Oh well I did try

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

chrishg #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 313 battles

So I quit playing WOWP because I didn't like the new format very much.  Also the continual lack of players and ...   Well I won't even get into the bot thing. 

With v2.0 I was hoping things would change.  Nope, although one thing there is no listing for how many players are online, either that or I am not seeing that.  Played a few games didn't see anything that was worth diving back in for.  One thing though I kept getting shot down by the same, supposed, human player even if I went to a different part of the map.  Which leads me to believe the "clan" supposed human player is really a bot. 

Well if there is another major version in the future I will probably try WOWP again.  How come WG can get things right with WOWS but totally screw up WOWP?

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

Captain

• 653 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Don't ask.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

GonerNL #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1120 battles

View Postchrishg, on 28 May 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

One thing though I kept getting shot down by the same, supposed, human player even if I went to a different part of the map.  Which leads me to believe the "clan" supposed human player is really a bot. 

Do you mean that he did not have a typical bot name, like Richard or Ernst ?

You can check that by right-clicking the name in the team list ; if there's no option to chat or ignore, it's a bot ...

But I've also ran into real humans who go out of their way to search you out and kill you ... because they like to show that they are better ???

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

spanks2 #4 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1088 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 28 May 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Do you mean that he did not have a typical bot name, like Richard or Ernst ?

You can check that by right-clicking the name in the team list ; if there's no option to chat or ignore, it's a bot ...

But I've also ran into real humans who go out of their way to search you out and kill you ... because they like to show that they are better ???

Or Beppo...?

LOVE that bot name :D

Personally, I shoot players in the sector I am trying to flip. I don't go hunt them down.

I have also had players relentlessly hunt me down. It happened a lot in 1.9 versions and its always gonna happen in this game..

I agree chrishg. WG toted 2.0 as being the version that would save WoWps. I am not sure what they meant. No one is playing hardly anymore. Almost all of the players from 1.9 and earlier versions are gone, maybe for good. New players play awhile and mostly leave.

Sadly, we all know what would save this game, but WG seems to be ignoring the problems/bugs and refuses to bring back the original intent.

If they would bring in a version similar to pre 1.5 players would come back in droves...

Bear_82 #5 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 58 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postchrishg, on 27 May 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

. . . there is no listing for how many players are online, either that or I am not seeing that. . .

it was removed with 2.0, to avoid distraction

Catch21 #6 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4605 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postchrishg, on 28 May 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

One thing though I kept getting shot down by the same, supposed, human player even if I went to a different part of the map.  Which leads me to believe the "clan" supposed human player is really a bot. 

View PostGonerNL, on 28 May 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Do you mean that he did not have a typical bot name, like Richard or Ernst ? You can check that by right-clicking the name in the team list ; if there's no option to chat or ignore, it's a bot ...

Or... get Krautjaeger's mod to see who's a bot, so you can be the 1st to see 14 *s on your team. You are seriously disadvantaged if you don't use it- that 'one thing' the OP mentions is a human player IDing you as a human and deliberately targeting you (over and over and over...) so he ends up in a bot-heavy target environment with (arguably, some bots are better than some humans) better odds of winning. 

GonerNL #7 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1120 battles

I'm already using "whos_the_ai_bots" ... when there's a Wowp update, first thing is to get Krautjaeger's updated mod ;-)

Only really using it to get a quick look at how many bots are on the teams.

Once flying I pay less attention to it, I pick targets most of the time depending on the situation. If there's a choice I too will go for the human, but specifically searching them out is just not my thing ... it occurs to me that there are also bots behaving like scalp-hunters, as if the game designates a target to them that they will pick every time.

Edited by GonerNL, 28 May 2018 - 01:20 PM.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Also tagged with 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users