Calling all old beta testers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

The ones that left with the new version that is like I did.

I played a few here and there since the change and didn't like it very much and rarely played.

So a couple nights ago I tried out this attrition mode and have to admit I loved it and it has me back playing again even if I haven't figured it all out yet. You get a lot of steady flying time per match and this is the stablest I have seen the game in a long time with a steady FPS of 58 and not a single crash in 2 days.

I have been flying mostly my fighters as I figure out the bomber roles but I did bang off a few rocket and bomb kills with my IL-2t as I slipped into an old habit of useing them as a fighter.

So Flak and all you other guys that left but still read the forum may want to give this mode a shot and the tailgunner targeting feature is tricky and will take some time to perfect but its deadly if you dont crash into the ground trying to finish off someone on your six.

Gotta admit! I'm glad my favourite flying game is fun again!

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1626 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Nice !.... good to have you back ...enjoy and see you in the skies !

W_W

Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 28 May 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Nice !.... good to have you back ...enjoy and see you in the skies !

W_W

I'm a joystick flyer and had to remap the whole thing back to my old settings and it took a long time but now I got it tweaked and back to normal.

Seems to me that mid and low altitude are where all the action is as I tried going high in a few of my jets like I used to only to be chased and shot down before I could do anything or get high enough to get on top of an incoming enemy or a high speed zoom and boom on someone below hitting G.T.'s. so for now untill I figure it out I just protect the bombers and other fighters doing the same.

I know how to fly,just have to relearn the game.

I get into a lot of furball turnfights though....just like the old days!

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 28 May 2018 - 11:45 PM.

Colddawg #4 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1582 battles
The game is definitely geared towards arcade gameplay a lot more.  The XF-90 is now useless and no one plays it, and the ceiling cap is a bit low, but other than that the game is enjoyable.

Keep your head on the swivel.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 399 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Gotta admit! I'm glad my favourite flying game is fun again!

I guess it's all about having a proper frame of mind

attrition is the best of all game modes

still chuck...

you know deep down we'd much rather be playing 1.4

I still play a few games a week...

but I also play MS minesweeper here and there too

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FlakValleyExpress #6 Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

Captain

• 22 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

So Flak and all you other guys that left but still read the forum may want to give this mode a shot and the tailgunner targeting feature is tricky and will take some time to perfect but its deadly if you don't crash into the ground trying to finish off someone on your six.

First off I was never an Alpha or Beta pilot. I am just a pilot that wants to fly a true WoWP. Occasionally I test play a few games to see if improvements have been made to the current WoWP for my specs. However the list of things that turned me off is big in playing WoWP now. If the RU woWP developers don't fly in the game, why should I?

If you like the game, fly it. For me now, I am not talking you out of it. See you in the sky. :honoring:

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

oldiowaguy #7 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Uhh no, I'll pass.

SonicPariah #8 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 268 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Welcome back! Glad to have you!

One good pilot in the sky is worth more than ten on the ground!

tahee59 #9 Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
No thank you chuck , I'll stick with ark.

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I do admit, once you pass a threshold of about 30 battles the new game mode does grow on you. This is a shared sentiment MARS and I had when we flew together in the Open Test for 2.0. 

However when you try to get into it, once you get past the "newness" and the fun of shooting and gunning, the flight model is just so different that what it is isn't WWII dog fighting anymore. Too often you can fly like you own the place, not die once, get 20 kills, and lose the match. 

The way the flight model is now is...weird to say the least. It's like everything's a modern day fly by wire jet. Hit registration is hit or miss when you should've hit. Slower, undertiered planes no longer have a guaranteed turning advantage. Vertical BnZ is no longer viable unless you have a massive speed advantage. High altitudes are barren.

The game just no longer represents the aircraft or the experiences of the men who flew them. When I fly a P-51, I don't feel like I'm flying a P-51. Aircraft are now more defined by the slight differences in handling and armament then by the iconic impressions you get from documentaries like Dogfights.

Point in case, I think the old stylization the game had was a bigger market than the arcade mess we have now.  

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 399 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

I do admit, once you pass a threshold of about 30 battles the new game mode does grow on you. This is a shared sentiment MARS and I had when we flew together in the Open Test for 2.0. 

However when you try to get into it, once you get past the "newness" and the fun of shooting and gunning, the flight model is just so different that what it is isn't WWII dog fighting anymore. Too often you can fly like you own the place, not die once, get 20 kills, and lose the match. 

The way the flight model is now is...weird to say the least. It's like everything's a modern day fly by wire jet. Hit registration is hit or miss when you should've hit. Slower, undertiered planes no longer have a guaranteed turning advantage. Vertical BnZ is no longer viable unless you have a massive speed advantage. High altitudes are barren.

The game just no longer represents the aircraft or the experiences of the men who flew them. When I fly a P-51, I don't feel like I'm flying a P-51. Aircraft are now more defined by the slight differences in handling and armament then by the iconic impressions you get from documentaries like Dogfights.

Point in case, I think the old stylization the game had was a bigger market than the arcade mess we have now.  

damn, nice summation...

plus 1...

I'll be back later this evening with an edit and a snarky jpg

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users