Jump to content


Two Mode Game Suggestion....(Again)


  • Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

soshootmenow #401 Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:02 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

Thankyou trikke!

No major updates at the moment as I am completely swamped at work. Lost two guys who got very good offers over and above for what my company offers....which is saying something. Either way....80 man-hours per week bare minimum.....can hurt. For a long time. So sorry all if there is no new major information or updates at this time. Just have to crank out for a while.



soshootmenow #402 Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:46 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

       Any help here would be appreciated. It is plainly obvious that WG needs to start thinking outside of the box here for this game. The numbers for players simply cannot realistically be all that great. And this is after nearly a full year.  Their development of an additional mode (which has been repeatedly rumored) would seem to be required to be brought to fruition. If they are going to try to morph this into some absurd hybrid it is just NOT going to work. The game mechanics are the issue. Something that has been deemed a cartoon joke has simply insurmountable obstacles in terms of customer desired gameplay to overcome. A highly developed cartoon joke....is still just a cartoon joke. Do please feel free to chime-in if anyone thinks (or has reason to believe) that my take on this would be different.

   Stubbornly refusing to give the customers what they want for inane or foolishly arbitrary reasons is just not going to 'fly' here with anyone.

sonic, blindfold, it would seem that stubborn answers from people who would appear to be throwing an immature fit of stubbornness need to have a talking-to. Forcing a revisit to this proposal is simply not that much of a stretch of the imagination. What is currently being done just.....does.....not.....appear....to.....be....working.

   How tough is that for someone to wrap their head around?



soshootmenow #403 Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

  Morning All,

     Still swamped with endless things at work for now (with no light at the end of the tunnel to be seen) but I have not forgotten about this at all.

Researching some things regarding models for a licensed game version either directly or by expansion of the existing license.

A few links below has some very good information. Of course you have to 'cherry-pick' out the relevant and applicable details but all in all it is quite informative.


 

https://www.raphkoster.com/games/snippets/on-pay-to-play-or-mmorpg-business-models-101/


 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/01/free-to-play-mmo-will-test-a-paid-branch-minus-mtx-and-loot-boxes-in-2018/


 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwinofmUzvTdAhVGtlkKHZZ5D9kQFjAEegQIBBAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pdln.info%2Fnewsletter-archive%2Fcorporate-and-mmo-licensing-paper%2FPDLN_GUIDE%2520to%2520Corporate%2520and%2520MMO%2520Licensing.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0X-xQsMvXmDXd0BBgryBbH


 

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/106963/The_China_Angle_Chinese_MMO_Publishers_Go_Public.php


 



soshootmenow #404 Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

  I have also not given up on the original idea to simply have this be a two mode game. The developers appear to be making business decisions based more on an attitude rather than straightforward business sense. There has been no further information posted about their version of an additional mode to be added. I have previously cautioned that yet another 'hybrid' or 'pacifier' mode simply is not going to work. And that means right out of the starting gate. Simply adding a 'death-match' mode to the game using 2.0 UI and mechanics will accomplish nothing to bring people back into the game. The addition of 1.9.x UI and mechanics are what people are looking for. The type of battle mode is actually secondary (but not that far behind) in nature.

   The forums are simply FULL of threads pointing out dissatisfaction and problems....(with what appears to be even more topics along those lines than when the bad versions of 1.9.x were running. (Rubberbanding memories anyone?)).

   Someone at WG or in the development house needs to grab the bull by the horns in this case and start implementing the change everyone here has been calling for and do it immediately.



MAJ_Radmo #405 Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1172 battles
  • 95
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014
World of warships has five modes of play there is no excuse for world of warplanes not to have five modes of play ! Or for that matter to modes of play , Also in world of warships you buy a new ship you can play in PVE mode ... Battle against the bots and still get some experience points and silver coins to build up your ships experience so you can be competitive against the real players at a later time, world of warplanes 2.0 is the worst air combat simulator I have ever seen ! ... It has none of these features, They are simply brain-dead when it comes to listening to their players, on the other hand world of warships does a lot of surveys with their players and listen to their suggestions, right now all over the Internet and around the Internet world you can look up 2 mode solution and it comes up on world of warplanes .... Giving world of warplanes the worst reputation and how they backstabbed their players .. They are still ignoring this, but as i say this again it's not going away and it will never go away until it's changed back ! Or at least add a 1.9 game mode to the existing mode we have ... I was able to get on the forms from Russia Europe the Philippines Canada Puerto Rico Britain and they're all saying the same thing 2.0 sucks point-blank ... World of warplanes are you listening to these people do you want to continue to be the most embarrassing online game to the Internet world around the world  ... Are you going to continue to ignore your players and continue to stab the old players in the back like you've been doing ... ???? THIS IS NOT GOING AWAY >>>>>>>>>> On one of those forms they were two Naval aviators that used to play the 1.9 game mode and said that the realism was fantastic.... when it was changed to 2.0 and their response was it was nothing more than a little kitty videogame ... The tactics and the strategies there are none ... The game is simply very disappointing ..They have ceased playing the game in utter disappointment... Also I have like to thank those who've been writing letters to the wargaming CEO .. Sincerely yours ...

