A complete record of a real problem and how customer support does not read your ticket

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PostTraumatic #1 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:54 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1408 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

3 separate customer service techs have answered with copy paste responses which are CLEARLY not associated with my problem and honestly it is embarrassing them.  They do not read your ticket but just copy paste answers and hope you go away.  They close your ticket as fast as possible it seems and leave no way for you to re-open it if the problem is still recurring.

I have had a problem for years and I am trying again to have customer service fix it.  every time I ever tried I just got too frustrated with the endless copy/paste responses of nonsense.  My most recent attempt is exactly the same.  I am seeing no real help.  I even contacted SonicPariah about this and so far I have gotten NO real help.  To his credit, He told me over a week ago that he emailed the Dev's about this issue but so far they have not responded.  The problem is simply that I have too many contacts and all the contacts need to be purged as the chat server was not designed to work properly with many thousands of contacts.  

Those that know me know that I collected contacts to invite people to a chat channel so there was a place people could go to have general chat.  

HERE is a record of my customer service experience so far: (As things progress I will update this post.) As you can see it has been answered by a different person each time so there is not one person working on this for some reason.  I also asked for a Customer Service MANAGER to handle this and it is being ignored.

I went to the manage settings I added world of warplanes. Your directions for #2 were not clear. I will jump through all these hoops but it is not helping so far.

As I stated. Other accounts work perfectly on this computer.

THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY VIDEO CARD THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH CONTACTS

Again I am requesting this be handled by a customer service supervisor.

If this persists I will file a grievance with the Better Business Bureau in your area.

Hi PostTraumatic,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming NA support. We appreciate your time writing us back.

We appreciate your reply and your cooperation to follow the steps provided. We can see that you have a system with "hybrid" graphics.

What this means is, your computer has a low use/low power "Intel" onboard card and a more gaming based Nvidia card that launches when demand for 3D graphics goes up, like when you play World of Warplanes.

What might have happened is the game saw just the Intel card when it launched, configured settings for that card but then as demand went up the Nvidia card never "kicked in".

The problem in that instance is the game is still trying to communicate with the Intel card instead of performing the "on the fly" switch over.

We recommend that you go into the Nvidia control panel, located either on the bottom right task bar or in your Control Panel.

Once in the Nvidia control panel, select Manage 3D settings, and select Program Settings. Under 
#1, scroll to find World of Warplanes. Then under #2 Select your Nvidia graphics card. You can change your Global Settings to your Nvidia card, however, this is your own choice.

To ensure you have the most up to date Nvidia drivers, please check with your laptop manufacturer's support by visiting their website.

Thank you again for bringing this to us and thank you for contacting Wargaming support.

For frequently asked questions, please click the link below

https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Have a great day!

Yeah, I have done that a million times. I just did it again and BIG SURPRISE it did it again. NO FIX

Look take this seriously. its like you did not even read my issues and just copy/pasted a response.

I request this ticket be handled by the customer support management. If you are not going to do your job right then do not do it at all. I have played this game since closed beta and I have helped this community. You think I don't know to clear my cache? I do it daily. I stated repeatedly this problem has persisted for years and that the other players that have accounts work perfectly on this computer. Please stop playing around and get busy on a fix.

Hi PostTraumatic,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming NA Support.

We appreciate your time on responding to this ticket. We understand that you are still experiencing issue when playing World of Warplanes but don't worry allow us to assist you further on this matter.

Please try the game on clear cache: To do that open your launcher and on right corner of the play button you will see an arrow. Left click on it and select run the game with clear cache. After that please launch the game again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you for contacting Wargaming and have a great day!

I performed the steps EXACTLY as stated. Still no change.

1) This is not a new problem. This has been happening for years. I have sent tickets before and never gotten results. Hopefully YOU can fix this. It makes the game too frustrating to battle the hangar.

2) My sons account and my GF's account both work perfectly on this computer. They have very fer contacts.

3) I have thousands and thousands of contacts. Most of which do not log in any longer.

4) When I can get the game to stabilize, every time people log in and log out I get a lag spike in the hangar.

5) In matches there are no issues. This is all lag and crashes in hangar.

6) I may be the worst case scenario for your the chat server. I have added contacts since closed beta to invite them to the "PT Bar And Grill Channel". Thousands and thousands of them.

7) If I can hit battle as soon as i get logged in before the chat server tries to load then i can get in a battle. If I do not go straight into battle the chat server crashes the game while in hangar. Sometimes after coming out of battle the chat server stabilizes and my hangar is functional but again every time the contacts online number changes i get a 10 second lag spike. and I have MANY contacts in game.... So it lags the hangar BAD.

