what do I prioritize to win a game?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tanker_707 #1 Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:42 AM

Airman Basic

• 130 battles

Should I focus on shooting red guys?

Should I focus on shooting ground targets?

Do I capture an area by just flying in that area or do I need to shoot something?

Once the enemy captures an area,  can I get it back somehow?

I don't know how to stragitize this game, other than shooting everything that isn't' blue. 

Edited by Tanker_707, 03 June 2018 - 04:46 AM.

Tanker_707 #2 Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 130 battles

So often I respawn and have no idea where to go to work towards winning....should I go where the objective is still white, should I try to win back a red objective, should I defend a blue objective?  It's frustrating, I try to ask in chat...but bots can't reply.  

LMG #3 Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

In that order:

On Fighters, yes

On Ground Attack Aircraft and Bombers, yes

You need to shoot either hostile aircraft or ground targets. It can be a mixture of both

Yup, same way. Once captured, a sector is in lockdown for about 20 seconds. After that, all air defense aircraft and ground targets will respawn, and you will be able to capture it back :izmena:

Edited by LMG, 03 June 2018 - 05:19 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

LMG #4 Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostTanker_707, on 02 June 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

So often I respawn and have no idea where to go to work towards winning....should I go where the objective is still white, should I try to win back a red objective, should I defend a blue objective?  It's frustrating, I try to ask in chat...but bots can't reply.  

Strategy in WoWP takes a while to get used to. Sometimes it's better to go on the offensive, other times you might want to hold a sector, or maybe there's an opportunity to assault an unprotected area and flip a sector. It varies from game to game and from situation to situation within a match. You'll have to learn by experience, see what works and what doesn't. If you need some guidelines to help you out, you can watch some of the videos I post on my youtube channel. I often play the strategy game (and I'd like to think I get the strategy right more than I get it wrong :rolleyes:), so you could try and see how I go about securing sectors on my ground pounders (which is part of the reason I decided to do it :hiding:). I also post some videos on a few Multirole Fighters I own from time to time, and on them the strategy changes since they usually can't deal with ground targets as effectively, so I focus on enemy fighters instead. There's also quite a few people that often do Twitch Steams, so you can check out what they do and how it turns out in the end.

That said, as a general tip you can always attempt striking where the enemy isn't looking. Especially now on Attrition where each sector counts, making the ones that are fast to capture very valuable. I often see players dive onto a central Airbase filled with enemies, even though there's a unprotected Garrison on the other side of the map. That and you can always look for a flight mate and learn from them, or maybe even learn together :izmena::kamikaze:

Edited by LMG, 03 June 2018 - 05:30 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

pyantoryng #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:18 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles
Shoot enemies over sectors where possible. That keeps blue sectors blue and turn red sectors blue.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

WolfWiz #6 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2424 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostTanker_707, on 03 June 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

Do I capture an area by just flying in that area or do I need to shoot something?

I don't know how to stragitize this game, other than shooting everything that isn't' blue. 

Kill Command Centers or Military Bases first, Mines and Airfields second, unless only 1 Airfield. If flying GA or Bomber Ground targets and Rear Gunner is deadly with skill points invested.

If in fighter kill every thing red flying:)

ArrowZ_ #7 Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 947 battles

It's good to point out too that knowing your aircraft's role can help out understand what you're supposed to do in these modes. Conquest and Attrition are very similar except one benefits more from air kills than the other. I definitely find myself racking up more CPs with Attrition by playing to my plane's strengths and knowing which sectors to cap and hold and supporting the team etc...

The advice I give to pretty much anything related to this topic is:

1. Learn your aircraft's role - If you're into Fighters know your TnBs & BnZs and play to their strengths. Be aware of their weaknesses and adapt from that (that's how you get better overtime). GAs/Bombers rely on awareness of the map and where the teams are so you can place your GA/bomber in the best sector to maximize caps and maintain high scores. I'm sure someone with GA/bomber expertise can chime in there.

2. Learn the mode - We are currently undergoing 2 modes during this event. Attrition and Conquest. Conquest is the 2.0 base mode. Pretty simple mode, easy to learn, just gotta get your head around the different type of sectors and which one is best to cap at any given time during teh match. Remember that not all Garrisions (star-shaped icon sectors) are the best choices to capture. Sometimes A Airbase/Airfield can help out alot with respawns and repairs, or a Command Centers for AI bombers attacking other sectors, or Missile base for those rocket attacks per ground target or those mining plants for the points boost every or so minute. Attrition is under the same principle with sectors (add in the stronghold) but rely on maximizing air kills to win instead of a supremacy meter (conquest).

