Worst.. Bots.. Ever... I can't carry harder than this...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Toiletduck #1 Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 213 battles

I mean come on!

only two human players, one per side, and the other guy on the enemy team was mostly afk.  Just about all his bots out scored him.   My bots did NOTHING!  We lost.  Are there levels of bots?  'cause his bots were doing far better than mine playing well make them play less well?  etc.. 

carry.jpg

---

"Quack!" - Toiletduck

_A_3_ #2 Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 53 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Wargaming excels in creating a historically accurate match maker.

Aircraft performance is another story.

WolfWiz #3 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2424 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostToiletduck, on 24 May 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

I mean come on!

only two human players, one per side, and the other guy on the enemy team was mostly afk.  Just about all his bots out scored him.   My bots did NOTHING!  We lost.  Are there levels of bots?  'cause his bots were doing far better than mine playing well make them play less well?  etc.. 

carry.jpg

It is their way of making it easier on newbs and harder on clan.

nexxus73 #4 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

I agree, a lot of the time the Bots are stupid.  I've been in the same situation, 2 RL players,  I took the garrison and the airfield early on, then went after one of the other resources, lost the airfield, then lost the battle ... WTH ???

Seems if one of the other RL players is running a heavy fighter / bomber you're screwed, cause in the lower tiers your plane cannot climb high enough to get to them and you're screwed.

MafiaMatt #5 Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2739 battles
I noticed that with the event before with winning the T8 Prem Planes for US and Germany.  I think it is RNG since several matches had overpowered bots.  There may have been some collusion with the bots to go give humans a certain win percentage.

trikke #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2021 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMafiaMatt, on 24 May 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

There may have been some collusion with the bots to go give humans a certain win percentage.

No Collusion, witch hunter!!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

hamhockjones #7 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7377 battles
I am with you on this issue. If you are a good player, mm will load up the other team against you. I get bots that don't even break 600 pts during the game. Some just fly around and wait to be shot down! I believe the players should determine the outcome, but that's just not the way it is. I have killed the same bot 4 times and he still got another plane and was flying at the end. Unfortunately winning and losing no longer is relevant. Some people realize that if im on your team, the odds are probably stacked against us.  That's a shame , but just how it is... one team may have 60, 000 pts, the other 30,000, yet the 30 will win. 

Sturffan #8 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 2690 battles
This was the main reason I stopped playing.  The game is fun until it's not.  Played for about 3mos got 5 tier9 and 1 tier 10 plane.  Now it feels like I can't win at any tier anymore so instead of being frustrated I just walked away for a while.

Lambo805 #9 Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1529 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I had a game yesterday, 20k points and the next highest was 9k points by the player on the enemy team. Shot down 18 planes total and we still lost. Attrition is all about killing targets with base captures. Since there's no squall line, it can be frustrating to just keep killing planes over and over. In this mode I'd say the most important bases are the Military Base and Command Center so that they can capture the other points while you hunt planes.  

As for the bots, the way I see it is it feels the same as playing WoT which has an all-player community. Sometimes you get the super unicums, sometimes you have to wonder what flavor the windows are...but it works fairly well most of the time. as for the game helping newbs and kneecapping clans it sort of already does with the 2 person limit on flights. 

Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

Pogo68 #10 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1583 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

The only thing about the bots that make me happy is that it mirrors the real air wars in this sense.

50% of the pilots took up space.

5-10% of the pilots caused 50% of air to air losses inflicted on the other side.

and 1-4% of the pilots killed more than 10 planes.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Lambo805 #11 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1529 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Where were the other 36%?
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

LMG #12 Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1668 battles

View PostLambo805, on 27 May 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Where were the other 36%?

I think that's the point :trollface:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

nexxus73 #13 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

I'm getting VERY tired of losing cause Bots are plain stupid.  In Attrition I dont understand how the enemy takes the Command Center or Military bases SO #$%^$ fast ... I try to take them and get shot down by the insane AA flack.  I guess their Bot heavy fighters are just better than mine and thats what REALLY gets me, those *amn heavy fighters / BnZ planes.  They're not supposed to be as manuverable as other planes but I get consistently shot down by them.  I know they have turrets and I try to avoid those by trying to fly in from the sides ... or is there a 'best place' to attack those from ??   It just seems that when my team loses .. the red side captures the Caps right away and then blasts the hell outta me .. WHERE are my team planes ?  I see them around my area but get no freakin help, even when I try to cover my Bot planes.

I'm quitting for a while ... the unbalanced crap .. esp the BnZ planes ... REALLY sucks.   

Or maybe I'm just a bad pilot .. dunno.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users