Jump to content


Comments/Observations from a new player


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Toiletduck #1 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:52 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 213 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Game seems fun. I like the reinvention.  I worry its not enough though.  I want to make a thread of my observations and please know I'm not bashing to bash but rather I want this game to work.  I actually want this game to work more than tanks and ships because I love aviation and am a pilot in real life that has always wanted to fly a warbird..  but that's an aside.  =)  Take this as it's intended, constructive feedback, not just me being a jerk.

  

Frustrations / Observations / Comments / Issues - in no particular order;  

 

Control points -  The control points seem to flipflop for no darn reason.  I can't tell you the number of times I have been over a point capturing it, only to have it suddenly go red when I was the only one there..  what the heck?!  I have had it go from almost captured (blue circle almost full) and flip to 100% red instantly.  I feel like I'm missing something there..  I can't explain it, and this is very frustrating.  I have also done all the work, only to have an enemy IL2 drop the last bomb and take the point... again..  frustrating.  

 

Disconnects - None of the other games I play disconnect me as often as this one.  I can't really explain that.  This worries me with regards to the servers.  Does anyone else have this happen?  Never in game, just while I'm at the hangar screen though looking at stuff.. boom.. disconnected.. Happens a lot.

 

Progression too slow? - At Tier 5 progression seems to slam to a halt.  Or slows WAY down.  For a game that has hemorrhaged all its player base away, this might be something yall want to speed up.  As more and more players show up, slow it down.  But for a new player to have to grind, that's not really incentivizing players to stick around.

 

VR would be awesome - Okay this is a pipe dream and I realize fully that there likely is no money in the budget for development... however;  It'd be really really awesome if we could get HTCVive or Occulus support =)

 

Kinda, Samey / Repetitive - The missions are an interesting thing, I like it.  But damn.  They get kinda.. .repetitive..  Like.. really repetitive..   So very repetitive... I feel there needs to be something more, I'm not sure what though.

  

Gold Ammo - I feel that gold ammo should go the same way as the other games.  ALlow us to buy it using silver.  Sure make it very expensive, I'm okay with that.. but unless people are buying a lot of gold ammo with gold, make it go silver.  This would make the game seem less nickle & dime like and less "Pay to win" in the long run and encourage people to use gold to buy aircraft etc..  Again, the other two games already went this route.. seems only logical to go that route here too.

 

Sound / Foley Work - Okay, whoever the sound designer for World of Tanks... HIRE THAT GUY to remake the sounds for WOWS and WOWP..  Seriously the sounds in this game arent that good.  They kinda suck.   A lot.  

 

Random Weather - Not sure if higher tier games have more clouds and weather..etc.. but the constant beautiful clear skies thing, while a pilots dream in real life..  not so much for a game =)  Some more variety would be good.

 

In closing I feel that this game needs a lot just little things.. little adjustments to make it better.. 

 

More as I think of them.


 

---

"Quack!" - Toiletduck


LMG #2 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1641 battles
  • 1,345
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
 

Control Points: What often happens with these seemingly "insta flip" situations is that either the other team scored a large amount of capture points in a short amount of time (like blowing up the central ground target of a Military Base, which gives about 50% of what you need to flip it), or someone crashed into something else. It could also be a bomber flying too high up for you to see, or a GAA down below. There are also very rare instances of Air Defense Aircraft crashing while on patrol :sceptic:

 

Disconnects: Seems like a common issue atm. Put up a support ticket and give our Community Mananger, SonicPariah, the ticket number so the issue can hopefully get fixed. Last patch they worked on some bugs, so keep giving them info on what's going on :great:

 

Progression: Grinding has always been a thing on WG titles. That said, the further up you go, the more EXP you get for doing the same tasks, so it's not as bad as it seems. Going from tier 8 to tier 9 for me feels about the same, if not longer than going from 9 to 10. There are also some planes that require more experience to be researched than others within the same tier. Besides, part of the fun is getting the aircraft you want and finding a few others you end up liking too :playing:

 

VR: Unless they add some sort of dedicated cockpit mode, I don't think this will be a thing anytime soon. VR works best from a first person perspective than a third person one :unsure:

 

Repetitive: Do you mean the weekly missions or the event ones? Both of them usually are just for the grind than to add fun to the game. Especially the event missions :ohmy:. I wouldn't mind interesting missions, though, but I'm afraid of what WG would think of. I surely don't want "Bombkill 5 Air Defense Aircraft in the same match.", as interesting as it sounds :amazed:

 

Gold Ammo: Personally I'm split on this one. On one hand, having it be only available for gold reduces the amount of people running it. On the other hand, it does end up a bit like P2W, even though it's not as bad with them having some sort of downside. That said, the premium GAA-only gold ammo IS P2W, no matter how you look at it :(

 

Sound: I wouldn't mind better sound /._./

 

Random Weather: I'm actually not sure whether clouds are random or not atm. They do affect plane visibility, as in the range at which you can spot other aircraft, so maybe having it 100% random could lead to balance issues of one side having thick fog and the other being completely clear. However, WG has been adding more varied maps lately, with rain and our first night map :popcorn:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Cenotaph #3 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2440 battles
  • 388
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The progression in this game is too fast, if anything. (You likely are not aware that the higher tier you play, the more base exp you'll get... tier 10s easily earn double what a tier 5 does, on average)

 

There's word that a complete rework is coming down the pipes. (Tho rumors are, it'll be slowed down)


Edited by Cenotaph, 19 May 2018 - 12:12 AM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 2,521
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostCenotaph, on 19 May 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

The progression in this game is too fast, if anything. (You likely are not aware that the higher tier you play, the more base exp you'll get... tier 10s easily earn double what a tier 5 does, on average)

 

There's word that a complete rework is coming down the pipes. (Tho rumors are, it'll be slowed down)

 

A complete modules/progression update.

