Attrition Salt

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

_Bruiser_ #1 Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4386 battles

There has been a huge change in player attitudes about the game since last weekends Attrition mode.

I fell in love with the game again around November, even with all of the added features, because of the way the community was treating each other. GG's and o7's almost every match, win or lose. The streaming community was great, helpful to new ppl and respectful of each other. This past weekend has really changed that.

Streamers.....Your content is completely up to you and I know I have no say on anything you do but, please realize that you are in a position to influence your viewers. Being positive and upbeat will trickle down and grow your viewers to be the same. On the other hand, being negative will influence them to be negative also. This week has been full of talk about things that just simply aren't true.

1. WG DOES NOT cater to the top ten. Does this even make sense? How would they know who would be in the top ten before it started? Amazing this is even a thought.

2. GAA and Bombers need a nerf. No they don't. Players need to learn how to counter them instead of wanting an easy way out by nerfing. Btw, if they are so easy why aren't YOU playing them? I'm personally stuck at the t7's, and don't even have the ones that are useful.

3. Player hunting. If I am defending my teams cap and you are trying to flip it, of course I am going to hunt you. You are much more effective at flipping a cap than any bot. Same the other way, if I'm trying to flip a cap and you are defending it, I will target you first because you are much more effective at defending than any bot. All of this isn't "hunting", it's called winning. Hunting is chasing humans with no regard to winning, losing, or any objective.

4. Shaming. Actually looking up a player stats after you lose and trying to shame them is so child-like. ANYONE'S stats can be looked at in a negative light, so be careful this same thing doesn't come back to also affect you.

I did just barely make the top ten at number 9. Even though I had to work 20 of the available 55 hours of mode time. The point here I guess, is quality over quantity. I just maximized my score each match. 161 attrition mode matches for 2,011,245 personal points, not the greatest, but decent enough to make the top ten. Keep track this weekend and try to get quality over quantity.

Anyway, I wasn't going to post or say anything, but I saw such great potential in the friendly player base thus far and to see it take a turn bothers me.

Thx

Edited by _Bruiser_, 31 May 2018 - 06:27 PM.

Ni4Ni_1 #2 Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 7776 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
totally agree !!!!!

Edited by Ni4Ni_1, 31 May 2018 - 06:28 PM.

LMG #3 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2388 battles

Personally I think the German Bombers could use a buff, either with better recharge time on their bombs or better turrets so they don't have to literally kiss the sky just to have a shot at staying alive.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

bjorn1984 #4 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2662 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Yeah I seen a bit of salt from some people. Bit more salt that I would have expected, but for the most part I was up for the challenge. I ended up in slot 105, and I was happy. I felt it was a well deserved spot for how much I played. Honestly, I finished better than expected. Also need to tip my hat off the the guys that got a top 10 finish. You guys must have really busted nuts to make that happen. Also for anyone being salty about the event. Welcome to the big boy leagues. Tough life in warplane my man. :trollface:

Edited by bjorn1984, 31 May 2018 - 07:17 PM.

Check out my online content
Facebook: www.facebook.com/The_Mighty_Bjorn1984-525235531209893/
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJ6ptZRxCBV4MVqsOAI6TQ
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/mightybjorn1984

bjorn1984 #5 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2662 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLMG, on 31 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Personally I think the German Bombers could use a buff, either with better recharge time on their bombs or better turrets so they don't have to literally kiss the sky just to have a shot at staying alive.

Yeah I felt German bombers very lack luster over the A26 or even the tier 3 Bledheim bomber when I tried them awhile ago.

nwlxn12 #6 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View Postbjorn1984, on 31 May 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Also for anyone being salty about the event. Welcome to the big boy leagues. Tough life in warplane my man. :trollface:

I know this event and those like it are all we have, but it is only minor league.  Add clan battles and then you will have your big boy league.

bjorn1984 #7 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2662 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Attrition mode in a clan vs clan setting? Challenge accepted :playing:

Cyberdog52 #8 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 819 battles
I agree with everything you said and congratulations on reaching the top 10.

Prenzlau #9 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6772 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Block Quote

2. GAA and Bombers need a nerf. No they don't. Players need to learn how to counter them instead of wanting an easy way out by nerfing. Btw, if they are so easy why aren't YOU playing them? I'm personally stuck at the t7's, and don't even have the ones that are useful.

I agree! Players need to play ground attack planes and bombers to understand them. It is simply a learning curve, like anything else. No nerfs are needed. As for the German bombers, in the historical war they flew in formations were they could cover each other as much as possible. The lone bomber against an interceptor, especially a heavy is at a disadvantage, or is it? If you fly a bomber like a bot does, then yes, if you employ useful tactics, the bomber becomes a real weapon. 

Good post. 

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 31 May 2018 - 08:08 PM.

The Zigfreid & Prenzlau Bombing Company

"We're not just delivering the mail..."

Trophy_Wench #10 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1347 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
Well said _Bruiser_

CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPrenzlau, on 31 May 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

The lone bomber against an interceptor, especially a heavy is at a disadvantage, or is it? If you fly a bomber like a bot does, then yes, if you employ useful tactics, the bomber becomes a real weapon. 

Depends on what those "useful tactics" are, I suppose.  ;)

Reitousair #12 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

• 7429 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hmm, though I did manage to give up my life slot in at lucky number seven on the top ten, I haven't heard much about any salt being flung around. Maybe it's because I'm largely out of the loop in the WoWp community though I did hear about some people getting mighty mad when they ran into one of my mates. Still, guess for discussions sake perhaps I should try and play devils advocate here. 

