Dear WarGaming, please include the Typhoon/Tempest in the Tornado line.

Tornado Typhoon Tempest

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 832 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Hello to WarGaming!  I have just unlocked the Tornado.  I have to say one word about this aircraft:

Wow.

A rocket-equipped Tornado is a very powerful multirole fighter.  It can capture almost any sector on its own, is fast, and is tough.  But T6 is as far as this aircraft line goes.  Yes, I can move on to get arguably the most overpowered light fighter in the game, the Spitfire XIV.  But as much as I want to explore the XIV, I want to keep going down this Hawker line - Typhoon at T7, and maybe Tempest as an airframe upgrade within T7?  Fast, tough and heavy-hitting, these multirole aircraft should have the ability to turn any battle by themselves with a combination of air-to-air and air-to-ground power, in the hands of a human pilot.  They should be able to own any GAA that comes into a defended zone, and give pause to any LF or HF that comes into range.  With exceptional boost and excellent speed, it should be able to outclass all at-tier HF at low altitudes.  In a pinch, it should be able to climb high enough to shoot at bot bombers, especially command center flights.

Thank you for listening, and to Quesnel, who turned me on to this line, thank you.  You were right.

Quesnel #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 581 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 16 May 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Thank you for listening, and to Quesnel, who turned me on to this line, thank you.  You were right.

Wait....I did what now? :B

NovaTempest #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1295 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 16 May 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hello to WarGaming!  I have just unlocked the Tornado.  I have to say one word about this aircraft:

Wow.

A rocket-equipped Tornado is a very powerful multirole fighter.  It can capture almost any sector on its own, is fast, and is tough.  But T6 is as far as this aircraft line goes.  Yes, I can move on to get arguably the most overpowered light fighter in the game, the Spitfire XIV.  But as much as I want to explore the XIV, I want to keep going down this Hawker line - Typhoon at T7, and maybe Tempest as an airframe upgrade within T7?  Fast, tough and heavy-hitting, these multirole aircraft should have the ability to turn any battle by themselves with a combination of air-to-air and air-to-ground power, in the hands of a human pilot.  They should be able to own any GAA that comes into a defended zone, and give pause to any LF or HF that comes into range.  With exceptional boost and excellent speed, it should be able to outclass all at-tier HF at low altitudes.  In a pinch, it should be able to climb high enough to shoot at bot bombers, especially command center flights.

I myself am on the Hurricane Mk II, I've been debating whether or not to try the tornado out. This may push me to give it a shot.

I myself have loved the Yak-3, Yak-19, and the Ki-84, I loved the Hurricane Mk I to bits myself.

If you haven't tried out the first three aircraft I mentioned yet, i would recommend those lines, they've been very fun for me.

EDIT: and yes, the Typhoon/Tempest have been very much in demand for this game, many others have asked for it, so join the club!

Edited by NovaTempest, 16 May 2018 - 07:12 PM.

Cenotaph #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2316 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
There's plenty of chatter about adding those planes, with the theoretical tier 10 being the Hawker Hunter.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

LMG #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1464 battles
I'm pretty sure those planes were confirmed for the rest of the line somewhere
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

ComradeZ #6 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2136 battles
  • [FK] FK
While OP is dreaming, can I get a Pony too, WG?

CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

• 832 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostComradeZ, on 17 May 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

Ponies for everyone!!!!

I_QQ_4_U #8 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2097 battles

They could add the Tempest Mk.II at tier 8 then add the Sea Fury as a Premium.

Still can't believe there's no F6F though, especially considering everything else in the Grumman line that leads to it is there.

poisonousblood #9 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5121 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostComradeZ, on 17 May 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

I want an unicorn! pleaseeee!?

Neblin #10 Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 756 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

So long as the Typhoon gets teamed up with 109's and 190's like it did in *real life* (not something that happens often in this game) I'm happy to wait for it!

Still... be nice to see it in the game, sooner than later!

Neblin #11 Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 756 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Also, if this reaches any of the devs... I disagree with the Tempest as an airframe upgrade, and would much rather see the "car door" original airframe.

and the "bubble" canopy airframe as the upgrade.