I HAVE TOO MANY CONTACTS FOR YOUR SERVERS TO HANDLE AND I HAVE NO MEANS TO EDIT MY OWN CONTACT LIST. If I do not hide all offline contacts then the game crashes immediately. SO I have to keep offline contacts hidden so i have no way to delete them. HELP.

Has your company never tested the effects of having close to 10k contacts on your game? If not then do it and you will see what its like.

Hi PostTraumatic,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support!

I understand that you are having some issue loading the chat channels on your account.

As you have mentioned your game is crashing, because of your chat list loading.

Please note that the chat server is a separate server from the game server, so we are not yet certain if the issue you mentioned above is possible or not.

We would like you to perform the following steps to ensure a complete reset of your network connection.

Close all open programs (a reboot will be necessary)

• Press Start Button (to open start menu) [On older systems, click Run]
  • type CMD and hold the left ctrl and shift buttons
  • press enter
  • release left 2 buttons

• you are now in an authorized shell - enter the following commands one at a time pressing enter after each one:

: ipconfig /flushdns
: arp -d
: netsh int ip reset c:\log.txt
: netsh winsock reset
: shutdown -r -t 0

We would also like you to power cycle you network equipment such as your router or modem.

1. Turn off and unplug all of your network devices. (modem and or network switches/routers) - and if they have a battery, please take them out.
  2. Turn off your computer.
  3. Leave them all off for 30-40 seconds.
  4. Turn them all back on and give them a few minutes to initialize and pull down some new addresses.
  5. Clear your internet browser cache.

Next please clear your DNS cache.

1. Press the START button.
  2. Select All Programs.
  3. Select Accessories
  4. Select Command Prompt. This will open a black DOS box.
  5. Now type in ipconfig/flushdns and press enter.
  6. You should see a prompt that states "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
  7. Press the "X" at the top right to close this program.

Please let us know if your game client will still crash.

We look forward to your response and assisting you in the future!

REOPEN ID 2564456: Crash to desktop/doesn't start.

You all closed the ticket too soon. Please provide people more time to respond or allow users to REOPEN their own tickets if the problem is not actually solved.

I have been sending SonicPariah messages about this issue and I believe he e-mailed the Dev's about this problem but I want to reopen this ticket as I cannot play the game as it is and it has been frustrating.

"Let me preface this. The people Call me PT. I have played since early closed beta. During CBT there was a general chat channel. When they took it out of the game I started a channel called "PT Bar & Grill". That channel stuck and it is my private channel in the game that people have used as the General Chat since then. However, in order to get people into the channel, I would have to make them a contact. So from early CBT to now I have been adding contacts. 
I think I have more contacts in my profile than any other player on this server. I know it is in the many thousands of contacts. It is so many contacts that I have to turn off "show online contacts" to OFF or my game crashes. Also, even with the offline contacts not showing the game will crash when the chat server tries to load upon initialally loading in the game. In order to get the game to stabilize, I have to log on and go into a match as soon as my plane shows, before the chat server tries to load. I can hit battle before the chat server tries to load in. 
If i get in a match before it tries to load the chat server loads in and stabilizes while I am in that match. After the first match the chat server does not crash my game. I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS FOR YEARS. I have sent tickets in the past but they never seem to understand this and always copy/paste some boilerplate response. 
My GF and my son both play this game and when they load their accounts and play on my computer the game works perfectly. 
This is seriously just an issue with me having thousands and thousands of contacts. 
So, I come to you for help. If there is a way to purge players in my contacts that have not played in over a year or two I would be ok with that. I do want contacts because I do still run the channel but I am bogged down with way too many contacts. or something. 
The PT Bar & Grill channel has been a fixture in this game since before its release. Nearly every player has been in the channel and even now I get many people in the channel. On busy nights i have over 30 people in the channel at a time. I did this to help the community and it has helped to keep what little semblance of a community that we did have together during those years when the game was languishing.

ALSO, Put the dang GENERAL CHAT back into the game!! its one of the main reasons people get bored as they have no others to chat with in-game. Tanks and Warships have general chat channels so should Warplanes. That alone would help players. The reason I made the PT Bar & Grill is because you took it from the game and the game NEEDED it. I proved that by keeping the B&G full all these years. It came at the price of me ruining my hangar experience from the lag due to the chat server lagging my game out so bad. 
So check your records. I bet I have more contacts than anyone else in NA Server.

Help me please.

Long time friend of the community, 
PT"

Edited by PostTraumatic, 03 June 2018 - 02:00 AM.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

This one must be utterly unexpected and they have equally no clue...they mustn't be expecting that little window to accept 10k+ names...

That might just need some fixing on a patch level and not individual level...but they can't figure out how to do it...that or they are reluctant to change account settings for you...

