HOW in the &&^LL

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

nexxus73 #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:14 AM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles
With one on one RL players ... I had the Garrison, airfield and mining plant  ... DID I F'N LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Shot down once ... then nosedived into ground <<< outside a cap point >>>>> cause the squall was coming in so I could start fresh ..... and I LOSE ?????   Total [edited]....

nexxus73 #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

I get the Garrison and airfield ... other players mining plant is partial red so I go after the other mining plant.  After resetting nosedive OUTSIDE the mining plant ... I respawn b4 the squall , look around and see the airstrip and garrison are gone .. WTH ???  Stupid Bot planes ...

Edited by nexxus73, 22 May 2018 - 06:19 AM.

Bear_82 #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 43 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

it doesn't matter how you personally performed

Your answer is in the Physics and balance portion of What is World of Warplanes 2.0 Conquest mode all about?​, specifically - team victory is defined not by individual player skill

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3368 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postnexxus73, on 22 May 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

With one on one RL players ... I had the Garrison, airfield and mining plant  ... DID I F'N LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Shot down once ... then nosedived into ground <<< outside a cap point >>>>> cause the squall was coming in so I could start fresh ..... and I LOSE ?????   Total [edited]....

Without the replay, I would guess the enemy team capped more sectors and held them longer than you did.  From your post I see you wasted time by lawn darting and respawning.  This tactic works sometimes, but you need to be aware of how much time it takes you out of the battle.  Apparently, purposely respawning will take you out of the battle long enough for the enemy to capture 2 of your sectors.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

clodhoppr #5 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1070 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 22 May 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Without the replay, I would guess the enemy team capped more sectors and held them longer than you did.  From your post I see you wasted time by lawn darting and respawning.  This tactic works sometimes, but you need to be aware of how much time it takes you out of the battle.  Apparently, purposely respawning will take you out of the battle long enough for the enemy to capture 2 of your sectors.

I agree completely..

Plus, in the mean-time, your bots are being shot down and re-spawning which only adds fuel to losing fire..

Basically, when you lawn dart on purpose, you are forcing your team size to potentially be reduced significantly...

I quit lawn darting for the exact reason MARS explains.

nexxus73 #6 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

Oh ... ok, I either saw or read that lawn darting was a good thing to do if your HP was low and as long as it was b4 the Squall rolled in.  

So in the instance of 2 mining facilities, 2 garrisons and an airstrip, I should have just held onto the garrison and airstrip and let the bots try to get the mining facility ?

I'm also wondering if other players are doing the same as me, keeping some older planes and running them for points when its 2 or 3 X to get extra cash.  Just figuring that if this is so that others who have been playing longer have had the time to maxx out the stats and equipment of those planes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I've only been playing about 1 week so still a lot to learn.  WoWP is fun most of the time ... a lot better than Tanks ... drive around and shoot.  IMHO.

LMG #7 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postnexxus73, on 22 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Oh ... ok, I either saw or read that lawn darting was a good thing to do if your HP was low and as long as it was b4 the Squall rolled in.  

So in the instance of 2 mining facilities, 2 garrisons and an airstrip, I should have just held onto the garrison and airstrip and let the bots try to get the mining facility ?

I'm also wondering if other players are doing the same as me, keeping some older planes and running them for points when its 2 or 3 X to get extra cash.  Just figuring that if this is so that others who have been playing longer have had the time to maxx out the stats and equipment of those planes.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I've only been playing about 1 week so still a lot to learn.  WoWP is fun most of the time ... a lot better than Tanks ... drive around and shoot.  IMHO.

