What happened to the good old fashioned Random Battles?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

torpsRus #1 Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 23 battles
So years and years ago when I very first started playing this game, just after the release of it after closed beta was over.  There was just good old fashioned random battles.  What the heck happened to the game?

pyantoryng #2 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1444 battles
Life expectancy is way too low for Planes so they had to accommodate respawn somehow...:sceptic:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Random battles are no longer a thing because "bombers". Respawn is a thing because flight model and gun changes (gunning is too easy and evasive maneuvers don't work). 

Without respawn, a match would last 30 seconds max.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

torpsRus #4 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 23 battles
Well I don't play as many games in one day as I use to.  I'm on a different account then when I first started yes.  But the game modes that have changed dramatically over the years have some what well I hate to say turned me off of actually sitting down and playing the game.  Looks like the developers decided to listen to more of the cry babies than anything else.

CorvusCorvax #5 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSuperSpud1, on 31 May 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Looks like the developers decided to listen to more of the cry babies than anything else.

Was this part meant to be ironic?

torpsRus #6 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 23 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 May 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Maybe just a little bit.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 May 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

It's true though.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

torpsRus #8 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 23 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 31 May 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's true though.

I know it's true mostly the reason I don't even play much at all anymore.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

So, to get it changed, folks should what?  Whine harder?

pyantoryng #10 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:56 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1444 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 June 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

It doesn't matter either way...it's Russians they listen to. Only time WG listened to NA was getting an MM that doesn't make people wait for tens of minutes...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 404 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 June 2018 - 05:18 AM, said:

View Postpyantoryng, on 31 May 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

It doesn't matter either way...it's Russians they listen to. Only time WG listened to NA was getting an MM that doesn't make people wait for tens of minutes...

we need to whine in russian

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1700 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Эта игра отстой! Верните Deathmatch! Долой ныть! Смерть Джинглсу!

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SonicPariah #13 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 268 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 May 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Whining doesn't help a lot. Constructive ideas on how to better the game do. As does understanding that we are about a month out from changes at any given time. Once I hear and see the feedback, I make sure it gets to Dev with as much info as possible.

View Postpyantoryng, on 01 June 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

I am here and reading/passing on all feedback. Constructive ideas help a lot more than just complaining. (for future reference. The current issues have been noted.)

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 June 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

Эта игра отстой! Верните Deathmatch! Долой ныть! Смерть Джинглсу!

Что Джингл сделал с тобой? Ваши отзывы отмечены.

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSonicPariah, on 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Whining doesn't help a lot. Constructive ideas on how to better the game do. As does understanding that we are about a month out from changes at any given time. Once I hear and see the feedback, I make sure it gets to Dev with as much info as possible.

I am here and reading/passing on all feedback. Constructive ideas help a lot more than just complaining. (for future reference. The current issues have been noted.)

What the russians choose to do with the feedback is unfortunately out of your control. 

Just look at the 2.0 feedback thread.

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 January 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

You're ignoring a few core issues with the UI.

The field of view of the camera was reduced as well as the maximum distance away from the plane.

The target aspect window was removed.

The minimap was removed and replaced by a radar than when fully zoomed out only shows 1/3 of the map (you also have to manually zoom in to see who is within high threat distance).

Blue/white freaking ally/neutral colors on a blue/white freaking sky (nuff said).

The ability to change marker opacity was removed (before, high transparency markers meant far distance=low threat, now all markers have the same full opaqueness regardless of distance=high threat info overload).

Gun sights have a distinct "lock into aiming mode" that disrupts the flow of changing focus from flying to aiming (there should be no difference, you have to fly the plane in the direction you want to shoot).

Most useful info is shown in alt mode, expect the useful info in normal mode is hidden in alt mode (this is why I don't have press alt once).

The player bars (a la WoT) were removed from the sides of the screen so it's now harder to prioritize  or gauge how the battle is going in so far as how many players are alive at any given point.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SpiritFoxMY #15 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1700 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSonicPariah, on 07 June 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

TheMightyJingles is the betè noir of the veteran community in general. Before your time XD I was just being facetious but putting a more deathmatch-y mode into the game would be nice. I do love Attrition already

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

CorvusCorvax #16 Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSonicPariah, on 06 June 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yeah, well, the majority of the complaint is that the game is no longer 1.x, or so it seems.  The 1.x gameplay, for me, was fine, and the 2.x gameplay, for me, is also fine.  My suggestion to the developers would be to allow us to customize our user interface to display (or not display) the same sorts of info we used to be able to display in 1.x, in colors that are meaningful to us.  For myself, I like a green HUD.  Just as an example.  Yes, I know there's an add-on by a third party, but that's just one aspect of the UI that I sometimes find frustrating.

pyantoryng #17 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1444 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 07 June 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

TheMightyJingles is the betè noir of the veteran community in general. Before your time XD I was just being facetious but putting a more deathmatch-y mode into the game would be nice. I do love Attrition already

One of the many culprits of WoWP's ending up stillborn...yes, too many things happened all at once during WoWP's launch that contribute to it becoming forgotten and zombified...:unsure:

One life with life expectation of less than 30 seconds on contact wasn't very appealing and people just give up outright...and people are reluctant to get help......

chromeburn #18 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

Thanks guys... I used to play WoWP constantly.  I loved the idea of bombers but, too many arcade changes and bots made it unplayable.  I miss my purchased birds but uninstalled due to it not being particularly interesting anymore and often just frustrating.  I'm happy to see I'm not the only one missing the old days.

Stick to it thought, it's a beautiful game!

I'll be at sea, making many mistakes in Russian DD's and giggling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users