Edited by MAJ_Radmo, 07 October 2018 - 05:34 PM.


soshootmenow #406 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:41 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

    Thankyou Radmo.

 I had no idea you had gone onto the forums from the other regions. Next time you are there perhaps you could post a copy of the link to this thread so they can read it and/or copy-paste the posts to their own thread. Global contributions would seem to be even more likely to get this idea of mine pushed forward. Now would seem to be a good time for that.



soshootmenow #407 Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:48 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
Anyone else have contacts on the forums for other regions......Now might be a good time to put links to this thread out there for everyone to read. I have no problem putting this proposal and all the work everyone has done out there for everyone to see.

vcharng #408 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:37 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3247 battles
  • 591
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostMAJ_Radmo, on 07 October 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

World of warships has five modes of play there is no excuse for world of warplanes not to have five modes of play !

How about "player base"? The number of WOWS players is like a hundred times more than WOWP.



soshootmenow #409 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:40 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View Postvcharng, on 09 October 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

How about "player base"? The number of WOWS players is like a hundred times more than WOWP.

 

You are most certainly correct vcharng. This goes to what I have been saying all along. The other two main games are simply not suffering from the same effects even though all things are basically equal. The 'essence' if you will of the games is what has been the driving force in 'playability' for the customers involved. And that boys and girls is the real driving force of ANY game.

Either the developers are responsive to an overwhelming majority of the issues....or they are NOT.

In this thread is a viable solution for ALL of the parties involved. But it is ignored and/or dismissed for some other wannabe 'enlightened wisdom that will show how (brilliant) and worship-worthy the developers here are with their ultimate solution' that all involved will 'begin to dimly understand' their 'genius'.


 

ummm.....No.


 

That is not what is happening. Nor will it happen. I mean sweet GEEZUS! Will you wannabe gods please pull the broomsticks out of your collective b*tss and start dealing with reality!!??

Does it REALLY take a right-cross open hand full swing smack across your faces to get you to behave and wake up?

It has been a......YEAR......this month since you all screwed everyone over. And yet the wave of converts you expected simply did not happen. And still has not. And is not going to.

Are you going to keyboard-hide forever in some fantasy world???

Really???

Look.....just shutup for once.....and do it our way.

Your way(s) have not worked. That is all there is to it.

Not a big deal really. I just simply have a better idea that can be made profitable, is (overall) easy to implement, and is readily proven, effective, and well thought out solution to the issues.

Just, for once, assume someone else can come up with a more viable update than what you can....and have....done so far.


 



CorvusCorvax #410 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2003 battles
  • 1,892
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postsoshootmenow, on 11 October 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

 

You are most certainly correct vcharng. This goes to what I have been saying all along. The other two main games are simply not suffering from the same effects even though all things are basically equal. The 'essence' if you will of the games is what has been the driving force in 'playability' for the customers involved. And that boys and girls is the real driving force of ANY game.

Either the developers are responsive to an overwhelming majority of the issues....or they are NOT.

In this thread is a viable solution for ALL of the parties involved. But it is ignored and/or dismissed for some other wannabe 'enlightened wisdom that will show how (brilliant) and worship-worthy the developers here are with their ultimate solution' that all involved will 'begin to dimly understand' their 'genius'.


 

ummm.....No.


 

That is not what is happening. Nor will it happen. I mean sweet GEEZUS! Will you wannabe gods please pull the broomsticks out of your collective b*tss and start dealing with reality!!??

Does it REALLY take a right-cross open hand full swing smack across your faces to get you to behave and wake up?

It has been a......YEAR......this month since you all screwed everyone over. And yet the wave of converts you expected simply did not happen. And still has not. And is not going to.

Are you going to keyboard-hide forever in some fantasy world???

Really???

Look.....just shutup for once.....and do it our way.

Your way(s) have not worked. That is all there is to it.

Not a big deal really. I just simply have a better idea that can be made profitable, is (overall) easy to implement, and is readily proven, effective, and well thought out solution to the issues.

Just, for once, assume someone else can come up with a more viable update than what you can....and have....done so far.


 

 

Well, that was certainly persuasive.  You are one smooth salesman.  I'm sure, just sure of it, that the developers will get right on it.

 

I know where the majority of this thread's views come from.  People are just watching the spectacle.  I have viewed this thread 300-400 times myself.  It only takes 100-200 people viewing it, considering there are 100 or more posts in the thread.  There just aren't 10k individuals that are interested in some 1.x mode.  Even fewer are interested in a subscription model.  (That's how the majority of n00bs came in - because it was free-to-play.)

