The problem of ping and fps is solved

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Pal_P #21 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 18 May 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Sounds like you had some issues with a Memory Leak somewhere.

no.
other games were going fine.

It was impossible to play on all servers (WOWP)

Edited by Pal_P, 18 May 2018 - 04:21 PM.

Pogo68 #22 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPal_P, on 17 May 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

I always have 30-40 minutes of free time.

forgive me, where did you find 25 programs that need to be reconfigured? :)

Off the top of my head?

Falcon 4.0 BMS

DCS

Batman Arkham 3 of them

WOT

America's Army

Mechwarrior online

Steam

Video Converter

Adobe Pro

Itunes

A Photo editor program for my SLR camera

Team Viewer so I can access my client's computer

DVD/CD-r authoring burner

Thunderbird

Chrome

Firefox

MS Office

Open Office

Yes, I use both, in case one crashes.(it happens)

A code compiler

There are 5 more that are required for my work.

All of these need to be configured for the computer.

And the computer itself has to be reauthorized to access secure systems not to mention my own network which has multiple database sources.

Secure access program for work

VPN

A program that takes reads electronic explanation of benefits and makes them readable and printable.

Edited by Pogo68, 19 May 2018 - 08:09 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Pal_P #23 Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

View PostPogo68, on 19 May 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

Off the top of my head?

Falcon 4.0 BMS

DCS

Batman Arkham 3 of them

WOT

America's Army

Mechwarrior online

Steam

Video Converter

Adobe Pro

Itunes

A Photo editor program for my SLR camera

Team Viewer so I can access my client's computer

DVD/CD-r authoring burner

Thunderbird

Chrome

Firefox

MS Office

Open Office

Yes, I use both, in case one crashes.(it happens)

A code compiler

There are 5 more that are required for my work.

All of these need to be configured for the computer.

And the computer itself has to be reauthorized to access secure systems not to mention my own network which has multiple database sources.

Secure access program for work

VPN

A program that takes reads electronic explanation of benefits and makes them readable and printable.

set your game to another disk.. what problems?

Edited by Pal_P, 20 May 2018 - 09:44 AM.

Pal_P #24 Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

I have a second Linux Debian 9 system.
Tomb Raider Steam - works on Linux.
Open office, photo editor, programs for burning DVD, audio converter - it's all Linux.
For Windows only licensed Microsoft Office 2010.
Windows only for wargaming.

if WOWP be made for Linux - I do not need Windows!!!

Edited by Pal_P, 20 May 2018 - 09:57 AM.

The_Chiv #25 Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2975 battles
  • [-BAD] -BAD

A bit ago I did benchmarks on several builds with clean installs of OS and game using multiple configurations. The process took a week or so due to RL issues. However, I was able to dispell most of the AMD vs Intel [edited]. And found that no matter what the build The game suffered from degenerative fps loss.

What I mean by this is during the course of the battle the numbers would steadily decline and when respawning into non-combat areas would never recover. 

I could give theories as to why this happens but as I have not worked in software for almost a decade now it would be a bit pretentious of me to do so, however, I can tell you a vast majority of these problems would have been solved by 2.0 being designed around dx 11-12. This would have lead to a greater delay in 2.0 being deployed but would have lead to a client that would have been more stable and able to handle multicore CPUs and modern GPUs with greater ease. Hell, they could have packaged it under the HD section and things could have been good. Sadly though lack of staff and resources have left us with something that can never meet the desired goals of WG.

While I hope that the news of the shuttering of the WG Seattle office could lead to an increase in personnel for the WOWP project, I know that it will not. What is see is WG cleaning up losses and moving forward with projects that are making money. By Christmas if there is not a dx 11 client or one optimized for multi-core CPUs and modern GPUs I just don't see the game surviving.

Pal_P #26 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

View PostThe_Chiv, on 26 May 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

A bit ago I did benchmarks on several builds with clean installs of OS and game using multiple configurations. The process took a week or so due to RL issues. However, I was able to dispell most of the AMD vs Intel [edited]. And found that no matter what the build The game suffered from degenerative fps loss.

What I mean by this is during the course of the battle the numbers would steadily decline and when respawning into non-combat areas would never recover. 

I could give theories as to why this happens but as I have not worked in software for almost a decade now it would be a bit pretentious of me to do so, however, I can tell you a vast majority of these problems would have been solved by 2.0 being designed around dx 11-12. This would have lead to a greater delay in 2.0 being deployed but would have lead to a client that would have been more stable and able to handle multicore CPUs and modern GPUs with greater ease. Hell, they could have packaged it under the HD section and things could have been good. Sadly though lack of staff and resources have left us with something that can never meet the desired goals of WG.

While I hope that the news of the shuttering of the WG Seattle office could lead to an increase in personnel for the WOWP project, I know that it will not. What is see is WG cleaning up losses and moving forward with projects that are making money. By Christmas if there is not a dx 11 client or one optimized for multi-core CPUs and modern GPUs I just don't see the game surviving.

why reinstalling windows solved all the problems?
Do not you think it's strange?

Pal_P #27 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

You think so?
but after reinstalling windows, the memory leak disappeared.
You will excuse me, but this problem was similar to a virus.
but why this virus was tied to only this game .... it's very strange !!!

WolfWiz #28 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3145 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPal_P, on 18 May 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

absolutely correct.

LOl, well if you want to meet me in the training room we can see how well that old junk laptop performs :P

Pal_P #29 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles

View PostWolfWiz, on 06 June 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

LOl, well if you want to meet me in the training room we can see how well that old junk laptop performs :P

very old laptop !!!
very old!!!
All modern games he plays on ultra-settings.
but it's very old!
ha-ha-ha-ha !!!! :trollface:

Krautjaeger #30 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
I have a clean/fresh Windows 10 Pro install, a 1070 GTX OC 8b card and while ping is no issue fps certainly is. It's been steadily declining since launch of 2.0, started out at 72 fps average at 3440x1440 all settings maxed out and today average fps is 34 having to reduce settings to medium-high. It is impossible to play a high speed game like WoWp with anything less than 50 fps, imho, and 34 fps just does not cut it. GhostPrime had same issues, and he had a 1080 card. Makes me wonder what specs you really need to run this game now at max settings ultra-wide, I don't even seeing dual 1080s cutting it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users