Jump to content


News from EU regarding Premium Planes

premium equipment

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles
  • 8,155
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

http://forum.worldof...nes-205-change/

 

Premium planes to be returned to 3-slot config in a week's time.

 

Considering that it is a change to gameplay I believe that it would be effective throughout all clusters...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Captain

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 950 battles
  • 3,065
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

...I would use a gif but I really can't be $#@%

 

So now premiums will have less equipment/consumable slots than normal tech tree planes... why? 

 

:facepalm:


That Ozi Client Side Lagger

 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist


Prenzlau #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4787 battles
  • 347
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

From what I understand, and of course I might be wrong, but the higher tier premiums, 8 or higher will still have 4 equipment slots and two more to unlock? I hope this is the case. Premiums should not get nerfed after all we paid for them. (well most of them either with money or our time). 

 

Prenzlau


The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

 

 

 


pyantoryng #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles
  • 8,155
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostArrowZ_, on 15 June 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

...I would use a gif but I really can't be $#@%

 

So now premiums will have less equipment/consumable slots than normal tech tree planes... why? 

 

:facepalm:

 

On the other interpretation premium planes will be stepping into the pay2win territory with more slots available at low tier.

 

WG seems to be one of the masters of ambiguity...:sceptic:

 

Should premium planes be specialists by default?


Edited by pyantoryng, 15 June 2018 - 02:10 PM.


WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • 1,542
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Well... good thing I didn't spend any Tokens specializing my Do335...

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


pyantoryng #6 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles
  • 8,155
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 15 June 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

Well... good thing I didn't spend any Tokens specializing my Do335...

 

Well, you still need specialist status for the unlockables...I guess we all can wait a bit.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

medoyehd #7 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:02 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 362 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016
Premiums should be all specialized as players pay real money for them. 

SonicPariah #8 Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:07 AM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 419 battles
  • 649
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016
As far as we can tell before the fix, Premiums should be Specialized by default after the fix.

SlappedbyRommel #9 Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1382 battles
  • 276
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

View PostSonicPariah, on 20 June 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

As far as we can tell before the fix, Premiums should be Specialized by default after the fix.

 

View PostSonicPariah, on 20 June 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

As far as we can tell before the fix, Premiums should be Specialized by default after the fix.

Sonic what can you tell the people here on what is happening with this patch nothing from wig why.


Edited by SlappedbyRommel, 20 June 2018 - 12:17 AM.


SOLxCAT32 #10 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:05 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2451 battles
  • 65
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    10-10-2016
If you specialized a premium plane before the patch, will you get refunded for the amount of credits you spent on specialization? I know @Sea_of_stars and @Reitousair have specialized tier 8 premiums. 

[HVAR]SOLxCAT32 - Top 25 NA - Streaming here

 

"A glass of windex a day keeps the superunicums away"


SonicPariah #11 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:29 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 419 battles
  • 649
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 20 June 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

 

Sonic what can you tell the people here on what is happening with this patch nothing from wig why.

 

View PostSOLxCAT32, on 20 June 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

If you specialized a premium plane before the patch, will you get refunded for the amount of credits you spent on specialization? I know @Sea_of_stars and @Reitousair have specialized tier 8 premiums. 

 

So, correction after further investigation. 

 

It appears that Premiums will return to the previous model of having 3 Slots. However, you can then do the Specialist Missions for a fourth slot.

 

Error on communication between "how they were" pre-patch and "how they were" post-patch, pre-fix. So, Specialized in the sense that they have the original 3 Slots, but not in the fact that the Missions are already done.



Dr_Wigglespank #12 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 717 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    01-06-2014

View PostSonicPariah, on 19 June 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

As far as we can tell before the fix, Premiums should be Specialized by default after the fix.

 

Number of slots for equipment and consumables in Premium aircraft for Stock and Specialist configurations has been changed: 
  • Period I (Tier I-IV) — 3 equipment and 3 consumable slots in Stock and +1 consumable slot in Specialist configuration.
  • Period II (Tier V-VII) — 3 equipment and 4 consumable slots in Stock configuration, 4 equipment and 5 consumable slots in Specialist configuration.
  • Period III (Tier VIII-X) — 4 equipment and 4 consumable slots in Stock configuration, 5 equipment and 5 consumable slots in Specialist configuration.

 

Well, there it is. We still have to grind planes we paid for.

 

After seeing the P-80 bundle in the premium shop, I expected no less. Paying more for premium planes in "Specialist" configuration is just another way for WG to milk a bit more from those willing to spend money on this game.

 

I've spent more than I care to admit in the six to seven months I've been playing, but this is the straw that broke the camels back. I'll continue to play because I enjoy the game, but WG will not see another dime from me.



medoyehd #13 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 362 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016

View PostSonicPariah, on 21 June 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

 

 

So, correction after further investigation. 

 

It appears that Premiums will return to the previous model of having 3 Slots. However, you can then do the Specialist Missions for a fourth slot.

 

Error on communication between "how they were" pre-patch and "how they were" post-patch, pre-fix. So, Specialized in the sense that they have the original 3 Slots, but not in the fact that the Missions are already done.

 

That's crap.  Premium planes should have been made specialist.  This is nothing short of attempted financial greed on planes players already paid real money for.  Grind the planes you paid real money for, or pay us more money, to have them fully unlocked.  We all paid real money for "fully unlocked' planes as was advertised at time of sale.  Now WG can hide behind that EULA on this, but no more money since this has destroyed, at least for me, my confidence in WG as a consumer.  Nor will I be supporting this game in conversations.  I stated in other places now that so far this month I have spent around $200 on gaming.  None of it went to WG because of this crap with planes here, and the threatened crap in WoT with PMM tanks.  Instead your competitor got a large amount of that $200.  

Edited by SonicPariah, 20 June 2018 - 09:02 PM.
Language


Wombatmetal #14 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 770 battles
  • 748
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

A counterpoint. Premiums will now have the same slots for consumables and upgrades they always had, which puts them ahead of tech tree planes. 

 

In addition they can be specialized at your option. A special Gobling will be a beast.

 

More than in the past, your prem will be powerful. So this part seems fair in a narrow perspective



VeatherVitch #15 Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:03 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1184 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    06-05-2016
Agree with the above, my premium AC are back to exactly where I bought them after this fix. I can now upgrade my premium AC to make them even better than they had been when I bought them. Seems like a win for the owners of premium AC....

StoptheViolins #16 Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1477 battles
  • 841
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Not enough.  Pre-patch premiums should be specialized by default.  What a downgrade.

pyantoryng #17 Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:00 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles
  • 8,155
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStoptheViolins, on 25 June 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

Not enough.  Pre-patch premiums should be specialized by default.  What a downgrade.

 

Only tier 2 premiums are gaining VAST improvements...the others are meh.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

The_Wild_Weasel #18 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1645 battles
  • 399
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmedoyehd, on 20 June 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

 

That's crap.  Premium planes should have been made specialist.  This is nothing short of attempted financial greed on planes players already paid real money for.  Grind the planes you paid real money for, or pay us more money, to have them fully unlocked.  We all paid real money for "fully unlocked' planes as was advertised at time of sale.  Now WG can hide behind that EULA on this, but no more money since this has destroyed, at least for me, my confidence in WG as a consumer.  Nor will I be supporting this game in conversations.  I stated in other places now that so far this month I have spent around $200 on gaming.  None of it went to WG because of this crap with planes here, and the threatened crap in WoT with PMM tanks.  Instead your competitor got a large amount of that $200.  

 

agreed, and same here with my $$$$$$  going else where





Also tagged with premium, equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users