So get past those 2 points and you'll easily be scoring above 10k+ CPs in no time and will start to control most of your matches for wins. Just be wary though there is quite alot of RNG with these bots. So sometimes all your hard earned efforts might account for naught at times. And other times you have matches where you completely demolish the otherside because your AI just decided to be a bunch of aces in a split second. So learn what you can from these instances and use them to your advantage later on. GL on the grind :honoring:

Edited by ArrowZ_, 03 June 2018 - 12:19 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

cobra_marksman #8 Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2919 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostTanker_707, on 02 June 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

View PostTanker_707, on 02 June 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Do the basic things that these guys mentioned above. :bajan: But also remember, regardless of " what you do " and " how you do it ", sometimes it just won't control the outcome of the battle. Their are times when the game is already fixed on who's going to win the round based on the Exp. of all players in the battle. They put DumbBots :facepalm: and SuperBots :playing: on all teams, & on all rounds. You can score first out of 24 players &still lose the round.   :angry: Their are also times when you will score dead last, the bots will carry the win for you.  :rolleyes: Knowing this will sometimes help understand why you either won or lost the round.:coin:   So don't get all frustrated & upset when things don't work out as you planned them, GameMakers  at times try to throw a bone at time to new players to increase the head count around here. :medal:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 03 June 2018 - 12:56 PM.

wscarter007 #9 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3756 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Z3M has had a great series of guides a great one to start with is https://m.youtube.co...e&v=1EN3NvOnPZI

trikke #10 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2021 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 03 June 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Especially now on Attrition where each sector counts, making the ones that are fast to capture very valuable. I often see players dive onto a central Airbase filled with enemies, even though there's a unprotected Garrison on the other side of the map. 

that's a great pro tip, and a major difference between the two battle modes, Conquest and Attrition 
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Dru83 #11 Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2054 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Yes, unless you are flying a GA or bomber, downing red planes INSIDE Capture areas is the best way to capture the cap points. Bear in mind that shooting planes on the other team gives you more points per kill than shooting white or red area defense fighters

Only focus on ground targets if you are flying a bomber or ground attack plane. Otherwise, shooting down planes gives more points. Now Heavies and Multi-roles do carry bombs and rockets and you can use them to quickly destroy one or two ground targets, but you shouldn't focus on ground targets as shooting planes gives you more points.

I believe you need to shoot (not destroy though) a plane or ground target in order to get credit for capturing an area.

Of course, just fly back in once the countdown timer has ended and the defense fighters appear and then work on shooting planes or destroying ground targets to win it back.

I don't know how to strategize this game, other than shooting everything that isn't blue.

In the standard mode, conquest, shooting things that aren't in a cap doesn't do anything towards winning the game. You have to destroy planes and ground targets in a cap to win it. Then that captured area provides points for your team. When your points bar fills up all the way, your team wins.

In the current weekend mode, Attrition, shooting down enemy planes removes the enemy's points and when their points reach 0, your team wins. Capturing areas increases the amount of points the enemy loses for every plane they lose.

So often I respawn and have no idea where to go to work towards winning....should I go where the objective is still white, should I try to win back a red objective, should I defend a blue objective?  It is difficult to know what the right choice is to successfully win a cap. I look at the map to see how many enemy planes are in an area and how far the capture bar has moved over. If the enemy is about to capture the point, then there's no real reason to start heading in that direction as they will capture it before you get there, especially if the enemy heavily outnumbers your side. It is generally a good idea to either fly with a large group of friendly planes so they can support you or fly to a base where there aren't many enemy planes.

Knowing your plane's weaknesses and strengths in relation to the types of capture points is important too. For example, if I'm flying a fighter, I'm not going to attack a mine unless there is a large amount of planes there because normally, there's no defense fighters at a mine, so a fighter would be useless there. If I'm flying a low altitude plane, I'm not going to bother with a missile base unless there's a ton of planes there because the defense fighters there are high altitude heavies. If I see a bomber attacking one of my bases, I'm not going to bother flying there to defend if I'm in a low altitude plane because I'd never have a shot at reaching his altitude.

Anyway, I hope some of my ramblings there help you out. Good luck!

Edited by Dru83, 03 June 2018 - 04:58 PM.

Sassover #12 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

-WarGames (1983)

bjorn1984 #13 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2653 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostTanker_707, on 03 June 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

Shooting gives more points toward a capture than a neutral air defense plane.

Only focus on ground targets if flying a Ground Attack or Bomber. Heavy fighter has ground ordnance but don't focus on it. Ground targets is an option for a mutlirole, but based on that type of mutlirole your flying, focus on fighters first or drop ordnance and quickly move onto air targets.

Once an enemy captures a base, you can take it back after a short lock down period. It like 10-15 seconds for the lock down.
Check out my online content
Facebook: www.facebook.com/The_Mighty_Bjorn1984-525235531209893/
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJ6ptZRxCBV4MVqsOAI6TQ
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/mightybjorn1984

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users