Solution to Tier 1-3 sealclubbing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

poppavein #1 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2557 battles

I like what they do in Total War Arena; You can only play against the AI for tiers 1-2, you have a choice between AI and PVP at tier 3.  PVP only above that.

This prevents seal clubbing at the low tiers, and gives newbies a chance to learn how to fly their planes and is more forgiving of mistakes.  AI bots are bad at this level, so it gives newbies more of a chance to win battles.

I'm enjoying TWA.

FluffyPabu #2 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
please let them have some relaxation from time to time, sealclubbers are people too! :trollface:

wscarter007 #3 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4254 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I like your idea of choice between bots and humans for low tiers.  

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postpoppavein, on 13 June 2018 - 02:38 AM, said:

I like what they do in Total War Arena; You can only play against the AI for tiers 1-2, you have a choice between AI and PVP at tier 3.  PVP only above that.

This prevents seal clubbing at the low tiers, and gives newbies a chance to learn how to fly their planes and is more forgiving of mistakes.  AI bots are bad at this level, so it gives newbies more of a chance to win battles.

I'm enjoying TWA.

I like this idea.  And how about the bot ability scales with the ability of the pilot?  If the pilot in-game is a T10 ace-of-aces, then his T1 bot opponents are ace-level bots with planes that are completely buffed and stacked with consumables.  Sure, it's still seal-clubbing, but the bots no longer roll over and die.

Shizzywiznut #5 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4532 battles
It is not seal clubbing!! It is seal training, learn the difference:kamikaze:

El_Mulo #6 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10825 battles

I was a seal before.  And I was sealclubbed a lot of times.  Then someday, I killed one of the "sealclubber"  and I felt GREAT!.

Stop crying for softening the game.  Grow up, rise and fight again and again till you kill your killer.
I also like to fly those low tiers planes.  

What we say to death?

ComradeZ #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3473 battles
  • [FK] FK

I dont see it as seal clubbing. More like an Initiation Gauntlet.   I spent a lot of time low tier when I first started (obsession with old planes) and had no problems holding my own. I practically became a seal clubbin seal! lol

As for now, I only play low tiers for fun. I spend more time ripping up clubbers and bots than nubs.

Edited by ComradeZ, 14 June 2018 - 05:37 AM.

WolfWiz #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3769 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postwscarter007, on 13 June 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I like your idea of choice between bots and humans for low tiers.  

is there a difference lol!

ComradeZ #9 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3473 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostWolfWiz, on 14 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

is there a difference lol!

Yes! Humans at any skill level can be unpredictable. These bots? Blood lusting locust swarms or Flight of the Bubble-heads. 

pyantoryng #10 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostComradeZ, on 14 June 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

I dont see it as seal clubbing. More like an Initiation Gauntlet.   I spent a lot of time low tier when I first started (obsession with old planes) and had no problems holding my own. I practically became a seal clubbin seal! lol

As for now, I only play low tiers for fun. I spend more time ripping up clubbers and bots than nubs.

Well, I doubt others would see it that way...the initiate tend to just get stomped so hard they regurgiate any lesson they may have learned...or not even learn a thing as their planes fall out of the sky in seconds after contact, and very soon give in.

As for my view...these missions' greater yet uniform scale is keeping people in low tier bracket for far longer than before. Either a properly tiered daily mission or reduce in scale (and accordingly, token reward) should do the trick, as I doubt that it is the root cause of people stomping down that low. People who love that tier range would still stay, and people that like to club will continue to club no matter what measure is put in.

In truth, since 2.0 dropped they have taken steps to get people out of low tier by limiting epic achievements (and thus, tokens) to tier 4 and above - I still remember vividly farming Gabreski in my I-5 ShKAS pre-2.0 for a lot of easy tokens a day (Clostermann was much easier to attain, too)...and higher earnings multiplier as tier goes up, which incentivize grinding in planes of as high tier as possible for maximum payout. The inverse hasn't happened where noob infest high tiers and cause bad games after bad games...that or the bots' presence prevent that to a degree...or people just stopped spending $.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

AmericanKestrel #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3300 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostComradeZ, on 14 June 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

In the real world and war new pilots were trained and thrown into the fray.  They either learned quickly and survived or were shot down... at least here in this game they can just take another plane and try again... It's not seal-clubbing - it's advanced training for them.

trikke #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostAmericanKestrel, on 14 June 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

In the real world and war new pilots were trained and thrown into the fray.  They either learned quickly and survived or were shot down... at least here in this game they can just take another plane and try again... It's not seal-clubbing - it's advanced training for them.

so hard to tell when people are just kidding on internet forums...

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users