It depends from situation to situation. It'd be great if you could record a match so we can see where you went wrong and give advise, as the nature of the game makes it a bit unpredictable. It's not always as simple as "rush B and camp the entrance", especially when there's a lot of human players. In my case I can play a map three times the same way and get three different result for minuscule variables, like a bot getting shot down by an Air Defense Aircraft, the enemy failing to secure an important cap early on or someone disconnecting/crashing at a bad moment :unsure:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

nexxus73 #8 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

Block Quote

It'd be great if you could record a match 

I'll look into that .. thanks.

trikke #9 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'll nosedive before the squall only for this one strict set of circumstances...

i'm driving a low or mid tier GA, the battle score is nearly even, i'm nearly dead for the first time, and i'm able to respawn right next door to a contested cap

any of those missing?  nope

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

nexxus73 #10 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Senior Airman

• 140 battles

I don't know if Attrition weekend is typically bad for a new player ... I'm on winning side 2 times and lose 5-7 times, which is why I only play about 10 fights, cause of the Mismatching.  I'm REALLY sick of getting shot down by BnZ planes.  I just dont know what to do about them, they seem to do SO much damg to the caps ... I'm playing I think GA plane .. with bombs / rockets, trying to shoot down enemy planes over the caps .. turn it half blue and them blam .. goes back to white cause some BnZ plane is WAY overhead and I guess bombing the cap ?  But almost every time I go after them .. WHEN I can catch them .. they either zoom away or when I get close and do some dmg another plane gets on my A$$ and shoots me down.  And it seems when I'm on the losing side, the main caps go red in the first 2-3 minutes and then I'm screwed trying to get them back.  I try to concentrate where other blue planes are but a lot of the times the Bots just circle over a cap I already have and they dont go after the contested ones.

And I HATE that voice that talks about " The enemy has taken the airfield, you cannot leave it like that "  .. usually a minute or 2 after it turned blue.

VERY Frustrated and almost deleted my account today .. but I love flying the planes ...

Edited by nexxus73, 02 June 2018 - 03:27 PM.

LMG #11 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

Ground Attack Aircraft are not made for shooting other aircraft. Even in the code they get an accuracy handicap in the form of no aim assist. You're usually better off securing sectors by destroying ground targets with them. If you need some guidelines I made a GAA Basics guide

Edited by LMG, 02 June 2018 - 05:37 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #12 Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1729 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

the no-aim-assist is a reality 

when firing from the tier 3 TSh3, the bullet spray looks just like a standard water showerhead scatter pattern 

not a reassuring sight...

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Aleczander_G #13 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 778 battles

View Postnexxus73, on 02 June 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

I don't know if Attrition weekend is typically bad for a new player ... I'm on winning side 2 times and lose 5-7 times, which is why I only play about 10 fights, cause of the Mismatching.  I'm REALLY sick of getting shot down by BnZ planes.  I just dont know what to do about them, they seem to do SO much damg to the caps ... I'm playing I think GA plane .. with bombs / rockets, trying to shoot down enemy planes over the caps .. turn it half blue and them blam .. goes back to white cause some BnZ plane is WAY overhead and I guess bombing the cap ?  But almost every time I go after them .. WHEN I can catch them .. they either zoom away or when I get close and do some dmg another plane gets on my A$$ and shoots me down.  And it seems when I'm on the losing side, the main caps go red in the first 2-3 minutes and then I'm screwed trying to get them back.  I try to concentrate where other blue planes are but a lot of the times the Bots just circle over a cap I already have and they dont go after the contested ones.

And I HATE that voice that talks about " The enemy has taken the airfield, you cannot leave it like that "  .. usually a minute or 2 after it turned blue.

VERY Frustrated and almost deleted my account today .. but I love flying the planes ...

Tactics change based on what you are flying. BnZ doesnt turn and BnT doesn't zoom. If you are in a turn fighter and see a faster plane coming at you TURN. Turn early, get behind them and light them up for the few seconds you get before they are gone. Use your rear camera button and the right mouse button to look around. Be aware of your surroundings. What you don't see you can' react to you.

I also highly recommend the "All guide in one place thread". (I' on mobile or I'd link it) read them, watch the videos, do your research, and most of all play. Also, the bots are terrible. :) I'm fairly new to the game, but if you'd like add me to contacts and we can flight some. I'll share what knowledge I have acuired thus far.

Edited by Aleczander_G, 04 June 2018 - 06:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users