Were not reverting to 1.9.:(


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Cenotaph #5 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2440 battles
  • 388
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 May 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

A complete modules/progression update.

Were not reverting to 1.9.:(

 

Yeah, I was referring to the progression changes, specifically... tho I get how it might have been ambiguous.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 120 battles
  • 5,406
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostToiletduck, on 18 May 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Game seems fun. I like the reinvention.  I worry its not enough though.  I want to make a thread of my observations and please know I'm not bashing to bash but rather I want this game to work.  I actually want this game to work more than tanks and ships because I love aviation and am a pilot in real life that has always wanted to fly a warbird..  but that's an aside.  =)  Take this as it's intended, constructive feedback, not just me being a jerk.

  

Frustrations / Observations / Comments / Issues - in no particular order;  

 

Control points -  The control points seem to flipflop for no darn reason.  I can't tell you the number of times I have been over a point capturing it, only to have it suddenly go red when I was the only one there..  what the heck?!  I have had it go from almost captured (blue circle almost full) and flip to 100% red instantly.  I feel like I'm missing something there..  I can't explain it, and this is very frustrating.  I have also done all the work, only to have an enemy IL2 drop the last bomb and take the point... again..  frustrating.  

 

Disconnects - None of the other games I play disconnect me as often as this one.  I can't really explain that.  This worries me with regards to the servers.  Does anyone else have this happen?  Never in game, just while I'm at the hangar screen though looking at stuff.. boom.. disconnected.. Happens a lot.

 

Progression too slow? - At Tier 5 progression seems to slam to a halt.  Or slows WAY down.  For a game that has hemorrhaged all its player base away, this might be something yall want to speed up.  As more and more players show up, slow it down.  But for a new player to have to grind, that's not really incentivizing players to stick around.

 

VR would be awesome - Okay this is a pipe dream and I realize fully that there likely is no money in the budget for development... however;  It'd be really really awesome if we could get HTCVive or Occulus support =)

 

Kinda, Samey / Repetitive - The missions are an interesting thing, I like it.  But damn.  They get kinda.. .repetitive..  Like.. really repetitive..   So very repetitive... I feel there needs to be something more, I'm not sure what though.

  

Gold Ammo - I feel that gold ammo should go the same way as the other games.  ALlow us to buy it using silver.  Sure make it very expensive, I'm okay with that.. but unless people are buying a lot of gold ammo with gold, make it go silver.  This would make the game seem less nickle & dime like and less "Pay to win" in the long run and encourage people to use gold to buy aircraft etc..  Again, the other two games already went this route.. seems only logical to go that route here too.

 

Sound / Foley Work - Okay, whoever the sound designer for World of Tanks... HIRE THAT GUY to remake the sounds for WOWS and WOWP..  Seriously the sounds in this game arent that good.  They kinda suck.   A lot.  

 

Random Weather - Not sure if higher tier games have more clouds and weather..etc.. but the constant beautiful clear skies thing, while a pilots dream in real life..  not so much for a game =)  Some more variety would be good.

 

In closing I feel that this game needs a lot just little things.. little adjustments to make it better.. 

 

More as I think of them.

 

So do you have your mile high pin next to your wings?

 


 

 


 

Reitousair #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4963 battles
  • 281
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLMG, on 18 May 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

That said, the premium GAA-only gold ammo IS P2W, no matter how you look at it :(

 

Actually Armor-Piercing-Incendiary belts are usable on MRF's and HF's as well if I recall, I remember one of my friends running API on his J7W1 and outcapping Me 329's, it was hilarious!


Edited by Reitousair, 19 May 2018 - 03:12 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 


SunnyKim #8 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 717 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013
The base flipping could use some balancing but I dont think itst because of bombers insta flipping an objective its more from GA's just coming over and over and over again and eventually doing enough damage to flip the base... I Feel like I destroy everything that I see as a fighter defending yet still it gets flipped over time just because I am not earning enough points to hold the base while GA's spamming one after the other and getting a ground target one at time can eventually take the base no matter how fast I kill them.

LMG #9 Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1641 battles
  • 1,345
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSunnyKim, on 19 May 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

The base flipping could use some balancing but I dont think itst because of bombers insta flipping an objective its more from GA's just coming over and over and over again and eventually doing enough damage to flip the base... I Feel like I destroy everything that I see as a fighter defending yet still it gets flipped over time just because I am not earning enough points to hold the base while GA's spamming one after the other and getting a ground target one at time can eventually take the base no matter how fast I kill them.

 

If it's bot GAAs, they're not that great at finishing off ground targets. That means that each time one attacks the sector, it leaves undestroyed, beat up ground targets lying around. Then the next one comes it and beats them some more, and eventually they'll start clearing them out in quick succession. Bot GAAs can tell which ground targets are the most damaged, and will focus them down first, so they mostly flip sectors by accident or consistent pressure than by careful planning (unless there's a player around hitting ground targets to "mark" them for the bots to shoot). This also means that they need about 3 of them targeting the same sector to get it eventually. Bot bombers, on the other hand, can't do much because they tend to miss a lot and die to AA or heavy Air Defense Aircraft, so they can't really weaken targets nor finish them off, on top of their deaths just pushing back the capture progress :facepalm:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #10 Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1729 battles
  • 1,216
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

lot of good points...   i'd love to see an actual squall sweep slowly through the map, in the form of a bank of clouds

 

from different directions in different battles, different visibility levels, etc...  just don't make it too predictable?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users