A development suggestion...?

Suggestions Ideas development

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

NovaTempest #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1295 battles

Now this is going to be a bit of a uncommon suggestion, im not suggesting "Add X or Y plane plox" or "Add a Z mode! It would be so fun!"

Instead im going to suggest this:

Instead of trying to release complete lines of planes, why not segment their releases?

What do I mean by that? Pretty simple: Instead of taking much longer to release new planes by having to wait until suitable ones are found for certain tiers, just release the definite ones first, then add onto the lines later until they are fully completed.

So a perfect example of this would be the highly requested Typhoon. Rather than waiting to add it until a suitable tier 8, tier 9, and tier 10 are found, just slap the Typhoon in and then add the other planes in later updates. This same strategy could be applied for the German Bomber line as it sits. Does it matter if the new planes lead back to a finished line? I honestly dont think it should, but that is my opinion.

Another perfect example would be the Russian heavy fighter line which I have spoken of in detail as a possible addition. The Pe-2VI and Pe-3Bis could be developed in the game's engine, slapped in, and then the rest of the line be built up later as other planes are found as a match/balanced out properly.

This way, less time is taken in actually developing whole new lines all at once and more is put into general improvements of the game itself. So along with these performance updates we may get one to three new tech-tree planes to mess with or go after.

The way I see it, it would be like putting development of the whole game on the assembly line, piece by piece, rather than just trying to make entirely new sections all at once.

To give you an idea of what I mean, i'll refer you to a scene from roughly a century ago:

Imagine just each 'part' in one of the sub-assembly lines mentioned in the video being an individual plane, and the whole car being the game itself, then you'll see the idea of this suggestion.

Edited by NovaTempest, 16 May 2018 - 07:51 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Takes all the fun out of getting planes in loot boxes.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

NovaTempest #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1295 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 16 May 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Takes all the fun out of getting planes in loot boxes.

I can't even be mad, that's hilarious. :D

LMG #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1464 battles

Personally I prefer the current half now, half later than getting one plane at a time. Though I would prefer to get the whole thing in one go, especially if it's a GAA line :playing:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

NovaTempest #5 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1295 battles

View PostLMG, on 16 May 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Personally I prefer the current half now, half later than getting one plane at a time. Though I would prefer to get the whole thing in one go, especially if it's a GAA line :playing:

Just a thought from my end is all, I mean WoT did this recently with a few Russian tank lines, which they still have yet to add a tier 10 to each.

I think that just because one of the three titles does something rather clever doesn't mean the other two should steer clear.

Edited by NovaTempest, 18 May 2018 - 04:11 PM.

Also tagged with Suggestions, Ideas, development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users