MG's not hitting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jack_wdw #1 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles
I flew a couple of games yesterday (with latest patch installed)

I've had a lot of times that my machineguns were shooting short and close and in a straight line and they were not registering hits.
I've had this happen in my F-84 when i was trying to clear air defense 109's (at a certain point i was 200m behind them, straight on straight and only very few shots registered).
Tried a bit later in the LaGG-3(4) and it happened again.
Then i flew a game with the tier III F2A and this one behaved as normal.
I've had this happen before with cannons (due to 100-120 ping) but nver before with MG's and never before when we were both flying straight.

Reitousair #2 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4918 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

This is not really bug I don't think, this happens quite frequently with pretty much everything. ADA seem to get hilariously broken hitboxes (in fact some people have joked about Spit 9 ADA have force fields to protect them since their hitboxes are so broken) which means at times you will whiff perfect shots.

Something in a straight line seems to cause extremely iffy hit detection, it's usually easier to hit a maneuvering target than it is one flying straight due to a large target profile.

I don't think this is so much a bug, as it is broken hit detection, usually lower-tier planes have better hitboxes so you don't get magical bullets that fly through enemies and do 0 damage all that often, especially when things are also moving slower.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

SonicPariah #3 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 257 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Not seeing any reports or bugs from this, but I will investigate.

Please note that it may also have something to do with Ping and Frame Rate.

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:41 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2588 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Not sure if this helps, but here is something I have observed:

If your pilot is wounded, your shooting efficiency decreases dramatically in some cases.  I just had a game where I was behind an easy to kill JPN plane with very few hit points pumping 20mm rounds into it and it took me forever to kill it.  When I looked at my status, I saw my pilot was injured.  I still killed the plane, but it took forever given my guns and the hitpoints left on the plane.  When my pilot recovered, I downed another JPN plane in maybe a 1 or 2 second burst and that plane had about 50% hitpoints left.

Not saying that was what was happening in your case, but it is something I have observed.  If your pilot is injured, they might not be able to shoot too well.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 19 May 2018 - 02:44 AM.

jack_wdw #5 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles
My plane was in both cases almost full of HP, don't think the pilot was injured, but can't know for sure now.

What i mean by not registering. I saw the bullets hitting on his fuselage, but they were just not registering as hits. My oponents HP stayed the same more or less, it took me forever to get this air defence bot down, which normally is shot down in a couple of seconds.
As stated in my OP, this is the very first time i saw this happening.
I had the same ping throughout the entire session and i clearly remember this happening on my thunderjet and tomahawk. All other planes i flew during that session didn't have this issue.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Sounds like a desync caused by Client Side. 

I think this is what may be happening.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

NovaTempest #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1299 battles

View PostReitousair, on 18 May 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

This is not really bug I don't think, this happens quite frequently with pretty much everything. ADA seem to get hilariously broken hitboxes (in fact some people have joked about Spit 9 ADA have force fields to protect them since their hitboxes are so broken) which means at times you will whiff perfect shots.

Something in a straight line seems to cause extremely iffy hit detection, it's usually easier to hit a maneuvering target than it is one flying straight due to a large target profile.

I don't think this is so much a bug, as it is broken hit detection, usually lower-tier planes have better hitboxes so you don't get magical bullets that fly through enemies and do 0 damage all that often, especially when things are also moving slower.

I have had games where this has come into play, I've been able to shred apart planes doing rolls, but in some cases a plane flying in a straight line seems to have a sort of force field around it.

Then again...

View PostSonicPariah, on 18 May 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Not seeing any reports or bugs from this, but I will investigate.

Please note that it may also have something to do with Ping and Frame Rate.

I've had some very odd things happen due to this as well, particularly on the P-51s, ping causes the game to not register hits as they come but in bunches on enemy aircraft, especially GAAs.

Though I get the feeling Reitousair is onto something there.

trikke #8 Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i'd love to see the hidden numbers behind different pilot skills and consumables, like exactly what a 'crew health medkit thingy' gets you...
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users