Newbie's... SuperBots & Seasoned Player... DumbBots

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2725 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Seasoned players that mostly fly solo, well.... your just going to have to continue taking 1 for the Wowp Team. Most of the seasoned player by now, know all the maps, targets, point value, along with what works to achieve a victory. Now when these special events come along, ( to attract new members ) you'll notice a big swing of Super Bots towards the newbie team. Now I don't mind, throwing a round or two, to the new players for the sake of attracting new members, but you need to tone it down a little...., or your seasoned players will just Boycott your special events.  Several times we noticed, after the round was over, based on team points, capped bases, & total points,.... that their must of been " a fix involved " in the final outcome. My last round was the straw that broke the camels back. Scored …  13,475 total points, 3 of 4 bases capped and was awarded a Loss.. The newbie had 1,345 points, and (  his top 4 bots superbots  ) had a total of 14,000 total points, Now all of  my DumbBots  stayed in the range of 1500 points each . Now LOOK  real close at this...…. he scored less then 10% of my final score , &  was awarded with the win based on what his superBots accomplished for him. This is just one of several outcomes in the past, when paired against a newbie pilot. Most of the seasoned players here, play hard & long, to keep our win / loss ratio above 65%, and we really don't appreciate, ( Wowp ) swapping that out for a chance for more new players. If you haven't caught on by now, seasoned player are leaving Wowp, they do see the Bull...that going on here, & they do have options, as where they would like to play & enjoy a Fair & Balanced game. Get a clue here, this is not how you take care of your base players who spend Dollars & Buy Airplanes.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 26 May 2018 - 10:00 PM.

BuffaloTime #2 Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3628 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

I have all three female pilots. I know I would not be in the top ten, but if players that have all three are trying for the top ten ---- think about it. Only ten players will get it ...TEN! Give the new people the bonus. We know you are good, we lose to you. 

Said my piece.

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

ComradeZ #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2415 battles
  • [FK] FK
This game is about as fair and balanced as the US Media.  I agree with op. I'm going to start up a separate acct and do some testing to see if this is the case.  

SgtSchlautter #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3170 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBuffaloTime, on 26 May 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

I have all three female pilots. I know I would not be in the top ten, but if players that have all three are trying for the top ten ---- think about it. Only ten players will get it ...TEN! Give the new people the bonus. We know you are good, we lose to you. 

Said my piece.

Well, that isn't strictly true. Up to 30 players will be able to get this as this event will last for 3 weekends. Granted, if certain players get in the top 10 multiple weekends, then there will be less than 30 people who receive it. That being said, I'm certainly not disagreeing with you. This event is quite lackluster to say the least

trikke #5 Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i never get a chance to fly on weekends, but i will later today!

i'm certainly not in the same class as my clan buddy Cobra, so i might escape from the MS-13-superbot menace 

edit:   i'm probably in the minority, but personally, i'm glad that new folks are getting some 'help', when pitted against top pilots

that new guy probably had no idea at all that his teammates were bots

Edited by trikke, 27 May 2018 - 11:42 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

cobra_marksman #6 Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2725 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Most of the seasoned players, don't mind losing a good fight to a new player, and at times most of us don't mind giving a few rounds a night to help them advance in the game. As a recruiter for our clan, this is what we look for in new recruits. No one minds Handicaps given to them in the way of better bots, most of us understand that, but they also Need to earn the win. Being 2nd from the bottom of his team, and being awarded the win, is not what most of us here considers here as a Victory win. Bottom line  .... When you see this happening, quite often, it becomes a problem to us. When you fly your butt off & fight hard & long, it becomes very difficult to understand why the round, was just given away to someone who didn't.... Earn the win So in simple terms.... it's rather insulting to all players . Seasoned pilots are finding it much easier to just log out of the game, rather then sticking around and putting up with this aggravation & frustration of it.. This problem need to be addressed, because. good players are gaming less here on Wowp, and beginning to look elsewhere, for on-line game enjoyment.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 27 May 2018 - 05:07 PM.

trikke #7 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcobra_marksman, on 27 May 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

When you fly your butt off & fight hard & long, it becomes very difficult to understand why the round, was just given away to someone who didn't.... Earn the win

catch-22

you earned the win, but the win was given to the new beginner pilot because of the superbots

if he was good enough, had advanced enough, to actually earn the win, then he wouldn't have gotten the superbots, and you would have won

i do see your point now

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 27 May 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

catch-22

you earned the win, but the win was given to the new beginner pilot because of the superbots

if he was good enough, had advanced enough, to actually earn the win, then he wouldn't have gotten the superbots, and you would have won

i do see your point now

At least in DM you could eliminate the super bots for good and they wouldn't come back to haunt you. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Pogo68 #9 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1449 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostComradeZ, on 26 May 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

This game is about as fair and balanced as the US Media.  I agree with op. I'm going to start up a separate acct and do some testing to see if this is the case.  

