Shout Out Thread needs to be revived

shout out thread topic header

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2578 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

There used to be a thread dedicated to "shout outs" where people could call out others for a "good job" or similar.  You know, for good gameplay, excellent results, "how the heck didja do that?" and other things of similar nature.  

I think that thread should come back as it was rarely a place for negative energy and mostly a place to recognize players for their good sportsmanship, excellent play and other positive things.  

Yes, I know, rainbows and unicorns, but when I see these type of topics in the General Gameplay Discussion, I tend to hurl as I am salty by nature.  

Just a thought, but hey, why not a Shout Out thread to engage that positive energy while those of use who thrive on sodium can focus on our mineral of choice?

Idiom Check:  Bring back the Shout Out thread so people can congratulate others.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 07 June 2018 - 04:08 AM.

clodhoppr #2 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1070 battles
  • [SF] SF

Shout Out to Bobby_Tables!!

Another good idea...

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3344 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostBobby_Tables, on 06 June 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

There used to be a thread dedicated to "shout outs" where people could call out others for a "good job" or similar.  You know, for good gameplay, excellent results, "how the heck didja do that?" and other things of similar nature.  

I think that thread should come back as it was rarely a place for negative energy and mostly a place to recognize players for their good sportsmanship, excellent play and other positive things.  

Yes, I know, rainbows and unicorns, but when I see these type of topics in the General Gameplay Discussion, I tend to hurl as I am salty by nature.  

Just a thought, but hey, why not a Shout Out thread to engage that positive energy while those of use who thrive on sodium can focus on our mineral of choice?

Idiom Check:  Bring back the Shout Out thread so people can congratulate others.  

View Postclodhoppr, on 07 June 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

Shout Out to Bobby_Tables!!

Another good idea...

Shout Out from Bobby_Tables and clodhoppr to me for being a good all around guy, and teacher.

I'm pretty sure this is how shout outs work.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 394 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 June 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Shout Out from Bobby_Tables and clodhoppr to me for being a good all around guy, and teacher.

I'm pretty sure this is how shout outs work.

shout out to the irreverent one for always making it about him

:)

edit... see, now you got two shout outs...

most shout outs in this thread in the history of this thread

huge and bigly accomplishment

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 07 June 2018 - 01:52 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 394 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 06 June 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

can we make this section you propose private to only those involved so I don't have to see it?

edit: And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 07 June 2018 - 01:58 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SlappedbyRommel #6 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1113 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Nice but where are the rainbows and unicorns I need to take a picture.:)

Bobby_Tables #7 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:56 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2578 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 07 June 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Nice but where are the rainbows and unicorns I need to take a picture.:)

They will come out when SP gets them to set up the thread.  Really, I proposed this because it would be good to have something dedicated to saying something positive if you could not say it in battle chat.  Also, it would be a place where someone like me or ACE could chose to opt out if we are not feeling really positive on a given day.  And believe me, there are days when I have nothing positive to say about the game, nor do I want to read something positive. 

Other days, I feel like flinging pixie dust over everyone still playing.    

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 394 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 07 June 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

They will come out when SP gets them to set up the thread.  Really, I proposed this because it would be good to have something dedicated to saying something positive if you could not say it in battle chat.  Also, it would be a place where someone like me or ACE could chose to opt out if we are not feeling really positive on a given day.  And believe me, there are days when I have nothing positive to say about the game, nor do I want to read something positive. 

Other days, I feel like flinging pixie dust over everyone still playing.    

mostly that's a sign of taking your afternoon dose twice...

get one of those daily pill cases and you won't ever risk being too happy,

it works

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users