1) This argument can be made because "only elite pilots" or people with large amounts of free time can get onto the top 10, so I guess you could say the system is biased towards dedicated players over skilled players (though in practice you need to be both if you wanted to climb and stay on the top 10 without working 24/7).

2) GAA/Bombers can be really tough classes to counter depending on how they're used, skilled pilots in them can prove uncounterable (especially a well-flown RB-17,) or even if you do counter them they will likely have had their bots do a ton of work in your absence. Generally speaking GAA/Bombers are the easiest two classes of aircraft to get into, just go pew pew at the ground, however the skill ceiling for them seems to be immensely high, far beyond what most people think.

3) If you're killing players, then you're preventing them from racking up score for the leaderboards, isn't that mean? Maybe they weren't going to attack you and let you farm points but you just had to go and ruin their fun?

4) Ohhh good ole stats shaming, perhaps this can be used to try and give some solace for the fact you got decimated by them by insulting their statistics. I know I've been called a GA purist as an insult due to my high GA usage (even though I fly pretty much everything, just mostly LF's/GA,) because the enemy team got beaten so badly and they believed they were so good that it was all "abusing an OP plane" rather than their inferior tactics, skill, or luck.

Still I haven't heard much about this negativity as of late, all's what I know is that there's a lot of cynical people who like to banter every now and again, not mountains of salt piling up from people being angry that they unfortunately couldn't get have Mary piloting their U.S. aircraft.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Perco_lator #13 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

• 11 battles

Seems more like your comments are directed at a single person(streamer) under the guise of being a community issue.

If you don't agree or like what someone else has to say the simple solution is don't listen to or watch them.

Edited by Perco_lator, 31 May 2018 - 09:51 PM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPerco_lator, on 31 May 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Seems more like your comments are directed at a single person(streamer) under the guise of being a community issue.

If you don't agree or like what someone else has to say the simple solution is don't listen to or watch them.

I don't know about the OP, but I had several folks call me a cheater this last weekend.  And I know at least one of my clan mates had a pretty long chat stream of invective directed his way.

I seriously doubt this is about one person.

_Bruiser_ #15 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4386 battles

No, not a single person and I no longer do. Your last sentence is golden btw, will you use your own advice ?

Perco_lator #16 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

• 11 battles

View Post_Bruiser_, on 31 May 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Your last sentence is golden btw, will you use your own advice ?

Yes.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

mnbv_fockewulfe #17 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

Captain

• 259 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Persha's philosophy when listening to it's players. :trollface:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

trikke #18 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2557 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

even with the above reported salt, this game and the forums are still the most civil of the WG titles, as far as i know

it could actually be the one gaming oasis on the internet...  who really knows

i'm pleased and proud to be here, proud to call myself one of you

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

WdoMkr #19 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 1057 battles

Agreed on everything you said Bruiser... 

Would it be nice to see things pop off on my days off... sure... but lets face it...majority of the populace have weekends off... its when the most people can be grinding making it more of a challenge... not to many people can grind out a top 10 on thursday-friday, wich are my days off... good for ME.. haha.. but not realistic..

As for the fella that played devils advocate and even MENTIONED letting someone farm for easy points... for shame sir or madame... for shame

I dont care to have "Mary" flying my plane... she adorns the nose of it with her beauty ;)

Edited by WdoMkr, 01 June 2018 - 02:30 AM.

ArrowZ_ #20 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:38 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Interesting... Alot of these points can also be applied to conquest. I like attrition cause its "ez mode". Point nose > Shoot target > Kill ~ Rinse/repeat = Lots & lots of points! Good for exp/silver grinds :coin:

This isn't also the first time this has happened. It's quite popular across many MMO's due to its competitive nature and WOWP is just that (not the popular part). Except heavily dumbed down because of bot AIs. The head hunting thing has been around longer than I have joined this game. I simply look at it as part of the game and you either live with it or you do the same thing - head hunt them back! Ofcourse I agree with the point that its justifiable if done to maximize holding those sectors and taking out the most dangerous opponents (I do this quite often!) - Because I want to win. And so does the other side. And if you encounter certain individuals who will chase you from one corner of the map to the next so be it! Let them! The least you can do is drag them into your team bots and let them have it so you can return to being productive in the match and contribute - instead of taking the "whine" approach. Ofcourse alot of these can be escalated when ingame chat becomes active towards head hunting. Now that's where it gets really interesting. 

About the player stats & shaming part: This part of the game died a long time ago when the devs put in the bots. It holds very little weight into how "good" the players actually are. You want to rely on stats to gauge the player's skill? Look at the stats before 1.x release. That's where it actually mattered because at that time it was all 15v15 players battles. With 2.0 the best way to gauge a player's skill is how well they contribute to the team in Combat points & attacking/maintaining those sectors and being able to adapt to situations where you're at a constant RNGfest with these bots. And also how well they use their aircraft's role into the game mode. There's no point in clinging to these stats in 2.0 because they're heavily inflated by these bot kills. And you also got the whole flight debacle. Ofcourse your stats are going to be even greater with flights against 90% bots. That's obvious!

Just enjoy the game for what it is. I gather it doesn't have long at the rate they are going in the current direction. Not sure what I will choose to play that is in a similar genre if this title shuts down tbh. There's that other game but.... nah. I'd have to take a really long break to stomach another poorly developed WWII aviation MMO like that one.

/opinions

Edited by ArrowZ_, 01 June 2018 - 02:40 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users