A quick peek at the EU/RU servers.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Joe_Manco #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3903 battles
Hi there! 
With all the talk about player numbers here on the NA server these days, I thought I'd do a little experiment.
Using a couple of my numerous alt accounts, I played a couple hours each on the EU and RU servers this morning, just to see what the numbers were there. Keep in mind this would be time-adjusted to early evening in London/Moscow time, and on an Event weekend Friday night, so take that into consideration.  I played five games in each Tier bracket on each server, 30 total games, just to get a taste.  For your boredom, I have made a chart!

EU Server...
5 T1 games in an Ar-65, humans in each game: 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 3v3, 3v3.
5 T5 games in a Bf-109E-3, humans in each game: 3v3, 1v1, 2v2, 6v6, 4v4.
5 T8 games in an Me-209A, humans in each game: 3v3, 3v3, 2v2, 2v2, 2v2.
RU Server...
5 T1 games in an I-5, humans in each game: 2v2, 1v1, 4v4, 2v2, 4v4.
5 T5 games in a MiG-3, humans in each game: 5v5, 4v4, 6v6, 5v5, 3v3.
5 T8 games in an La-9, humans in each game: 5v5, 5v5, 3v3, 2v2, 4v4.

Conclusion?  Wow, much to my surprise both the EU and RU servers' numbers are just about what NA's are, on a Friday night even.  Admittedly a VERY limited sample size, but still, don't know what to think about that one.  I have noted several times in the past on these forums how in 1.9 I'd be getting 10v10s a dozen times a night on the RU server, and the EU games were regularly busy, but that was a whole different game.  I'm not sure what this means, would more players mean they are spread out more and thus have fewer in particular battles?  Someone smarter than me surely can answer that.

Also, if someone else who has alts on other servers (I know you do...), maybe double check my figures with a test of your own?  I'd be interested to know if my experience today was normal or an outlier.
Cheers!

nwlxn12 #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
Do you recall what your wait time was for getting in those matches?

soshootmenow #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostMozasaur, on 01 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hi there!
With all the talk about player numbers here on the NA server these days, I thought I'd do a little experiment.
Using a couple of my numerous alt accounts, I played a couple hours each on the EU and RU servers this morning, just to see what the numbers were there. Keep in mind this would be time-adjusted to early evening in London/Moscow time, and on an Event weekend Friday night, so take that into consideration.  I played five games in each Tier bracket on each server, 30 total games, just to get a taste.  For your boredom, I have made a chart!

EU Server...
5 T1 games in an Ar-65, humans in each game: 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 3v3, 3v3.
5 T5 games in a Bf-109E-3, humans in each game: 3v3, 1v1, 2v2, 6v6, 4v4.
5 T8 games in an Me-209A, humans in each game: 3v3, 3v3, 2v2, 2v2, 2v2.
RU Server...
5 T1 games in an I-5, humans in each game: 2v2, 1v1, 4v4, 2v2, 4v4.
5 T5 games in a MiG-3, humans in each game: 5v5, 4v4, 6v6, 5v5, 3v3.
5 T8 games in an La-9, humans in each game: 5v5, 5v5, 3v3, 2v2, 4v4.

Conclusion?  Wow, much to my surprise both the EU and RU servers' numbers are just about what NA's are, on a Friday night even.  Admittedly a VERY limited sample size, but still, don't know what to think about that one.  I have noted several times in the past on these forums how in 1.9 I'd be getting 10v10s a dozen times a night on the RU server, and the EU games were regularly busy, but that was a whole different game.  I'm not sure what this means, would more players mean they are spread out more and thus have fewer in particular battles?  Someone smarter than me surely can answer that.

Also, if someone else who has alts on other servers (I know you do...), maybe double check my figures with a test of your own?  I'd be interested to know if my experience today was normal or an outlier.
Cheers!

Thankyou for the update.

Just as a footnote to your observations.....I had heard from another poster several months ago that not even Google Translate could keep up with the.....'dispariging'  (I guess that is the most polite word i can use).....comments about the cutover to 2.0 on the RU server. So I am not very surprised that the numbers are so low. Especially on the RU server where they had a pretty robust following in comparison to the NA server.

I also heard that there was a server covering the Southern China region that was still using 1.9 well after all of the others cut over but I dont know if that is the case anymore.

Even if it is, the ping would still probably be around 300-ish and that is even with my fios gigabit level connection that I have.

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Funny thing is. the russians believe that WOWP now is either "taken off" or in general just doing better in the NA and EU servers while the opposite is true. They now believe most changes are being made to hold onto the NA and EU server after the scapegoat of the middle russian (FVE- correct me on this?) has worn off. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Joe_Manco #5 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3903 battles
Wait times were comparable to NA times, especially for a Friday night.  Ping on RU is crazynuts, that's why I haven't played there since November or so.  I did run 3 more games on RU before I uninstalled it for the night, all in a T4 Oscar, first battle a whopping 7v7 humans but the second and third battles back to 2v2s, so who knows what the true player numbers are.   I do recall quite well back in October of last year when 2.0 was first launched over on RU that battles were in the 8v8/9v9/10v10 range most games, so it was disheartening to see how far back they've fallen since then.  I do wonder, however, if the MM algorithm is set to make smaller matches with fewer humans so the wait times are shorter?  That make any sense?  Regardless, I desperately want this game to live and grow, I've spent a fair number of rent checks on pixel planes and there is absolutely nothing else out there that comes even remotely close to what WoWP offers, even with all the wonky bugs and CTDs.   I hope WG can get their act together on this, don't take my hobby away!

trikke #6 Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2549 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMozasaur, on 02 June 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Wait times were comparable to NA times, especially for a Friday night. 
I've spent a fair number of rent checks on pixel planes and there is absolutely nothing else out there that comes even remotely close to what WoWP offers, even with all the wonky bugs and CTDs.   I hope WG can get their act together on this, don't take my hobby away!

statistically, the sample size is a bit small, but...  ty, brother!    we appreciate you!

did you see many flighted partners?      how did the general flow of the games go... exactly like ours, or was there actual teamwork and communications?

be careful with the rent checks, brother!     if not, you can park your car at Walmart and use an electric plug in the parking lot...

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Joe_Manco #7 Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3903 battles

Trikke: Gameplay on EU/RU is exactly like it is on NA, just more of it ;).  There are excellent pilots and total potatoes and a ton of people in between who can kill you on any give sortie.   Yes, a lot of flights, clans are still a big thing on RU especially, they do a lot more for their clans there than here.  As far as communications go, good luck, the space between Portugal and the Urals has 50 different languages and everyone is cussing you out in chat in all of them at once.  You do see some English, even on RU at times.  

Hey, Trikke, if you (or anyone else, really) wants to try out some mid/high tier stuff on either the EU or RU servers, drop me a PM.  I've got two accounts that I'm obviously not doing anything with anymore that I can loan out if you want to have an Italian guy in a MiG shoot you down or have some 14 year old from Kazakhstan insult your mother.  Honest offer, you might see a side of the game you didn't know existed. 

trikke #8 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2549 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMozasaur, on 03 June 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

if you want to have an Italian guy in a MiG shoot you down or have some 14 year old from Kazakhstan insult your mother. 

thank you for the kind offer, brother...  both of those sound like fun, but i'll have to pass on it for now

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Joe_Manco #9 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3903 battles

No worries, thought I'd give you first crack.  If anyone else wants to, let me know, I don't mind doing a favor for the community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users