.  That probably isn't going to happen, either.  But there are things you can do to make your commute better.  It's a matter of the choices you make - stuff entirely under your control.

CorvusCorvax #124 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 25 June 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Why haven't you posted in the feedback thread?

What makes you think I haven't?

Edit:  The official feedback thread.   I thought you meant all the OTHER feedback threads, LOL.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 25 June 2018 - 01:47 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #125 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 June 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

The server lag issue was one that was killing the game for me, and I was learning to adapt to the new system.  I am also trying to figure out how to not spend any real money in the new WG gambling economy.  I think it's going to be harder than it was before.  Before, you could earn silver by the bucket-full and even spending it retraining pilots and reconfiguring aircraft, you could still earn it much faster than you could spend it.  But once the premium time is up, unless I somehow get some for free, I don't see why I would spend real money on the game.  Certainly not for loot boxes - another form of gambling, most certainly.  I'm not a fan of pull an electronic slot machine handle.

In any case, I still am not seeing how WG owes anything to anybody, even those of us who have spend real money on the game.  Every second I've spent playing, every penny spent on planes - all of that was done of my own free will.  And yes, if I go to a restaurant, and they change the menu, and I don't like the food?  I don't go back.  I don't picket their location trying to get the old menu back!  Heck, I doubt I would even expend the effort of telling them why I wasn't coming back.  I would either find another restaurant (I haven't played Counter Strike in a while), or I'd stay home and fix my own damn dinner.  (Play with my dog and kids).

Each of us is responsible for the choices we make, and how we respond to the what the world gives us.  The analogy that I think fits with bomber use is this:  Your route to work each day is filled with cars.  Every day, there seem to be more and more cars.   Pretty soon, every day is a traffic jam.  And the jam gets longer and longer.  Do you sit in the jam, every day, and curse about all the other cars, or do you look for an alternate route?  Or finding a job closer to home?  Griping about all those other people trying to get someplace is futile and foolish - that is something entirely out of your control.  You could beg the transportation department to build more road.  That probably isn't going to happen, either.  But there are things you can do to make your commute better.  It's a matter of the choices you make - stuff entirely under your control.

Ironically, I think the original War Cache was the best thing to every happen to the game. :P

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

CorvusCorvax #126 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 25 June 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Ironically, I think the original War Cache was the best thing to every happen to the game. :P

Holy crap, I think we agree on something!  :)

Prenzlau #127 Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 13589 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 June 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Finally someone other than myself making some good sense. Nice post.

Prenzlau

CorvusCorvax #128 Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPrenzlau, on 25 June 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Finally someone other than myself making some good sense. Nice post.

Prenzlau

Thanks.  I try, but sometimes the derp level is so high I have to swim around in the mud.  Between the throwaway troll accounts (tons of posts, but few battles fought) and the banging of the spoon on the high chair, it is sometimes hard to have a reasonable discussion.  Reminds me a lot of USENET.  Those were the days...  

trikke #129 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Captain

• 4490 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 June 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

what a great post!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #130 Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

Major

• 4850 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 25 June 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

what a great post!

Thanks.

These are the sorts of posts I prefer to make.  But when the knuckleheads start doing their knuckleheaded stuff, I won't shy away from engaging.  I guess it is a fault that I find it amusing.  My apologies to you, in particular, for engaging.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users