Black battle screen after today's update...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ClosedCoffin #1 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10100 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

Battles were ok for a while after update, with a few ghost planes flying around, but then the black screen.

Never had one before.

Battle only loaded 2 minutes after it started.

it was different. I had guns but couldn't hear them.

I could see the overheating reticle though and that helped lol...

Subsequent battles are looking normal.. 

Edited by ClosedCoffin, 24 May 2018 - 04:44 PM.

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Pull your hood.  I have the aircraft.

Edward_Thache #3 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1233 battles
Awesome, Night Battles!

spanks2 #4 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1155 battles
How did you do?

ClosedCoffin #5 Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10100 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

View Postclodhoppr, on 24 May 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

How did you do?

I somehow got 6 kills and our Me-410 carried us to a win.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

Major

• 1520 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

gerr22 #7 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6170 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

+1 Ace

trikke #8 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

entire rolls of quarters would disappear down the coin slots of every Asteroids machine that i passed

i was never any good at it, but it just 'fit' me...  fit me like a Willy-109, but never really any good with them, either

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Chuck_norris10 #9 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2773 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Posttrikke, on 25 May 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

entire rolls of quarters would disappear down the coin slots of every Asteroids machine that i passed

i was never any good at it, but it just 'fit' me...  fit me like a Willy-109, but never really any good with them, either

I had a driller buddy who lived in the bar when he came home from the rigs in africa because of that game.After a nightshift in the mines i exited my bus to see the bar in flames and theres 6 foot 8 byron the driller packing the asteroid machine down the alley away from the flames and towards his truck.

SonicPariah #10 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Yeah, definitely investigating this issue to make sure it gets properly corrected.

Thank you for taking the time to write about it as it helps us track the issue.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

Major

• 1520 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 25 May 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

I had a driller buddy who lived in the bar when he came home from the rigs in africa because of that game.After a nightshift in the mines i exited my bus to see the bar in flames and theres 6 foot 8 byron the driller packing the asteroid machine down the alley away from the flames and towards his truck.

I'd love to get drunk with you and listen to the crap you can remember...

I'd prolly piss myself a couple of times before the sun came up... hehe

I got a pile of crap myself... (of what I remember) that could fill a couple of books

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2773 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 25 May 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

I'd love to get drunk with you and listen to the crap you can remember...

I'd prolly piss myself a couple of times before the sun came up... hehe

I got a pile of crap myself... (of what I remember) that could fill a couple of books

Had an interesting life so far. An Inuit elder summed it up perfectly one day when I worked in the arctic.She took my elbow and pointed to an old drunk shuffling down the street and said"pity that man for he has no memories or stories" and it was my first time in the arctic and I wasent impressed that my company sent me way the hell up to the arctic circle when they hinted I was going to a camp in northern Alberta Canada and I was ready to bail and the elder knew that somehow when she heard me querying about a chopper or rep from the outfit i would be working for.

Anyways....I was stuck there for 7 weeks,not a road within 1000 miles so I heeded her advice and made the best of it because 7 weeks is a long time. It was harsh,down to minus 67 celsius and -80 with windchill and we lived 4 men to a prospectors tent and it was a dry camp but I loved it!

You took nothing for granted and a pepsi and a chocolate bar on the friday chopper resupply was cherished if it came in and once in awhile someone would get a bottle of crown royal mailed in and if it made it everyone gathered in a tent for shot as we shared everything.

Your only phone up there was a single sat phone that the camp of 55 boart longyear drillers shared and one call a night was all you were allowed.

Went back year after year,wound up running the camp through a winter when all camps shut down with a skeleton crew of 12 and had an 18 day ground blizzard and a chopper crash.Then I went and managed some smaller camps north of hudsons bay and one at goose lake and arctic ice pilots was being filmed there at that time which is totally scripted.

I did all this after 22 years at an open pit coal mine I could have retired at but one day i just thought I dont want to look back 30 years from now and think this is all I have done my whole life? Went and did a lot of oilpatch work,lots of pipeline at 5 grand a week clear and now im doing powerline construction in Banff national park.

Your either living to die or living to live and at 57 I have a 900 polaris snowmobile that will kill me,a chevy mudbogger that can do the same and my bike. I have friends who just survive...living to survive and then die.

Moral of this story....change is scary and I have worked for over 80 outfits in my life and been terrified on every first day on a job but I got over it and opened a lot of doors and seen stuff most only see on T.V. and got to fly in and fly a lot of choppers and otters.

Make memories instead of appointments.

Heres one of the vids I made while near the arctic circle and Nunavut changed me.

ClosedCoffin #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10100 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

Nice video Chuck, few of us will ever experience anything like that.

And a good philosophy to go with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users