• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #1 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Like I said in Bjorn's Attrition thread:

Rather than offering unique gifts to the guys with the top of the Leaderboard that actually have an impact on gameplay like special planes and pilots, why not offer some sweet cosmetic loot instead? Maybe give the top 10 pilots for any given leaderboard a temporary "Champion's Paint Set" with unique Camo, Nose Art and Logos to stick on their planes for the rest of the week (along with more tangible rewards like Gold and free XP maybe).

Personally, I think the whole idea of a leaderboard is great, but I also think that offering unique loot with real, in-game benefits to the top players is really off-putting to the rest of the community, many of whom simply don't have the time to invest into the game over the limited windows of time these events are run in. 

My suggestion: make unique rewards something that can be attained over an unlimited amount of time by completing a series of challenges - much like in World of Tanks's unique reward tanks like the German T-55A. That way, those of us with - shall we say, real life - things to deal with don't feel like we're getting a raw deal. We can still get this stuff - it'll just take more time to get it.

At the same time, leaderboard players get to strut their stuff and show off their shiny Champion's camo and logos. Maybe even unique reskins of a champion's airplane? Maybe the top 10 get access to unique versions of their preferred mount? It doesn't give them anything new to play with that the rest of us can't get our hands on but it looks BADASS. So they can peacock all they want in front of the rest of us but we don't go away feeling like parts of the game are only available to players with the loads of free time to throw at it.

Heck, make the leaderboard permanent and have a permanent free paint set proclaiming ACE OF ACES 2018 to the guys topping an annual leaderboard or something. Reward people, yes, but don't exclude the rest of us from gameplay content.

I don't like the idea of basing leaderboards off people's PPs either but that's a discussion for a different thread.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:49 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 950 battles

The problem with these events is the time frame. Weekends only is a good way to piss off the other regulars who play the other days of the week. I get why they do it. It's the most active time for this title where most people get on the weekend and have a bit of fun. And they'd be lucky enough if a few players try out this event. Just again shooting themselves in the foot when not making it available across the week or at a wider length in availability for these events. Which should be the direction moving forward for these events. But opinions. You know how they are. That's mine. I still enjoy attrition though. Great mode. Don't really care much for this leader board stuff. It's just like somebody else stated before. Whoever has the most time on the weekend pretty much wins this event and there's nothing wrong with that. Just would like to have the option to keep playing attrition more & not have this restriction where you CANNOT play conquest above tiers 4... Very silly event structure.

But what do I know :unsure:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Reitousair #3 Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5929 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

I think the special rewards like the valkyries being person missions or mini-campaigns is a mighty fine idea, maybe they could be those operations that have yet to come out?

I also agree with the idea that the leaderboards should be reserved for resources and cosmetics, not assets. At the same time it could be fun if there were leaderboards where you could earn premium aircraft that are readily available, maybe have an event to get a free Messerspit if you're in the top 10 along with a 5-point pilot to boot or gold equivalent if you already have it. However giving away extremely limited things like let's say planes that will never go on the store/available for purchase in-game or special pilots is a tad unfair. Another idea with this is planes obtainable by event-only that keep on getting re-ran a lot during events so you have a chance to get them, and if you already have it then you get gold equivalent and the next person behind the reward tier gets the plane. So if it was top 10 but 7/10 top 10 pilots already had the plane, then it would give 11th-17th the planes, if they already had it then 18th-25th and so on.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostReitousair, on 29 May 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

I think the special rewards like the valkyries being person missions or mini-campaigns is a mighty fine idea, maybe they could be those operations that have yet to come out?

I also agree with the idea that the leaderboards should be reserved for resources and cosmetics, not assets. At the same time it could be fun if there were leaderboards where you could earn premium aircraft that are readily available, maybe have an event to get a free Messerspit if you're in the top 10 along with a 5-point pilot to boot or gold equivalent if you already have it. However giving away extremely limited things like let's say planes that will never go on the store/available for purchase in-game or special pilots is a tad unfair. Another idea with this is planes obtainable by event-only that keep on getting re-ran a lot during events so you have a chance to get them, and if you already have it then you get gold equivalent and the next person behind the reward tier gets the plane. So if it was top 10 but 7/10 top 10 pilots already had the plane, then it would give 11th-17th the planes, if they already had it then 18th-25th and so on.

Check you logic privileges.  
Only one good idea allowed per thread. :popcorn:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users