 

I hope that your investors have that money to burn.  Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it.  But it seems pretty unlikely, and even moreso when you berate the developers in public. I completely get that you think you are smarter than they are.  And you might be.  But saying it out loud is unlikely to get positive results.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #411 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 786 battles
  • 3,543
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 11 October 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

 

Well, that was certainly persuasive.  You are one smooth salesman.  I'm sure, just sure of it, that the developers will get right on it.

 

I know where the majority of this thread's views come from.  People are just watching the spectacle.  I have viewed this thread 300-400 times myself.  It only takes 100-200 people viewing it, considering there are 100 or more posts in the thread.  There just aren't 10k individuals that are interested in some 1.x mode.  Even fewer are interested in a subscription model.  (That's how the majority of n00bs came in - because it was free-to-play.)

 

I hope that your investors have that money to burn.  Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it.  But it seems pretty unlikely, and even moreso when you berate the developers in public. I completely get that you think you are smarter than they are.  And you might be.  But saying it out loud is unlikely to get positive results.

silent smh for 11 months wasn't working

so would you recommend butt kissing at a higher level

please... show us your skills


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


CorvusCorvax #412 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2003 battles
  • 1,892
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 11 October 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

silent smh for 11 months wasn't working

so would you recommend butt kissing at a higher level

please... show us your skills

 

Why?  I don't care one way or another - this is somebody else's hobby horse.  But the fastest (and easiest, by far) way for this to happen is for the developers to include it  And in order to do that, you don't berate the developers or the studio, nor do you proclaim how much smarter you are than they.

 

Even I know this.  And, after all this bad-mouthing, how does one negotiate a stand-alone deal?  Business isn't all about money, it is also about relationships.  In fact, one could say it's even more about relationships than money.  Especially for the party without even an ounce of leverage in the deal.

 

No, please tell me more about how wrong I am.  This will be fascinating.  [waits patiently for ABC's expertise to shine through...]



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #413 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:35 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 786 battles
  • 3,543
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 11 October 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

 

Why?  I don't care one way or another - this is somebody else's hobby horse.  But the fastest (and easiest, by far) way for this to happen is for the developers to include it  And in order to do that, you don't berate the developers or the studio, nor do you proclaim how much smarter you are than they.

 

Even I know this.  And, after all this bad-mouthing, how does one negotiate a stand-alone deal?  Business isn't all about money, it is also about relationships.  In fact, one could say it's even more about relationships than money.  Especially for the party without even an ounce of leverage in the deal.

 

No, please tell me more about how wrong I am.  This will be fascinating.  [waits patiently for ABC's expertise to shine through...]

damn Rico... chill

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

I thought you'd have some real insight instead of lashing out at me...

so you (again) gripe that everyone is doing it wrong, and...

we need to listen better

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

so, yeah we know it's a bad idea, it's being horribly executed and the language is not fit for baby bear...

(too hot or too cold -too hard or too soft -etc.)

we know... but,

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

so, thanks for your input...

appreciate you steering with what not to do...

I'm sure we'll be there soon

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


soshootmenow #414 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 11 October 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

 

Well, that was certainly persuasive.  You are one smooth salesman.  I'm sure, just sure of it, that the developers will get right on it.

 

I know where the majority of this thread's views come from.  People are just watching the spectacle.  I have viewed this thread 300-400 times myself.  It only takes 100-200 people viewing it, considering there are 100 or more posts in the thread.  There just aren't 10k individuals that are interested in some 1.x mode.  Even fewer are interested in a subscription model.  (That's how the majority of n00bs came in - because it was free-to-play.)

 

I hope that your investors have that money to burn.  Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it.  But it seems pretty unlikely, and even moreso when you berate the developers in public. I completely get that you think you are smarter than they are.  And you might be.  But saying it out loud is unlikely to get positive results.

 

As others have cited and stated......I am going to put my spin on this here.

Puh-LEASE....do.....cite chapter and verse of the literally THOUSANDS of statistics, reasonable arguments, proposals (including this one), supporting documentation, facts, endless discussions, debates, helpful hints, sarcastic comments, obscure (and very specific) references, attempted subtle (and very strong) motivational comments, shaming vernacular, motivational speeches, honestly stated opinions, changes to be made stated in the very most simplistic of terms, multiple source references (including all of YOUR comments, Corvus, on this and many other threads dating back literally...........YEARS!!!!) and point to the times ANY of these polite and well-phrased discussions made a REAL and OVERALL difference.

   Given that these are facts.....maybe a little b*tc-slapping: Is not really out of line at this point.

Prove me wrong. Show me where YOUR and ANYONE ELSE's intelligent, researched, accurate, and well thought-out arguments have made an ACUTUAL and IMPLEMENTED real difference at......ANY....time over the last several YEARS.  

