Grinding the Russian GAA line is a drag.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #41 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

Well, I played the stupid thing for the rest of the evening.  I say stupid, because I lost every battle, even when I stuck to the program and just blew up ground targets, and focused on flipping caps.  I was matched against flights of fighters every time, and some obviously ace-level bots.  When their bots finish with 8-10k points, SOMETHING is going on.

I did learn something very important - never leave your bots to finish off the last ten capture points.  I thought they could get it done without me, and I was wrong.  Also, don't shoot down the red GAA bots until you clean up what they start.  At the end, when the cap is almost taken, then finish them off in-zone to take the cap.

T5 humans that still haven't figured out the bomb-trap and/or ram attack?  Hmmmm.

You get high tier players getting bombtrapped occasionally...ahh, the days when players still walk the earth...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #42 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2379 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 08 June 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Well, I played the stupid thing for the rest of the evening.  I say stupid, because I lost every battle, even when I stuck to the program and just blew up ground targets, and focused on flipping caps.  I was matched against flights of fighters every time, and some obviously ace-level bots.  When their bots finish with 8-10k points, SOMETHING is going on.

I did learn something very important - never leave your bots to finish off the last ten capture points.  I thought they could get it done without me, and I was wrong.  Also, don't shoot down the red GAA bots until you clean up what they start.  At the end, when the cap is almost taken, then finish them off in-zone to take the cap.

T5 humans that still haven't figured out the bomb-trap and/or ram attack?  Hmmmm.

Sounds about right:

Don't blame your GAA, blame the bots and/or team :trollface:. And yea, you can bombkill people all the way to the top, though you have to get them close enough and that's not always easy :bajan:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Edward_Thache #43 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1185 battles

If you enter the German GAA line thinking that all GAA are alike then you are mistaken.  If you look at LMG's post earlier this week he demonstrated very well that both the Ju87 and the Ju88P are great planes to fly.  You just have to play within their specific parameters.   I have trouble with the T7 German GA because it's too fast and usually in the mountains.  

Edited by Edward_Thache, 08 June 2018 - 04:31 PM.

LMG #44 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2379 battles

View PostEdward_Thache, on 08 June 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

If you enter the German GAA line thinking that all GAA are alike then you are mistaken.  If you look at LMG's post earlier this week he demonstrated very well that both the Ju87 and the Ju88P are great planes to fly.  You just have to play within their specific parameters.   I have trouble with the T7 German GA because it's too fast and usually in the mountains.  

I thought this was about the Soviet GAAs, though :unsure:. But yea, half of the German GAA can do their job without much trouble, and even then the other half can still get something done. However, the tier V & VI German GAAs I do feel need a buff to properly secure sectors, as they can't really try to keep up with a decent soviet GAA. Hell, both the BSh-2 and the IL-2 (mod.) makes a better Hs 129 B than the actual Hs 129 B, with the Duck only having a little better top speed and 10 extra seconds of boost as its only tangible advantage, which I don't consider a worthwhile tradeoff for having mediocre forward guns and even worse bombs that reload just as fast as the far superior Soviet FAB-100. God forbid you try to use the 37mm cannon instead :ohmy:

Edward_Thache #45 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1185 battles

View PostYagabodooN, on 06 June 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

I found the German GA line very boring but then I got the 265 and now I have a fun little super heavy fighter that I mess around in from time to time. 

I'm sorry. I should have quoted in my reference to German GA's.

Edited by Edward_Thache, 08 June 2018 - 06:20 PM.

CorvusCorvax #46 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLMG, on 08 June 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Don't blame your GAA, blame the bots and/or team :trollface:

Oh, I have plenty of problems of my own without having to deal with ace bots or flighted human enemies that know which airplane they need to target.  LOL.  My bots WERE pathetic.  They not only didn't finish, they got shot down in-zone to flip the cap the other way.  [facepalm]

I had a few first-place finishes, one of them at 12k points, where we lost.  I spent all game flying around flipping caps blue, only to fly away and see them turn red again before I was even half way to the next zone.  One of those loses I had a sweet tail-shot on a P-38 that did a boom and zoom, but forgot that with a GAA, you want to actually zoom.  Come down from on top, get your shots in, get out.  Two shots from the 37s ruined his whole day.  Heck, if I'd have had rockets, I might have even tried that.  :)

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 08 June 2018 - 06:51 PM.

CorvusCorvax #47 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postpyantoryng, on 08 June 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

You get high tier players getting bombtrapped occasionally...ahh, the days when players still walk the earth...

I will say this - I have occasionally flown near the tail of a higher-tier GAA with my HFs - because I am taking a bet that they have expended their bombs, and I need to snuff them out before those bombs reload!  If I bet wrong, BOOM.  If I bet right, goodbye, GAA.

LMG #48 Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2379 battles

I decided to also get the IL-2 back to see how it has aged. Currently running the 23s over the 37s so I have an excuse to use the plane over the IL-2 (t), and it's still quite a beast. Even got my first accidental 2.0 bombkill with it after an ADA got too close for comfort :medal:

GonerNL #49 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 800 battles

I absolutely hated the Bsh-2 and IL-2 while grinding and only continued because of the IL-2 (t) and beyond ... but I recently got back the Bsh-2 (Tsh-3 doesn't do a lot of damage) and now I love it ;-)

Also recently got the IL-10 (skipped it at first to take the IL-8) and that's a whole new type of GA, quite fast and nimble.

Flying on EU and NA server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users