Attrition Salt

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #41 Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 04 June 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Which is counter-intuitive. Events should spike the game population, not decrease it. 
Even the failure that was the second axis vs allies event (in 1.9) brought in players for a good few weeks instead of bleeding them. 

We don't know how Albion went...but it, Thorhammer and the preceding Japanese Invasion all offered a chance for all to win a boatload of stuff by battling for boxes. Those boxes pay gold among other things.

Not so much for this leaderboard thing which is a timesink for a good part.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

CorvusCorvax #42 Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1321 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postshirime, on 03 June 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

I don't know where the "1.X was always 15v15 humans"; I didn't play after about 1.3, I was too involved in other games at the time and frankly, didn't like it too much, but I'm given to understand that by late in the day (1.7-1.8-1.9) it was pretty much the same 40-50 die-hards playing each other all the time with plenty of bots, just like most games which struggle with player acquisition and retention. I've been one of those die-hards in several games, I just don't want this one to go that way too.

I played in the pre-1.5 days, and I will tell you that at low tier, there were plenty of times I saw 15 v. 15.  And even more times I saw 8 v. 8.  And quite a few times I waited in the mid-tier for matches, then quit because of long wait times, and went back down to low tier.  It was seal-clubber paradise back then.  

Anyone who claims it was always 15 v. 15 at all tiers is a liar.  

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 04 June 2018 - 02:28 PM.

SlappedbyRommel #43 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1354 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Well the curse of the GA in this game mode played against and IL20 man I have to admit I think his name was LoudTube or something like that he showed us how to play it well he keep capturing caps even though we had a RB17 and a fighter against him. When you get behind 2 to 1 up to 4 to 1 on resources you really feel the GA when they do the job. When you can not recover it makes it very disappointing in this game mode for your team so much so you just may end up in tier 2 lol.

SpiritFoxMY #44 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2165 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 05 June 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

Well the curse of the GA in this game mode played against and IL20 man I have to admit I think his name was LoudTube or something like that he showed us how to play it well he keep capturing caps even though we had a RB17 and a fighter against him. When you get behind 2 to 1 up to 4 to 1 on resources you really feel the GA when they do the job. When you can not recover it makes it very disappointing in this game mode for your team so much so you just may end up in tier 2 lol.

Its even worse when you're in a two-Goblin flight and you see a full set of three human IL-40Ps and your only other human is in an F-84B.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

trikke #45 Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2013 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 June 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Its even worse when you're in a two-Goblin flight and you see a full set of three human IL-40Ps and your only other human is in an F-84B.

that was a nightmare battle, but we still had fun

we should have just stayed high and lured all of their bots up to our level 

for some silly reason, i thought that we could somehow prevent that bunch of all-star pros from insta-capping every sector

it was a loss from the first minute of that battle, and they knew it, we knew it

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

hoom #46 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3538 battles

Dunno what the OP is really on about.

I skipped last weekend.

But I've been playing a bunch this weekend and I haven't yelled 'You F****** C***' at the screen as much since the days when I played a lot of WoT lol.

Mostly at certain damn bots chasing me down from all over the map though, not noticed any particular salt from other players.

This game mode is pretty stressful for some reason.

Massive points earning potential though, got 26k with 31 kills in the La-9 (T7 battle with only 1 enemy player though).

Disappointing the female pilot is only top 10, pretty offputting.

With 500k points I'm currently 56th which does make the 10 seem possible, yet I see the bottom of top 10 is nearly 1.4mil very very far away.

Edit: Regarding player hunting this mode does significantly encourage prioritising killing players & player bots over defense bots, I've quite frequently dived through a bunch of defense bots to get to players or player bots where I'd normally be likely to take the easy defense bot kills first.

Also player bots seem to be more inclined to actively kill stuff on your tail, amazing how many times I've been saved from A6M/Spitfires etc that would have easily killed my lower agility plane :)

Edited by hoom, 11 June 2018 - 02:19 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

trikke #47 Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2013 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posthoom, on 10 June 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Also player bots seem to be more inclined to actively kill stuff on your tail, amazing how many times I've been saved from A6M/Spitfires etc that would have easily killed my lower agility plane :)

i've long ago given up on pressing the F7 'i need help' key...  are you pressing it in your situations?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #48 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1321 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttrikke, on 10 June 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

i've long ago given up on pressing the F7 'i need help' key...  are you pressing it in your situations?

Your bots have to be fairly near you.  Like within 1000m.  It is helpful if you stick with a couple of bots.  I always make the mistake of once the first cap is taken, NOT following my bots to the next cap they decide on.  If they decide they want to take an airfield, and I'm in a GAA, I stand a better chance if I go with them.  As with the goggles, the F7 does nothing.

LMG #49 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 June 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Your bots have to be fairly near you.  Like within 1000m.  It is helpful if you stick with a couple of bots.  I always make the mistake of once the first cap is taken, NOT following my bots to the next cap they decide on.  If they decide they want to take an airfield, and I'm in a GAA, I stand a better chance if I go with them.  As with the goggles, the F7 does nothing.

In my case I usually try to help the bots secure neutral sectors if they're not engaged in combat with the enemy team. Bot fighters aren't the best at securing sectors on their own until like tier 7-8. If they're fighting the enemy team, I just try for any sector that's not being guarded by a player, or that at least will give me a chance to bail when things go wrong. That last part also plays into why I actually like the P-47B, as I can just boost or dive away from bad odds :child:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

CorvusCorvax #50 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1321 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLMG, on 10 June 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

In my case I usually try to help the bots secure neutral sectors if they're not engaged in combat with the enemy team. Bot fighters aren't the best at securing sectors on their own until like tier 7-8. If they're fighting the enemy team, I just try for any sector that's not being guarded by a player, or that at least will give me a chance to bail when things go wrong. That last part also plays into why I actually like the P-47B, as I can just boost or dive away from bad odds :child:

Having a fast plane to get out of Dodge is nice.  I have been bitten so often by thinking "Hey, my bots have this" that I finally have it figured out that they need me to hold their hand the whole way, oh and while they are at not doing anything useful, at least they can distract the red team a little.  :)

LMG #51 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 June 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Having a fast plane to get out of Dodge is nice.  I have been bitten so often by thinking "Hey, my bots have this" that I finally have it figured out that they need me to hold their hand the whole way, oh and while they are at not doing anything useful, at least they can distract the red team a little:)

Now you're starting to think like a proper GAA'er :teethhappy:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users