   We all have been IGNORED. And undeservedly so.

    I am reasonably certain you, and anyone else, would not like this sort of treatment if the roles were altered to you buying a new car, motorcycle, insurance, refrigerator, TV, computer, or any number of other things you are going to pay money for. You would not like it AT ALL if someone treated your girlfriend, sister, father, brother, or mother that way.

    Your own stated desire for 1.9.x for WHATEVER reason or reasons have not come to fruition.

If no one else has the guts to cite a lack of responsiveness.........well.....I most certainly DO. And I just DID.

Anyone.....Anyone at all...of any rank, title, or position in WG can feel FREE to invite me to a face-to-face discussion on this. Been there Done that. Own the T-Shirt logo and have earned the rights to print more.

No FREAKING problem. They are just gonna LUV me.

I really am doing this for the benefit of All.

Perhaps you might want to consider joining the chorus here in this case given the endless other prior versions and attempts.



jack_wdw #415 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:24 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1204 battles
  • 421
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012
Well if they look at population, the last year certainly didn't increase playerbase.
If you want to make a buck, serve your clients right.
 

CorvusCorvax #416 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2003 battles
  • 1,892
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 October 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

damn Rico... chill

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

I thought you'd have some real insight instead of lashing out at me...

so you (again) gripe that everyone is doing it wrong, and...

we need to listen better

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

so, yeah we know it's a bad idea, it's being horribly executed and the language is not fit for baby bear...

(too hot or too cold -too hard or too soft -etc.)

we know... but,

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

so, thanks for your input...

appreciate you steering with what not to do...

I'm sure we'll be there soon

you did say "Admittedly, I am interested in 1.x, and would like to see something come of it"

Since you seem to be confused (and of course, this in on purpose, part of the larger forum game), I'll help you out.

 

It would be interesting if something came of the 1.x adventure.  But if it doesn't, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep at night.  And you also seem confused about who can post in the forums, and why.  That I can't help you with - but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

 

Or maybe you wont.. (On purpose, because Forum Game.)  ;)



CorvusCorvax #417 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2003 battles
  • 1,892
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postsoshootmenow, on 12 October 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

 

 

   Given that these are facts.....maybe a little b*tc-slapping: Is not really out of line at this point.

The fact that you believe this will be effective in getting someone to do something (someone over whom you have zero leverage), is hilarious.  When I say hilarious, I mean literally laugh-out-loud funny.

 

"If I only just troll the developers hard enough, they'll magically see it my way."

 

Damn, dude, you are funny.

 

BTW, effective leaders get staff to do stuff that they would rather not do, every single day, all over the world, without berating them. And, in that case, the leaders actually DO have leverage.  I think you may want to entertain the remote possibility that you might not be all that much smarter than the developers after all.  It is merely a helpful suggestion, no b-slapping required.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #418 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 786 battles
  • 3,543
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

 

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 October 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

  But if it doesn't, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep at night. 

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 October 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

 hilarious, I mean literally laugh-out-loud funny.

it seems the old :bla bla bla meme was written for you...

and I see you embrace it...

that's nice


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


CorvusCorvax #419 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2003 battles
  • 1,892
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 October 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

it seems the old :bla bla bla meme was written for you...

and I see you embrace it...

that's nice

 

Sweet troll, bro.:trollface:

soshootmenow #420 Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:12 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • 153
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 October 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

The fact that you believe this will be effective in getting someone to do something (someone over whom you have zero leverage), is hilarious.  When I say hilarious, I mean literally laugh-out-loud funny.

 

"If I only just troll the developers hard enough, they'll magically see it my way."

 

Damn, dude, you are funny.

 

BTW, effective leaders get staff to do stuff that they would rather not do, every single day, all over the world, without berating them. And, in that case, the leaders actually DO have leverage.  I think you may want to entertain the remote possibility that you might not be all that much smarter than the developers after all.  It is merely a helpful suggestion, no b-slapping required.

 

'If I only just troll all of the contributors on this forum hard enough, they'll magically see it my way'.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOMFG*cough*cough*snort*snort....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Talk about a case of delusional self aggrandizement......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Needs to put down others to puff yourself up because you have nothing on your own. And you actually try to explain 'leadership' to me and everyone else. Like you have actually started and accomplished something.

I did not see international efforts, support, research, contributions, offers of help, and so on......going to.....You.


 

#Youdidnotbuildthat


 

You put down everything....and eventually, everyone.

With all of your accusations, you attempt to project onto all others that which you yourself do.


 

Fail.


 

Pathetically.


 

And everyone knows it about you.


 

 

The sad part is.......you have a brain.......you could have actually helped if you had tried. But it appears that it is just not in you.


 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users