Update 2.0.5

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #41 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

Hmm... Inb4 turning all the BnZ Light Fighters/MRFs/Heavies into TNB monsters :trollface:

Atleast that's what I'm getting with this "big" equipment/consumables update with no bug fixes in sight... lol

I do find it curious how they find the time to make more graphical improvements. Which is another thing that again people didn't ask for. It's almost like they're forced to include that there to appease a certain individual/group because they like sparkly objects/effects... :facepalm:

Anyway going to be interesting to see what 2.0.5 will offer. Thx WG.

Also - Just so this wasn't obvious this "big" patch does not include any gameplay content additions to 2.0. You know... like more modes, clan utilization content...? How long did this update take? 6 months?...

Atleast replays made a comeback. It only took 8 months! :medal:

Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 June 2018 - 02:06 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Bobby_Tables #42 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2609 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostAkirishin, on 12 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Greetings and salutations fellow pilots, this is Akirishin. In this video I take a short look at Update 2.0.5 and share some preliminary thoughts about it. I hope you find it helpful.

Good catch on the consumables issue.  I think I just glanced at this and missed that some do not work upon respawn.  

I agree the complexity increased dramatically. 

\rant

In a time when games are going simple (think Fortnite) WG/Persha went entirely in the other direction.  Putting developers in control of content is a big mistake and this "upgrade" is a prime example of why developers who do not actually play their own game are their own worst enemy.  

Good Lord, they could've concentrated on developing new airframe skins that could be had for gold or tokens to generate more revenue.  As it is, this "upgrade" is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.  To me, I don't see anything in this release that will attract new players.  The added complexity is in total disregard to the current direction in online gaming.  My kid plays Fortnite and while I don't expect that type of constant new content in this game, I do expect some.  This is just a labyrinth of options to trick out planes that adds no new real content and almost nothing to the enjoyment of the game.  They could've spent these development hours tricking out airplane skins for tokens and gold and probably come away with a happier customer base.  Just look at how many people do their own custom skins and publish them.  

New content, game modes, clan activities, challenges, that's what is going to bring in new players.  This is just a convoluted, overly complex game tweak for a chosen few.  I will most likely fly stock because I get no joy from an exponential increase in module complexity.     

/rant

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 13 June 2018 - 02:46 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #43 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 13 June 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

Good catch on the consumables issue.  I think I just glanced at this and missed that some do not work upon respawn. 

I agree the complexity increased dramatically.

\rant

In a time when games are going simple (think Fortnite) WG/Persha went entirely in the other direction.  Putting developers in control of content is a big mistake and this "upgrade" is a prime example of why developers who do not actually play their own game are their own worst enemy. 

Good Lord, they could've concentrated on developing new airframe skins that could be had for gold or tokens to generate more revenue.  As it is, this "upgrade" is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mistery to me.  To me, I don't see anything in this release that will attract new players.  The added complexity is in total disregard to the current direction in online gaming.  My kid plays Fortnite and while I don't expect that type of constant new content in this game, I do expect some.  This is just a labyrinth of options to trick out planes that adds no new real content and almost nothing to the enjoyment of the game.  They could've spent these development hours tricking out airplane skins for tokens and gold and probably come away with a happier customer base.  Just look at how many people do their own custom skins and publish them. 

New content, game modes, clan activities, challenges, that's what is going to bring in new players.  This is just a convoluted, overly complex game tweak for a chosen few.  I will most likely fly stock because I get no joy from an exponential increase in module complexity.    

/rant

Don't forget, the incremental upgrades governed by RNG.

Time to start rounding up my herd of alpacas.:B

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

pyantoryng #44 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:37 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1431 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 June 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hmm... Inb4 turning all the BnZ Light Fighters/MRFs/Heavies into TNB monsters :trollface:

Atleast that's what I'm getting with this "big" equipment/consumables update with no bug fixes in sight... lol

I do find it curious how they find the time to make more graphical improvements. Which is another thing that again people didn't ask for. It's almost like they're forced to include that there to appease a certain individual/group because they like sparkly objects/effects... :facepalm:

Anyway going to be interesting to see what 2.0.5 will offer. Thx WG.

Also - Just so this wasn't obvious this "big" patch does not include any gameplay content additions to 2.0. You know... like more modes, clan utilization content...? How long did this update take? 6 months?...

Atleast replays made a comeback. It only took 8 months! :medal:

Graphics is one of the things that Persha does best...why aren't they just in charge of that across all three, is a mystery...

Next up: Return Birthdays...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

ArrowZ_ #45 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 13 June 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Next up: Return Birthdays...

That would actually get me to play more. One of the best things they've done to this game. No idea why it was taken out...

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Bobby_Tables #46 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:38 AM

• 2609 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, 16 June 2018 - 06:55 AM.

egikov #47 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1546 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

1. There is a huge nerf to equipment. Makes game more complicated and less user friendly.

2. There is huge price increase to consumables with "period" idea. This will damage economics of silver in higher tiers and make it more like WoT.

3. They should have put it on the test server for couple weeks. We will have lots of new bugs and fps might drop even more.

4. Manual gold consumables.

5. All controls will be reset. Probably graphics settings too.

No news on optimization/frame rate problem.

At least standard ammo is still free.

Beckers4 #48 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:01 AM

Airman Basic

• 1232 battles
  • [CIA] CIA
Well stopped playing tanks due to dev stupidity, pretty much the same for ships, now planes. Hello MWO!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #49 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• 401 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I wonder how the euros and ruskies are reacting... hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

ClosedCoffin #50 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2825 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 June 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

what's your opinion on my depot,

should I just sell everything in there except for belts...