The US media is fair and balanced.

Fox News just has a different idea of fair and balanced.

By their own admission in court, 90% of Fox News's programing is "entertainment" and only 10% are "news programs".

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Auwingr #10 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 2505 battles
  • [_G_D_] _G_D_

I understand the complaints here, as I've had a number of evenings when I was usually in the top 3 players and many times the top player only to lose. 

A few evenings ago I was in 10 battles, top 3 in all 10 and lost all but 1. The one I won was a tier 4 battle and was just so fed up with trying to advance a tier 8 plane I was playing.

Complained to WoWP's and sent screen shots and received a response that was nothing more than "we feel your pain, but stuff happens." 

I, like a lot of players, understand when we get beat by superior players, but when you only have 2 or 3 live players and they score in the lower half of the final results you have to wonder wth.

With results like this forget about retaining a decent win percentage.

eblingus #11 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 320 battles
Bot imbalance is nothing new, IMO.  I would play this game more if it wasn't for the fact that wins are determined more by relative bot skill than player skill

mnbv_fockewulfe #12 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posteblingus, on 02 June 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

Bot imbalance is nothing new, IMO.  I would play this game more if it wasn't for the fact that wins are determined more by relative bot skill than player skill

Apparently, only classes and plane type are balanced by the mm. Meaning imbalanced bot skills between the teams is likely to happen.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

LMG #13 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1636 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 02 June 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Apparently, only classes and plane type are balanced by the mm. Meaning imbalanced bot skills between the teams is likely to happen.

I think WG said that both teams had the same number of bot types. That said, idk if they're evenly distributed among plane types (like one team getting a Veteran Spitfire XIV while the other gets a veteran RB-17)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostLMG, on 02 June 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

I think WG said that both teams had the same number of bot types. That said, idk if they're evenly distributed among plane types (like one team getting a Veteran Spitfire XIV while the other gets a veteran RB-17)

afaik the latter situation is not balanced for.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

trikke #15 Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostAuwingr, on 27 May 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

With results like this forget about retaining a decent win percentage.

if you're like me, then WR isn't really why we play this game

it's a fun game, with a great bunch of nice folks playing it along with you

consider the alternative...  you produce maximum scores and win rates, but in a game with vile deplorables as teammates and opponents 

i'll assume that's what most of the folks are like, in tanks and warships...   j/k

SonicPariah #16 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostLMG, on 02 June 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Each team has the same number of equally skilled pilots for Bots and MM balances the types of planes between teams. However, if a player has a 9 Skill Point Pilot on an RB-17, the other team may just get a generic bot bomber.

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 02 June 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

afaik the latter situation is not balanced for.

Correct, but we are looking at ways to balance it out.

trikke #17 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSonicPariah, on 06 June 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Each team has the same number of equally skilled pilots for Bots and MM balances the types of planes between teams.     However, if a player has a 9 Skill Point Pilot on an RB-17, the other team may just get a generic bot bomber.

ty, brother...  that's good to know       

and if i'm deconstructing this sentence correctly... sometimes the bots have varying pilot skills, but are they random skills?   

would a LF bot pilot ever accidentally get a 'bombardier' skill, for example?

would you mind asking someone if bots also get random consumables and gold ammo?     

and since 'random' consumables and skills would sometimes work crossways with other consumables, would classes of planes would get the same consumables/skills each time?

LMG #18 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1636 battles

View Posttrikke, on 06 June 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

and if i'm deconstructing this sentence correctly... sometimes the bots have varying pilot skills, but are they random skills?   

would you mind asking someone if bots also get random consumables and gold ammo?     

and since 'random' consumables and skills would sometimes work crossways with other consumables, would classes of planes would get the same consumables/skills each time?

I think he meant "One team might get a human player on an RB-17 with a 9-skill point pilot, while the other team gets a simple bot RB-17 with no special tricks up its sleeve" :bajan:

Edited by LMG, 06 June 2018 - 07:40 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

GonerNL #19 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 508 battles

View Posttrikke, on 02 June 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

if you're like me, then WR isn't really why we play this game

True. I play to have fun.

And even losing can be fun when it was a good, balanced battle !!  But not when you lose battle after battle because of the MM lottery ...  just like winning that way is no fun.

SonicPariah #20 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Posttrikke, on 06 June 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

The random skills are not completely random, but more a set of skills appropriate to their plane and tier.

Bots do indeed get Consumables, but no word on the Gold Ammo. Will ask about that.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users