The bot issues

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hamhockjones #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10203 battles
I understand the admin. attempt to make the game more even for especially the new players.. But by doing this you have made the game harder and very frustrating for great veteran players.. I am not seeing positive results from this method. In fact I see a negative impact.. For example, very few of the great players even play anymore at all. I get no pleasure killing bots. But the bots seem to get pleasure killing me! I am not alone complaining about these issues. I have had bots bypass other planes to attack me as if they are programmed to kill me. In fact ive had bots chase me completely across the entire map bypassing teammates to chase me.. The bomber bots on my teams 7 out of 10 games on average will not even break 1000 points . Now they must be on the premium scoring system because they get almost twice the points added in the final total. Ive seen bots with 500 points at the finish, then end up with 2200 or better after their participation points are added. Now the enemy bot bombers are usually very good, out scoring my bots in a big way!! Usually not even close in comparative scores..Once again, if the game stays as is, please fix it where most fighters can get up to them. The way it is now, im getting where I am no longer having fun playing..I expect to lose most games. And again the 1 plane crap when you out perform everyone and stay alive. That just simple [edited]. Here is the skinny on this, intentionally getting killed or crashing on purpose gets you more planes and you get to play longer. This is backwards. Scoring high and staying alive should be rewarded with more planes to help your team. Right now you get punished for being awesome..Folks that are terrible get rewarded for getting killed.. [edited]backwards is this deal your offering to Great pilots..Its like getting ejected from the game for being good..You folks have over compensated to help rookie pilots in my view. I got better over time because I got tired of getting shot down. I learned how to shoot, fly and evade the enemy.. But now I could swear that some bots are using my moves against me, like playing against myself.  Another observation. When I get barely shot, my planes wont turn or handle anymore. When I shoot bots down to 20hp, they can still turn , even out fly me as if they have no damage at all. I have had them out run me when they are almost destroyed..I cant do that, why can they? There is absolutely no strategy against these bots. Even the white aa planes never crash, They can fly like blue angels even when damaged. I have driven them straight down and they can avoid crashing even a couple of meters from the ground. Humans cant do that, why can they do it?  I shoot a few rounds into a human boomerang and he is done. I shoot a bot boomerang, I have to shoot and shoot and shoot some more to kill him. And that's if he don't do an incredible move and get behind me and start killing me! I have some great ideas to attract more players and to make the game enjoyable for everyone. But as it is now, with one team having great bots and the other having pitiful bots is unfair for the great players. My bots rarely if ever go up and kill the enemy bot bombers. They just fly aimlessly and fly low waiting to be killed. Sometimes after spending 4 minutes capturing a sector, dropping 25 plus bombs, the enemy bot bomber will drop one payload and flip the sector in seconds, no work at all..The bots should be equal , not one sided just because a great player is on one team.. Dial the bots down a few notches and don't try to level that particular game just because a great pilot is on one side. That should just be tough titty if one team has some great human pilots on it. The new players will get tired of being killed and they will get better over time, just like I did...If folks are not having fun, they will stop playing. Who wants to be frustrated and upset playing any game? I don't.. Experience equals excellence !  You the adms have made the game where experience means nothing. Probably yall don't care and wont even read this, but it was worth a shot, hamhockjones, distressed pilot..

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm going to call this the veteran paradox. 

By making the game easier for newer players they made the game harder for old players. 

The cause?
Dumbing down the flight model and gun mechanics.

Knowing how proper dogfighting and flying works is less applicable. 

Vets have had to relearn the controls and flying.

New players have no conception of how the old system worked and therefore do not have to unlearn anything.

Older players have 4 years of flying ingrained into them that they just can't get rid of. 

At it's very core, deep deep down inside the programming, the stuff the devs didn't touch, the game is Still World of Warplanes. 

However there's just so much extra "stuff" that it makes it nearly impossible to enjoy the game anymore. 

Conquest in a contradiction of ideologies is meant to only be played by humans, and at the same time bots are an integral part of the gamemode.  

However when I tried hosting an all human event, no one new was interested. 