I wonder if fiddling around with ChatPref in appdata would do anything...(make a backup, as always)

Edited by pyantoryng, 03 June 2018 - 09:27 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

WolfWiz #3 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3161 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I hear you... I don't even know if it is people,or just cheap bots from the replies...Remember expecting WG to fix or listen to player input is insanity... but posting here does make others feel better knowing everyone else is getting screwed too!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpyantoryng, on 03 June 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

This one must be utterly unexpected and they have equally no clue...they mustn't be expecting that little window to accept 10k+ names...

That might just need some fixing on a patch level and not individual level...but they can't figure out how to do it...that or they are reluctant to change account settings for you...

I wonder if fiddling around with ChatPref in appdata would do anything...(make a backup, as always)

very good response, maybe worth looking into

View PostWolfWiz, on 03 June 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

I hear you... I don't even know if it is people,or just cheap bots from the replies...Remember expecting WG to fix or listen to player input is insanity... but posting here does make others feel better knowing everyone else is getting screwed too!

it's mid grade auto bot program that's been tweaked by the natives...

I personally love the names it generates, very generic American

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Moonrider #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 695 battles

Hmm. Dealing with an outlier situation, totally unanticipated by the devs. Evidence you give indicates the cause of the problem is your massively over sized contact list.

How many of those thousands of contacts do you actually chat with?

Applying common sense would indicate that deleting unneeded contacts, thereby making the list smaller, would make the problem go away. Start by deleting anyone you don't remember talking to recently.

Of course, that would mean YOU have to do something instead of sitting on your hands while letting the problem get worse as you [edited]about no one solving the problem FOR you.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMoonrider, on 03 June 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Hmm. Dealing with an outlier situation, totally unanticipated by the devs. Evidence you give indicates the cause of the problem is your massively over sized contact list.

How many of those thousands of contacts do you actually chat with?

Applying common sense would indicate that deleting unneeded contacts, thereby making the list smaller, would make the problem go away. Start by deleting anyone you don't remember talking to recently.

Of course, that would mean YOU have to do something instead of sitting on your hands while letting the problem get worse as you [edited]about no one solving the problem FOR you.

wow, just wow...

what is your problem moonbat?

he asked a legit question and you piped in complete crap...

I'm not going to waste my time explaining how utterly worthless your post was,

if you edit your post Ill drop this "Quote " for you

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
So PT is the reason why closing chat windows is a game crashing bug.:trollface:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Colddawg #8 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1702 battles
Much of the world wholeheartedly believes that WG CS is NOT ALLOWED to write their own responses, not allowed to issue punishments, and absolutely not allowed to ban people for breaking the rules.

Keep your head on the swivel.

PostTraumatic #9 Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:31 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1408 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Most Recent reply from Customer service.  (Still more boiler-plate copy paste hoops to jump through.)

HOWEVER, At the end they ask for permission to log into my account.  I will allow them to and hope this helps them.  Finally a glimmer of HOPE!

I really loathe the customer service loop you get stuck in but I do understand the volume they are dealing with.

NEED INFO

Hi PostTraumatic,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we would like to ask you to do another procedure with your network.

We'd like to try some connection maintenance to ensure your system and local internet settings are not blocking World of Warplanes. Even though you may have tried some of these steps, please repeat them with the others in order to ensure everything completes properly.

1. Turn off and unplug all of your network devices. (modem and or network switches/routers) - and if they have a battery, please them out.
  2. Turn off your computer.
  3. Leave them all off for 30-40 seconds.
  4. Turn them all back on and give them a few minutes to initialize and pull down some new addresses.
  5. Clear your internet browser cache.

Next please clear your DNS cache.

1. Press the windows key + R to open your run dialog (or start menu > run)
  2. Enter the exact command: "Ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes)
  3. Press enter.

Additionally, please make sure your antivirus software or firewall does not block the client connection with the server. During the first game start, add the game application to the trusting list.

We would also like you to ensure that you have following ports open for Worldofwarplanes.exe and WowpLauncher.exe in your antivirus/firewall/router settings:

• UDP Range: 20014 and 32801-32825
  • TCP Range: 53, 80, 443, 3128, 8081, 8088, 20000-25000, 32801, and 32803
  • Voice Chat: UDP 3478, 3479, 5060, 5062, 5222, and 12000-29999

To configure your router you might use http://portforward.com/ as reference, it contains detailed info on how to set up ports on almost any router.

Also make sure that you have added WorldOfWarplanes.exe and WOwpLauncher.exe to your Firewall/Anvi-Virus's exception/allowed lists.

Choose your Operating System and select the link below for more information on Windows Firewall:

Also, please right click on your WoWP launcher (worldofwarplanes.exe), select properties, navigate to the compatibility tab, and then select "Security." Then check the box for "Run as Administrator."

