Jump to content


Question about Jet Engines on planes


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JackG79 #1 Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 992 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

I seen at one point in the game that there was a real low tier player who had a couple jets boosting his plane around... he said it was a rare plane...    This was like tier 2 or 3 I think.

Looking at the tech three it seems that Jets don't come into the game until tier 7, (Meteor, Me-262, and the  LA-9RD)   (atleast these are the only ones I could find. ) 

 

Other than the 3 tier 7's I listed,... is there any other Jet powered planes that are LOWER than tier 7? 

Also, what was that low tier thing with the jets on it?  And is there any way to get one still???? 

 

Maybe if someone who knew they could make a list of the jet powered planes tier 7 and below? IDK...

Thans for the help guys.

 

Jack 

 

 



gerr22 #2 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1747 battles
  • 402
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
it s an I-15 bis very rare not for sale i think it was a beta prize or a very early gift plane i have come across a few of them its not even a premium

soydivision #3 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 594 battles
  • 179
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Yeah, as Gerr22 said, it's the I-15bis DM-2 (Soviet tier 3).  The thrust/acceleration from the ramjet engines is not impressive, unfortunately.  It's just something interesting for beta testers to show off and not much more.

pyantoryng #4 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1303 battles
  • 7,877
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postgerr22, on 17 May 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

it s an I-15 bis very rare not for sale i think it was a beta prize or a very early gift plane i have come across a few of them its not even a premium

 

The I-15bisDM-2 was gifted for 15th WG Anniversary, which became de facto CBT plane because the game was in CBT then...it survived OBT wipe and live wipe, and I don't think it was ever distributed in any way until very recently, and even then the 15th anniversary emblem still remains exclusive to it.

 

I think the regular tech tree I-15 actually had DM-2 ramjets as upgrade in earlier beta builds but was made premium later on. Also, the normal La-9 used to have the ramjets as intermediate to the rocket booster during CBT, but the ramjet model was downgunned and put into T7 instead much, much later... Actually, the sight of an La-9 with ramjets valiantly battle on alone above the Burmese valleys in Beta left such an impression (IIRC I was an uptiered T6 in that match) that drove me to buy the La-9RD during the recent discount, knowing full well that I won't be getting what I expected...

 

...the jet engine below tier 8 (with the exception of Meteor) are of the types which are only supplemental and not used as main propulsion.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Worland #5 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 425 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
I got the I-15 Bis for being a beta tester. Don't let the ram jets fool you. The plane is as slow as molasses. I like to play mine as it prints credits.

As soon as the humans on the enemy team see you're flying it, chat is flooded with comments like "OP plane", "Hacker", "Show Off", etc... About the only thing the plane has going for it is the 4 MGs that take forever to overheat.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1556 battles
  • 1,174
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostWorland, on 17 May 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

I got the I-15 Bis for being a beta tester. Don't let the ram jets fool you. The plane is as slow as molasses. I like to play mine as it prints credits.

As soon as the humans on the enemy team see you're flying it, chat is flooded with comments like "OP plane", "Hacker", "Show Off", etc... About the only thing the plane has going for it is the 4 MGs that take forever to overheat.

 

The ramjets are good for accelerating out of a stall fight  or simply giving that extra kick in a turn. They're nice IMO. 

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


pyantoryng #7 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1303 battles
  • 7,877
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWorland, on 17 May 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

I got the I-15 Bis for being a beta tester. Don't let the ram jets fool you. The plane is as slow as molasses. I like to play mine as it prints credits.

As soon as the humans on the enemy team see you're flying it, chat is flooded with comments like "OP plane", "Hacker", "Show Off", etc... About the only thing the plane has going for it is the 4 MGs that take forever to overheat.

 

Those MGs happen to spew lead at 1500RPM...no other MGs come even close in that tier, although the I-16 can have the same setup, albeit in 2 synchronized and 2 wings arrangement, and not being a tissue paper. So its firepower is actually achieveable within its tier...the I-5 ShKAS, on the other hand...

 

Must be the demoralizing factor of the ramjets that do most of the killing...:hiding:



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 887 battles
  • 719
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 May 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

.the I-5 ShKAS, on the other hand...

 

 

That is the only T1 plane I have kept from all the way back.

 

I picked up the Stosser some time ago, but it just doesn't spew great gobs of lead like the I-5 ShKAS.



JackG79 #9 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 992 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

i was just looking for lower tier Jet powered airplanes. I currently don't have anything Jet Powered,  and wanted to find something.  Im grinding towars the ME-262 .  was just looking to find something lower tier. 

 



SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1556 battles
  • 1,174
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostJackG79, on 19 May 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

i was just looking for lower tier Jet powered airplanes. I currently don't have anything Jet Powered,  and wanted to find something.  Im grinding towars the ME-262 .  was just looking to find something lower tier. 

 

 

The Meteor and Kostikov 302 are currently the lowest tier proper jets in the game (tier 7) Meteor is available in the premium shop. I think the Kostikov is only available on special promotions.

 

La-9RD isn't actually a jet - just jet boosted like the Yak-3RD, I-250 and XF-15C

 

That said, jets really don't handle any different than props - really fast props. The 262 is it's own problem imo. You can check out the long complaint thread in the aircraft discussion section.


Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 19 May 2018 - 11:28 AM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


JackG79 #11 Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 992 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 19 May 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

 

The Meteor and Kostikov 302 are currently the lowest tier proper jets in the game (tier 7) Meteor is available in the premium shop. I think the Kostikov is only available on special promotions.

 

La-9RD isn't actually a jet - just jet boosted like the Yak-3RD, I-250 and XF-15C

 

That said, jets really don't handle any different than props - really fast props. The 262 is it's own problem imo. You can check out the long complaint thread in the aircraft discussion section.

Thans man!! THat was basically what I was looking to find out.  I appreciate the info.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users