I'd be interested in watching a recording of an all new player human scrimmage. If anyone is up to the task. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

LMG #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2346 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 16 May 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

I'm going to call this the veteran paradox. 

By making the game easier for newer players they made the game harder for old players. 

The cause?
Dumbing down the flight model and gun mechanics.

Knowing how proper dogfighting and flying works is less applicable. 

Vets have had to relearn the controls and flying.

New players have no conception of how the old system worked and therefore do not have to unlearn anything.

Older players have 4 years of flying ingrained into them that they just can't get rid of. 

At it's very core, deep deep down inside the programming, the stuff the devs didn't touch, the game is Still World of Warplanes. 

However there's just so much extra "stuff" that it makes it nearly impossible to enjoy the game anymore. 

Conquest in a contradiction of ideologies is meant to only be played by humans, and at the same time bots are an integral part of the gamemode.  

However when I tried hosting an all human event, no one new was interested. 

I'd be interested in watching a recording of an all new player human scrimmage. If anyone is up to the task. 

Atm I'd be up to a friendly full player Conquest match with standard rules (basically, a normal 12v12 Conquest match with just players and no bots, no special rules), if only to see how well it works or how amazingly it breaks :popcorn:

Edited by LMG, 16 May 2018 - 11:11 PM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

cobra_marksman #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4266 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Quote : The new players will get tired of being killed and they will get better over time, just like I did...If folks are not having fun, they will stop playing. Who wants to be frustrated and upset playing any game? I don't.. Experience equals excellence !  You the adms have made the game where experience means nothing. Probably yall don't care and wont even read this, but it was worth a shot, hamhockjones, distressed pilot.. ……………………..  The game Is heading in a different direction from 1.9, & they are not going to change it for seasoned... and / or...new players. Your choice is...Love it .:teethhappy: ...… or Leave it :angry:  Their are other flying games, :playing:  plus they do, offer Tanks & Battleships:bajan:  maybe in 3 to 6 months they'll work on tweeking it back a little, but right now.....don't hold your breath. :kamikaze: The only hope we have is that when players Stop Playing & the Cash Flow dries up, they'll finally, get the message. Maybe then they will notice their base players are all gone,:hiding:  and then, make some changes here,  to get them back.:honoring:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 16 May 2018 - 11:23 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostLMG, on 16 May 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Atm I'd be up to a friendly full player Conquest match with standard rules (basically, a normal 12v12 Conquest match with just players and no bots, no special rules), if only to see how well it works or how amazingly it breaks :popcorn:

Funnily enough the first time we tried it, BnZ quickly became the playstyle of choice. I know the russians have had a few scrimmages but they're playstyle is very much different from ours.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 490 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
Bring the bots!

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3101 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 17 May 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Funnily enough the first time we tried it, BnZ quickly became the playstyle of choice. I know the russians have had a few scrimmages but they're playstyle is very much different from ours.

Because the fastest way to die is to get locked in mortal combat with someone who's better than you.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1938 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 May 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Because the fastest way to die is to get locked in mortal combat with someone who's better than you.

^^^this.

Strangely, it works the same way with BnZ, it just takes longer to figure out that the other guy knows his stuff better than you.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1938 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posthamhockjones, on 16 May 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

Probably yall don't care and wont even read this, but it was worth a shot, hamhockjones, distressed pilot..

I do care, but I can't do a dang thing about it, so I play around it.  Yes, I have noticed that the better player gets assigned to a team of potato bots, scrub humans, and the side furthest away from the best objectives.  And it happens often enough to know it sure isn't random.

But there's the challenge.  When you get paired against a flight of humans, you know that you are in for some work.  If you can beat them, you can point your finger and cuss into the air that you beat the WG matchmaker system.

I know that when I get set against a human pairing, I am in for a loss.  Not because I am going to get killed, but because my bots aren't up for the challenge.  That's OK, because I am not going to care so much about the end result, but how many times I shot down the two flighted humans.  Yeah, it was a loss.  But if I am double the personal points of my nearest team mate, and have more points than either of the two flighted humans, then in my mind, I won that battle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users