Please also navigate to this file and also set it to run as an administrator:
C:/games/World_of_warplanes/wowplauncher.exe

Lastly please ensure you have Internet Explorer 9, and that it is not set to run in offline mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages

Lastly, just run World of Warplanes and attempt to log in. If the issue still persist, kindly give us your permission to log in your account.

Please note that you won't be able to log in while we are checking your account.

We look forward to your response and assisting you in the future!  assisting you in the future!

Edited by PostTraumatic, 04 June 2018 - 02:33 AM.

pyantoryng #10 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
Bet they'll crash their clients upon logging onto your account...:trollface:

Edited by pyantoryng, 04 June 2018 - 11:49 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpyantoryng, on 04 June 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

Bet they'll crash their clients upon logging onto your account...:trollface:

it's like a built in y2k result-->go to y2k result--> go to hell loop

hehe

PT, keep us up on this and don't let them close it until fixed or we have an answer

PostTraumatic #12 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1408 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

They will crash for sure.  The only way I can play is if I hit battle immediately before the chats server loads.  I usually get a match and it is 50/50 if my game crashes after battle.  People who have flighted with me over the years know it takes forever for my hangar to load and that I often crash after matches and to wait a minute for me to get back in each time.  Not only that they need to know to be readied up as I will have to hit battle as soon as i get back or i crash again. I have to give people that disclaimer when I start flying with them.  This is exactly the reason I usually fly solo.  though I do like flying with a partner it is just too much to ask of someone else to wait like that.  

Edited by PostTraumatic, 04 June 2018 - 05:17 PM.

SonicPariah #13 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Hopefully we are able to keep working on this situation!

Got the info over to our Developers to help suss out and work on since it is a rather in-depth troubleshooting process.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:22 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSonicPariah, on 07 June 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hopefully we are able to keep working on this situation!

Got the info over to our Developers to help suss out and work on since it is a rather in-depth troubleshooting process.

not so sure this will be very hard to fix if you get the right programmer involved...

likely just purge the list of saved contacts,

oh well, just me thinking out loud

Perco_lator #15 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:26 AM

• 11 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 07 June 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

not so sure this will be very hard to fix if you get the right programmer involved...

likely just purge the list of saved contacts,

oh well, just me thinking out loud

Wishful thinking Ace, not sure we've seen the right one thus far.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #16 Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3718 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
Well,.. apparently the problem is about to be solved, ...right?... i hope so... I wanted to ask you what other information you provided in addition to the description of the problem....Did you include the files in the "Log" folder?...

pyantoryng #17 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
Doesn't look solved at all...:bajan:

comtedumas #18 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

• 5106 battles
  • [FK] FK

I have been thinking about your problem and I think I know what is happening.  I don’t think they can fix it, though.  

I think it’s a memory issue.  This game is 32 bit, not 64 bit.  With 32 bit you are limited to 4GB of ram usage, with 64 you would have a lot more memory to work with.  I think that you have a unique problem, probably nobody else has that many people in their contacts list, and with that low a limit on usable ram you are filling up what ram is available and then windows uses the HDD to store info it would usually,keep in ram.  That exchange right there is probably your lag spike, when it pages the HDD or even SDD for that information.  

And because you have this unique issue issue WG doesn’t have any idea what’s going on because they have never seen anyone put that many people in their contacts list.  

I might be wrong, but I have 20+ years in IT so I bet I am right.  

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:08 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postcomtedumas, on 11 June 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

I have been thinking about your problem and I think I know what is happening.  I don’t think they can fix it, though.  

I think it’s a memory issue.  This game is 32 bit, not 64 bit.  With 32 bit you are limited to 4GB of ram usage, with 64 you would have a lot more memory to work with.  I think that you have a unique problem, probably nobody else has that many people in their contacts list, and with that low a limit on usable ram you are filling up what ram is available and then windows uses the HDD to store info it would usually,keep in ram.  That exchange right there is probably your lag spike, when it pages the HDD or even SDD for that information.  

And because you have this unique issue issue WG doesn’t have any idea what’s going on because they have never seen anyone put that many people in their contacts list.  

I might be wrong, but I have 20+ years in IT so I bet I am right.  

seems plausible ...but,

I'm thinking that 8k contacts wouldn't use even 100mb of ram... but,

paging that many (8k) on poorly optimized software could be causing a quick bottleneck-> crash

just guessing but if they'd just take his client info and zero (replace) his contact file ...

dunno, might work

comtedumas #20 Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:19 AM

• 5106 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 11 June 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

seems plausible ...but,

I'm thinking that 8k contacts wouldn't use even 100mb of ram... but,

paging that many (8k) on poorly optimized software could be causing a quick bottleneck-> crash

just guessing but if they'd just take his client info and zero (replace) his contact file ...

dunno, might work

It all depends on what else is loaded as well as the contacts list, it might be just enough to cause an issue.  

Edited by comtedumas, 12 June 2018 - 02:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users