Map Bug Albion Attrition

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #1 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

There's a problem with the Command Center bomber flight on the Albion map in Attrition: several times today, while playing on this map, when the Northern spawn player captures the Command Center, it will not spawn any bomber flights. Only when the opposing team captures it, will it begin spawning in bombers. I overcame it in these two replays, but there was a third where it would have helped avoid defeat.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #2 Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2060 battles

That map layout has been bugged since it came out I think. There's actually quite a few layouts on Albion that make bombers bug out, like the one with two Mining Facilities on one side and two Command Centers on the other; CCs tend to send a bombing run to a neutral Mining Facility, but the bombers never drop their bombs and just get stuck there until the CC is flipped around

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3711 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostLMG, on 10 June 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

That map layout has been bugged since it came out I think. There's actually quite a few layouts on Albion that make bombers bug out, like the one with two Mining Facilities on one side and two Command Centers on the other; CCs tend to send a bombing run to a neutral Mining Facility, but the bombers never drop their bombs and just get stuck there until the CC is flipped around

You all are so observant.  Probably why I suck so bad.  I just got out and keel and don't pay attention to these details.  Probably my ADHD brain.  Some people are so good at spotting patterns but I just kinda go with the flow.  

No sarcasm, just basic reality for me.  

Lambo805 #4 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1586 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostLMG, on 10 June 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

They do actually drop bombs, which is super frustrating because it'll knock out facilities that are neutral and you can't flip it for your team, and the other team can't flip it because it keeps getting reset. When that happens I usually just leave that plant alone since nobody will capture it and focus on the other one that's being untouched and is closer to the spawn. 

I'm not overly fond of this map in general, and bugs like this just make it even less pleasant.
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I've noticed the double CC double Plant bug although I could've sworn the flight could capture the Plant for you, not leave it stuck on neutral.

This one I hadn't noticed before and I could've sworn it used to work: capping the CC was always my tactic on this map.

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
I can't remember the exact name of the map that was on albion where I experienced the CC not working. But I was playing Albion: Gordian Knot just a few hours ago and that map's CC worked. I thought it didn't due to the recent complaints about albion but that one map seems to be fine. Maybe it's on and off idk... :unsure:

Edited by ArrowZ_, 11 June 2018 - 02:53 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

LMG #7 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2060 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 10 June 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

I can't remember the exact name of the map that was on albion where I experienced the CC not working. But I was playing Albion: Gordian Knot just a few hours ago and that map's CC worked. I thought it didn't due to the recent complaints about albion but that one map seems to be fine. Maybe it's on and off idk... :unsure:

People say it only works for the South team. I can confirm it won't work if the top team gets it first, though idk if it starts to work if the south team gets it instead and then the northern team flips it around.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 11 June 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

People say it only works for the South team. I can confirm it won't work if the top team gets it first, though idk if it starts to work if the south team gets it instead and then the northern team flips it around.

As long as South takes it first, it will work as normal.

SonicPariah #9 Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
This issue was fixed at one point. There may have been some issues with one of the Updates reversing that situation and we are looking into correcting it again.

Cenotaph #10 Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2949 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 June 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

This issue was fixed at one point. There may have been some issues with one of the Updates reversing that situation and we are looking into correcting it again.

I'm willing to bet it has something to do with Attrition mode...

I'll wager that the template you used was the old bugged version of the map, not the "fixed" version that was supposed to be released a while back.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

SpiritFoxMY #11 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 June 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

As long as South takes it first, it will work as normal.

I was wrong

SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2788 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSonicPariah, on 12 June 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Good to know. I think the others have a point about using the older version of the map for Attrition

SonicPariah #13 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 June 2018 - 05:11 AM, said:

Good to know. I think the others have a point about using the older version of the map for Attrition

Theoretically this has now been corrected. I have not seen any issue, but please let me know if you have any issues moving forward.

Also tagged with Map Bug, Albion, Attrition

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users