I mean really, wth just happened

my 4 years of stocking valuable consumables, modules, bombs and belts are now totally effed?

absolute bull slip stuff here...

watch your step 2.0 players/noobs... they're gunna screw you just like they did us 1.9ers

Well I'm taking screenshots of all depot credit totals to see how things turn out.

A problem is the depot doesn't count mounted stuff on aircraft.

I've got over 55million credits worth of ammo, modules,equipment and consumables in the depot.

With the 103 aircraft I own, there's a lot of stuff on them worth a good deal of credits.

wth, I took scrnshts of the 103 with service window open for post update comparisons.

side note - Those 103 aircraft appear to be worth another 55million credits if I sold them all, lol.

Edited by ClosedCoffin, 13 June 2018 - 05:03 AM.

egikov #51 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1546 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 June 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

I wonder how the euros and ruskies are reacting... hehe

There are some funny things they are saying:

1. The balance might become so crazy that we will see a A6M Zero with armor of IL-2, and some other super planes. Or RB-17 with super gunners and armor.

2. There needs to be two more equipment modules - module to increase fps and module to lower ping.

MBT808 #52 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:12 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1285 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4

View Postegikov, on 13 June 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

There are some funny things they are saying:

1. The balance might become so crazy that we will see a A6M Zero with armor of IL-2, and some other super planes. Or RB-17 with super gunners and armor.

2. There needs to be two more equipment modules - module to increase fps and module to lower ping.

they'd probably sell the FPS and ping modules for 5,000 gold each, 11,000 for both in a bundle with a bonus day of premium. Then they would decide its OP due to people playing better and remove it from the shop to only be brought back during special events.

ArrowZ_ #53 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

View Postegikov, on 13 June 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

module to increase fps and module to lower ping.

Or a Module to fix those bugs!

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Blucraft #54 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

View PostHEAVEYGEAR, on 13 June 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Glad you're enjoying the game. I wish I was. Too bad you didn't know the game back in 1.4. You might have a different opinion.

Sorry you're not enjoying it.  I knew 1.x  and I thought it was terrible; I'm personally much happier with 2.x.  

-Blu

LMG #55 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postegikov, on 12 June 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

Graphics Accelerator: +10% fps; -5% game stability.
Fiber Glass: +7.5% connection speed; -3% connection stability.

:trollface:

Edited by LMG, 13 June 2018 - 06:58 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ArrowZ_ #56 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272346300 - Dev Vlog on "Progression 2.0" (Thx to BuckO & ikiibuu for spreading the info)

In case anyone missed this. Yes it is english translated. Thank god.

Seriously WG could have done a better job in piling up all the info into one centralized place... :facepalm:

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Cardinal604 #57 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Senior Airman

• 1587 battles

Well this update too like a pile of complex...

I would have much preferred more content and bug fixes... Like an Italian Tech Tree, or more Japanese planes... Where is the J2M, N1K2, French planes like D-520 ? more Bombers He-111 ? etc...

How bout game not closing on exit with out ending task, on and off again chat and voice chat etc.. 

All this update will do is deter new players with its complexity, make it more grindy, add a pile more bugs, and make for less variety one a super plane combo is found and every one has to play that or or get wiped out...

WG you missed the mark on this one...

hoom #58 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3498 battles

Not sure about the Equipment changes, could be a big PITA but could be cool. (haven't finished reading all the stuff yet)

New stats visibility should be good, Replays is good.

Bit worried about the acceleration camera thing: If I boost full 60s in my A-26B how tiny is it gonna be by the end? And how will that affect your aim?

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #59 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 401 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 June 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272346300 - Dev Vlog on "Progression 2.0" (Thx to BuckO & ikiibuu for spreading the info)

In case anyone missed this. Yes it is english translated. Thank god.

Seriously WG could have done a better job in piling up all the info into one centralized place... :facepalm:

thanks AZ for spreading that link further...

that was so cute, really

it was like watching 3 kids and the neighborhood hot mom planning a school play

at least that's what I got out of it...

:B

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

hoom #60 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3498 battles

OK I've read the stuff now, I definitely have concerns.

Certainly some interesting trade-offs which will make me think about what Equipment to take but some of them are quite annoying and I might just wind up skipping Equipment altogether in certain slots.

Means my keeper planes/premiums will be getting some extra performance, but also will make the sealclubbing issue worse.

Agree with others who question the complexity.

• In a game with a really simplified flight-model & where plane stats got 'normalised' to simplify, adding a huge chunk of complexity like this seems deeply counter-intuitive.
  • If adding complexity doing it in Equipment seems like not the best place, I think I'd rather have plane stats try to more properly match historical attributes & make the flight model a bit less arcadey.
  • Putting extra complexity in I'd have rather expected only a 2-tier level of complexity: Basic equipment and Elite equipment or something like that would fit more with the WG standards, not this huge overlapping multi-level matrix with RNG rolls & negatives to weigh/balance out.

I'd like to get more of an idea what sort of rate the Materials will be received at.

Like you get something per kill or a % per kill, a % per battle?

Will there be a limit to how many you can get per battle? ie will you get 4* more stuff for a 20 kill battle than a 5 kill battle or will it run into a limit/scaling so even a bad battle gets some, a really great battle doesn't get that much more?

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users