But, then, like I said above "real life" takes a back seat in this game most times, for eg, Komet (an actual production aircraft) released as the J8M in game,

and whatever they named the German Salamander, once again released as a non existent Japanese plane.

We can live in hope, i guess, lol

GonerNL #12 Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• 416 battles
Yeah, I also wondered about the Me-163 and He-162 in Wowp ... both actually flew in Germany while Japan only had the plans.

The_Wild_Weasel #13 Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1522 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Also think about 

Arado 234

Bell P-59

Ryan Fireball

Nakajima Kikka

Horten Ho 299

never hurts to dream :) 

W_W 

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:54 PM

• 832 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostQuesnel, on 16 May 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

Wait....I did what now? :B

http://forum.worldof...970#entry729970

CorvusCorvax #15 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

• 832 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

OK, I think I'm officially in love.  I have not given multirole aircraft much love in my recent play, favoring turny birds and German BnZ mostly.  But DAMN, those 20s hit like a ton of bricks, and it's got the juice to hit bombers, plus the speed to get away from most everything.

The Tornado nemesis is going to be the Spitfire, for sure.  It can get away from any Yak except the -3RD, and out perform the Yaks at altitude.  But in this battle I wasn't even working hard.  It just happened like this.  Oh, and the time I died?  Approaching a CC, with 20% health, alone, and with bot aircraft in addition to ADA?  Not really the very best decision.  It was a gamble.  I shot down two ADA to move the capture bar into the blue, but died in doing so, which means that it was an overall victory for our team (the capture bar was almost all red when I got into the cap area.)  It was a calculated risk, but ultimately, I should have probably not done it.

tornado1.jpg

LMG #16 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1464 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 17 May 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

OK, I think I'm officially in love.  I have not given multirole aircraft much love in my recent play, favoring turny birds and German BnZ mostly.  But DAMN, those 20s hit like a ton of bricks, and it's got the juice to hit bombers, plus the speed to get away from most everything.

The Tornado nemesis is going to be the Spitfire, for sure.  It can get away from any Yak except the -3RD, and out perform the Yaks at altitude.  But in this battle I wasn't even working hard.  It just happened like this.  Oh, and the time I died?  Approaching a CC, with 20% health, alone, and with bot aircraft in addition to ADA?  Not really the very best decision.  It was a gamble.  I shot down two ADA to move the capture bar into the blue, but died in doing so, which means that it was an overall victory for our team (the capture bar was almost all red when I got into the cap area.)  It was a calculated risk, but ultimately, I should have probably not done it.

tornado1.jpg

The problem against Spitfires is that if you run the Tornado with ordnance, it becomes slower than the same-tier Spitfire. Considering that the Spitfire also has 20mm cannons, you won't be able to get out of range in time before you're crippled or straight up destroyed. You either take it down it in one pass or crit the wings/tail, hit it with a rocket, or pray you have some other advantage if you want to make it out alive (like increased top speed). Spitfires were the reason I decided to get the F4U-1 Corsair, so I could reliably get out of their way (and then the P-51A took its place as the nemesis, though it's not as bad as the Tornado vs Spitfire situation). Multiroles usually have some counter within their own nation if they run ordnance :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SonicPariah #17 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 86 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

New planes are of course something we are working on constantly.

Currently our biggest update concerns are making sure that the content works smoothly and properly in the meantime.

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

• 832 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSonicPariah, on 17 May 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Currently our biggest update concerns are making sure that the content works smoothly and properly in the meantime.

I appreciate that, and of course I want game stability and smooth running to take precedence.  I should have prefaced my comments that way.

Neblin #19 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 756 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Same here, quite willing to wait, in exchange for a better running game (more balanced bots, hint, hint!)  ;)

I_QQ_4_U #20 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2097 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 17 May 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Well something right must be getting done in that dept. I used to crash so often I just expected it to happen at some point in every game but I've only had it happen maybe three or four times in the last few weeks. Other than that I have not had any performance issues with the game.

Also tagged with Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users